Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

Procyon;

Well, of course we intend it to run long-term, and continue to develop for it! :)

Forever sounds like the right duration of time. ;)

Oh! That's very good! It's definitely wonderful that you guys are intending to stay in for the long haul in developing / working on the game past release :D.

Which is the most effective way to complete Anti-Submarine Warfare in 39'?

Our sonar equipment performance are not good enough to find submarine,and enemy's firepower would prevent our DDs and CLs from hunting.

So how about the aircraft whether on carries or land-based?

https://youtu.be/IgNrVHsxDvo?t=40

-adjusts hat and prepares fleet-

Fifrein;

Linear time suggests a solution. Thankfully. :)

z-z;

You can absolutely spot and hunt from the air, if you bring Carriers. Success in hunting really depends on your Flag Command vs. Theirs- you'll need to experiment- it's difficult to hunt enemy submarines which are close to a friendly battle line from sea or air, in any event.

In general, though, for the most ideal ASW in '39, fight in a flat calm in the Mediterranean or the South Pacific. :)

Well...will Italian aircraft carrier Aquila and Sparviero join VB?

if they were made & launcher (or on) before 39 they maybe in the game as atm BCS is only revealing a few from the roaster.

Well there certainly is the possibility. I think having alternate art (say maybe while romancing a Belle you buy them a hat and from then onwards they're wearing said hat) and seasonal outfits such as Halloween costumes (Lampo dressed up as Hood), Christmas getups (Santa Mahan), Valentine's day editions (Bulldog's switchblade replaced with a heart shaped box of chocolates), and of course the always popular summer swimsuit editions would change things around and keep it visually interesting, not that VB isn't visually interesting to begin with. It would be nice IMO as a Kancolle player who's fallen out from it if we had a choice on what kind of art/seasonal outfits we wanted our Belles to have. Certainly would've enjoyed seeing swimsuit Tenryuu more than was there. But that's just me and my opinion.

Regardless, it'll take a lot of time in some instances, more than just removing/adding clothing on the art we already have but making new graphics as well.

And as Legate has said, "But first, '39!"

W99;

Oh, what jojosqex and I were discussing were costume pieces, not alternate costumes, some of which are in. :)

Ah, I thought they were similar (that's what I get for multitasking)

Will VB have as many ship mascots as they can find information on in the game? Not only Exeter and Mahan but also the likes of New Orleans which IIRC there was a mention of trying to find her ship mascot.

I stumbled across the Second HMS Manchester Association, and while reading their articles on the WWII ship, I came across the fact that they acquired photo albums from a former sailor, which included "newspaper cuttings relating to the sinking of the Bismark - Manchester was on patrol in the Faroes - Iceland area at that time, and there are also pictures of Nick's time in Iceland, and a newspaper article on the ship's dog, "AD (Able Dog) Shrapnel".

Similarly related only in that it's dealing with Manchester, Gracie Fields apparently also visited, as was referred to by Nick Carter in his album, "The Tiddliest ship in the Navy" (aka Manchester)