Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

There's an idea. I'm not sure of the specifics of water-based mines, but missions to disarm/scout for/recover a field of them or getting chased by Morgana into a trap where your ships are stuck between mines and Morganas are both interesting possibilities. Or the opposite - trying to lure/back a heavily armoured Morgana into a minefield to take her out. Or, plot twist, a Morgana's suicide switch malfunctioned, and you're tasked with keeping her from committing suicide by minefield.

I imagine that last one is a bit far fetched, but hey, it'd be a mighty ironic situation if you start off chasing a Morgana into a minefield only to end up risking flying into it yourself just to keep her from hitting it.

Personally, I see the EU as a mechanism to enslave remove the sovereignty of it's member nations for the benefit of an elite few. Of course, I'm an American, and a Libertarian at that. so my views are considered outdated by a couple of centuries by most political scientists. I really like Nigel Farage's personality, and I felt that all the videos I've seen of him were defiant of a massive scale bureaucratization that thinks playing money games like the US Government does is just fine and dandy. To say nothing about how some of the EU leadership is elected 'in secret'.

But hey, that's just an outsider's opinion. I personally believe in the quote

In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.

Edit: I won't say any more, I promise! :(

Not sure how well the combat mechanics will accommodate it (my personal suspicion is "not at all"), but staring a mission as a scout ship trying to run back to the main fleet. If you succeed, a normal battle starts with you having detailed intel on enemy placement, ships, state of damage/repair, armaments and so forth. If you get sunk, well, send your main fleet into a blind night battle taking place in a mist bank and hope you don't get yourself flanked.

Another good idea. Any other suggestions?

Personally, I see the EU as a mechanism to enslave remove the sovereignty of it's member nations for the benefit of an elite few. Of course, I'm an American, and a Libertarian at that. so my views are considered outdated by a couple of centuries by most political scientists. I really like Nigel Farage's personality, and I felt that all the videos I've seen of him were defiant of a massive scale bureaucratization that thinks playing money games like the US Government does is just fine and dandy. To say nothing about how some of the EU leadership is elected 'in secret'.

But hey, that's just an outsider's opinion. I personally believe in the quote

In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.
Edit: I won't say any more, I promise! :(
Best to keep political views off this Forum, especially issues that are so recent. Plus we Yanks are gonna have our own problems this November. Not saying you can't have an opinion just this isn't the place or time.

Well, just to jump in here on this topic, but missions are distinct from combat- all the problems discussed so far exist in Missions.

Combat is fleet action, though, and isn't likely to include those kinds of threats. It's actually possible to have a ship start much closer to the Morganas, but...the kinds of real-world ranges modeled by the combat engine means that visual contact would occur at Long, very close to the Player anyway- these issues are likely better modeled by missions than by actual physics-based combat, is my own thinking.

Any idea on how resource expeditions will work in VB?

Another thing I wanted to know is how big the BCS is in number of people? I understand that VB is their full-time job, but I expected a few of them to be milling about here. I only know Legate is one (Where you also the one who reached out to Himeuta?). It would be neat to have a scenario writer, game coder, or Salmon88 around to answer questions too, so poor Legate doesn't have to do *too* much middle-manning with all our questions. :P

Mingonette;

Wouldn't it, though? But not very likely, I'm afraid- generally, they're working on their portion of the game. The total team is over 40 people, though.

For resource expeditions, there isn't an exact analogue. However, any time you transit between Regions you collect some Resources, so in that regard it may be viewed as a similarity. Also, on the naval operations you can gather Resources as well, if you hunt for them.

Mingonette;

Wouldn't it, though? But not very likely, I'm afraid- generally, they're working on their portion of the game. The total team is over 40 people, though.

For resource expeditions, there isn't an exact analogue. However, any time you transit between Regions you collect some Resources, so in that regard it may be viewed as a similarity. Also, on the naval operations you can gather Resources as well, if you hunt for them.

Over 40? That is far more than I expected :blink:

Uhmm Metis you know that

~10% of the backer don't pay when the money is collected

~10% of this is taken away by Kickstarter and Amazon at the moment the backer pay

next the Plushies, Books and other physical reward will need money to be produced and send

End of this year BCS also have to pay tax for Kickstarter as it is considered income.

over all from what I remember other KS had 50% of the pledge eaten away by all this without even having paid a cent for the things they need to make the game.

Also just turn the calculation around 40 Member x 1500$/ month *12 month=720000$ per year! So there is no way you can pay such a big main crew from a Kickstarter that don't get into the millions of dollar.

But you might remember one thing BCS actual asked for money to do the voice acting so the normal team isn't be paid from the Kickstarter money! There might be some extra contract worker for the stretch goals paid from the KS money but that's about it.

I personal think the over 40 people are part time worker and contract worker included. I.e. for voice acting you need many people but only for a limited time, also for the art BCS love to pay contract worker over having a regular crew,at last in the other games from them so far.

Can a Belle actually attack with the launchers or guns in their outfits? Could Mahan's 5" turrets at her hips fire, and if so, would they hit like an actual 5" shell? Could she launch torps from the tubes on her back, and would they run as long and hit as hard as standard Mk. XVs?

Can a Belle actually attack with the launchers or guns in their outfits? Could Mahan's 5" turrets at her hips fire, and if so, would they hit like an actual 5" shell? Could she launch torps from the tubes on her back, and would they run as long and hit as hard as standard Mk. XVs?

Could Bulldog go Jack the Ripper on a Morgana?