Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

Hmm, i've got a question, and i apologize if i shock Salmon.

Was facial expressions for Belles discussed in the game's art design? And how viable would it be to add them to the game at a later date?

Gender- The stories are written in a way where the Captain's gender is left ambiguous.

Previous Accomplishments- IDK

Nationality- Each nation has there own individual stories.

Is ninja secretly a spy that tells you guys what the community is thinking or wants...he seems to be very informed. :)

I am making that 'morgana captain' voice thing, although not knowing much about morgana I'm kinda just spitballing/having fun with it, I'll post it later.

How much of the belle's looks are inspired by their names, and how much by their history? To clarify, does the ship's personal history take priority or does it get shared equally with their names. If one had to be chosen over another which would it be, and how do you guys make that choice?

Example: Gambia, would she have a Gambian accent/look due to her name, English accent/look, New Zealand?

Would belles like the Bismark sisters be not as close to her sister ships as say....The USS Cleveland class would be, or the IJN Myoko class.

I'm excited for more content, can you tell? :lol:

Sorry if you can't answer these ones. :(

Sinboto;

No, but I think he reads a great deal here on the forums! :)

Belles are influenced by many things, not only their namesake and service history, but also where they were built, national origin and other factors. Art, Research and Writing makes the choice as it goes through the character design process.

All the Belles are different- some sisters are close, but some definitely aren't. ;)

I believe that what gets priority is different with each belle. All of it tends to be put in some way or another, but the degree seems to depend on significance. For example, Hood is the symbol of power of the British navy, so her namesake got a side role while her personality was more that of a woman who projects an aura of power. A very strong lady, and she knows it. On the other hand, I did my best to recreate the BCS design process in my fanfic. (which you can read in the writer's corner; It's called An Enterprising Captain.) When I created USS Sterett, she had a very significant and interesting namesake, so I took more influence from that than from her admittedly very colorful service history.

I have a couple of questions about the upcoming game. Sorry if these have been answered somewhere else, but I tried searching the forums and checked Kickstarter, and the search function didn't bring up anything for me that seemed to match.

I was wondering how saved games work. Are you allowed to have more than one at a time on an account (like if you wanted to pursue two different Belles in your fleet to see which romance you liked better, or play for two different nations) or is it only one per registration at a time? If it's only one saved game at a time, when you finish it, does your profile "save" the story/achievements you earned and let them carry over, or do you start completely from scratch on a new game? If someone has computer issues and has to reinstall or buy a new machine, is the save completely in the cloud, or are there components on the physical machine you should back up to save your progress?

My second question is: if you earned Kickstarter bonuses (like starting Belles) are they available to you every time you start a new game, or only the first time you play?

If you haven't finalized those decisions yet, I'd really like to see an option to have at least two or three save slots; not just for different games, but so you could explore story options without having to worry about catastrophic story failure due to very poor choices (I'm not very strategy-minded, so I assume I'll probably be sinking a lot of Belles until I get the hang of it. More interested in the stories than the combat. ^_^). Barring that, a way to go back and revisit pivotal story moments you've unlocked for your Belles (via a captain's log or diary, maybe?) would be a nice feature for the future. That way, if you really liked one Belle's story, you can revisit it later without having to play through it again, freeing up time to pursue other Belles and learn their stories.

Thanks for your time, and really looking forward to playing the game! Thank you for all your hard work with the updates!

I can answer portions of you questions, There are multiple slots that let you play through different countries but I don't know about manual save slots though. As far as catastrophic results, to my understanding it would be hard to fail at that level. One battle won't sink a Belle permanently (outside of death-dates). It's possible only if you take a critically damaged belle in to a fight but you will receive a warning if you attempt to (same for taking them out on death dates). The game is online only currently so most likely all progress is saved on line and is connected to your account and not your local machine. As for the kickstarter bonuses, it's probably one time use but it's to your whole account. So whenever you start a new game you still have the same belles unlocked for starters to each nation but the ingame currency (for example) won't renew.