Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

Bulldog? Adorable? The foul-mouth prize fighter? That Bulldog? Huh, well anyways as soon as she arrives it's Bulldog vs Salt Lake City for the championship!

Get ready to pay up, Arb

If a ship (HMS Dragon in this example) starts off as one nation (English), then later on is transferred to another nation (Poland as ORP Dragon 1943), would she be designed English/Polish, or would there be say a refit in 1943 where she becomes Polish?

Much talk was had during a walk last night and the topic of Canberra came up. We've discussed situations like Lexington where there are two ships in WWII names for the same location/event. It's not uncommon at all for the USN. In Lexi's case, they shared even the same shipyard. But in one case two different countries have claim to the same location name. Canberra. The Aussies had their Canberra which was sunk and then, much to their surprise, FDR claimed the name in honor of our Aussies allies and named a new USN cruiser Canberra. If could be a kick if the two were both Belles and had to interact with each other...

A few questions about the Belle's physical body, since Kommuna being tired made me think of it -- Do they require sleep? But she mentioned sleeping "at some point earlier this week", so not as much? Do they have to eat as well? And can they change their clothing by just going out and buying new ones, or do they change their "manifestation" for that?

Sorry for the sudden rapid fire questions, haha. The team has put so much work into the lore and characters, I can't get enough @>@

LibraS;

Belles change their physical form freely, although it does take effort. They do not need to sleep, but they can become exhausted. If they do not find a way to recharge (usually it is physical sleep, or 'disappearing') their performance will degrade.

And no problem on the questions! I asked, too. :)

LibraS;

Belles change their physical form freely, although it does take effort. They do not need to sleep, but they can become exhausted. If they do not find a way to recharge (usually it is physical sleep, or 'disappearing') their performance will degrade.

And no problem on the questions! I asked, too. :)

How interesting! :0 Thank you for answering!

So here's a random question. How did you guys come up with the colors for the neutrality stripes? And do other countries have neutrality stripes (i.e. if a Chinese captain has a Belle and wishes to fight for China to try and free his homeland while also fighting the Morgana threat, what would the design be?)

W99;

They are based on the actual Neutrality Stripes of the Spanish Civil War, with some additions for the Minors. I don't know what the Chinese would be- I'll have to ask. :)

Ahh I actually thought they were stuff you came up with, not a real thing that actually existed. Huh. The more you know. I suppose looking at the stripes, they're based off of the flags of the countries (Brazil's would probably be green gold and blue or some variation), which China's would be interesting indeed as its flag during the Second World War is red and blue with a white star, unless you go off of their flag in the 1920s which is red yellow blue white green stripes top to bottom, which would be interesting to come up with stripes for that.

Much talk was had during a walk last night and the topic of Canberra came up. We've discussed situations like Lexington where there are two ships in WWII names for the same location/event. It's not uncommon at all for the USN. In Lexi's case, they shared even the same shipyard. But in one case two different countries have claim to the same location name. Canberra. The Aussies had their Canberra which was sunk and then, much to their surprise, FDR claimed the name in honor of our Aussies allies and named a new USN cruiser Canberra. If could be a kick if the two were both Belles and had to interact with each other...

DYM;

Would be/will be a ton of fun. :)

There are other potential situations like this one.

For example, the German heavy cruiser Prinz Eugen and the Italian light cruiser Eugenio di Savoia, both named after Prince Eugene of Savoy.

(The Germans used the name because he served the Holy Roman Emperor, the Italians because he was a Savoy, even though he was French-born). :P