Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

if we are going by launch date wouldn't Orion be older (just talking off the top of my head though)

Age is determined by Commissioning, as such, any ship launched before sept 1st 1939, but not commissioned before that date, will not be in the 1939 update. Also, you're thinking of the wrong HMS Orion. You're thinking of the 1910 battleship, but she was sold for scrap in 1922. The one in game is most likely the Leander class light cruiser.

so I have been following this since day one on kick starter, but I only now have a question i don't think has an answer to,

what year dose the cut off happen for tech, is it the end of the second world war or can we expect things like a update to a Iowa class from the Golf war, Eg UAV, Harpoon Missiles and CIWS?

thanks, and have loved reading this over the last few months :D

so I have been following this since day one on kick starter, but I only now have a question i don't think has an answer to,

what year dose the cut off happen for tech, is it the end of the second world war or can we expect things like a update to a Iowa class from the Golf war, Eg UAV, Harpoon Missiles and CIWS?

thanks, and have loved reading this over the last few months :D

There's not been really anything about later than 1945. I know at least that it's more than likely that they'll have HMS Vanguard. I don't think that at least now it'll be any later but who knows, later on they may go a bit further

A question about the belles and their gear. Now I've learned from experience to never ask a woman her weight, but I'll take any and all responsibility for my actions:

How much does what the belles form on them (guns torpedoes AA) weigh, would it be possible for a human to lift them or would you need cranes and such?

How much do the belles themselves weigh, let's use Bulldog and Royal for an example since wellington is right above me. Let's say something catastrophic happens during a patrol and one of them gets injured/knocked out would it be possible for your standard 200+ pound man to move Bulldog, what about Royal? Or would it be physically impossible and you would have to leave them there while you continued fighting?

And finally: How much do their melee weapons weigh, they are constructions of their will correct so would they weigh the same or can they control the weight? Comparing say Mahan's sword and Bulldogs' switch.

Draven001;

The game is rooted in WW2- it's possible we'll extend to the Cold War, but...first 1939. :)

SS;

While density is partially under their control, in general you could lift them and often their gear. Usually, they weight slightly less than a real human, sometimes significantly less.

Their melee weapons vary, and the weight is under their control, for the most part.

thanks for answering,

another side note, is there the possibility of land based aircraft and if so... jets?

the Messerschmitt Me 262 was build in 1944.

or are we sticking with the carrier prop planes?

Probably been asked before but will there be any kind of special interactions between certain Belles if they're in a fleet together? Say Hood and Bismarck or Hood and Dunkerque?

W99;

It has been- unfortunately no. The writing needs for that would be too much...at least for '39.

I figured something like that but thought I'd ask anyways. Perhaps later on after '39 there would be a chance for that.

Hey there everyone. I finally got all caught up reading the Kickstarter updates and also all of this thread. (Feeds my hunger for VB knowledge)

I read that each month the VB team does a vote and need all in in order for the Beta to go ahead. Then after that, it will be approximately a month and they'll do the same vote process on releasing the game to the public. Correct?

Since it could be another month or two for the Beta and then a month or two for Public release. I'm sorta wondering if it might turn into a September release for the full game? Which would also allow it to release when it "starts." How accurate do you think this guess is, or am I being too pessimistic?

Will we see the interviews in game? To be more specific, will we see them as a kind of codex entry or as an introduction when we acquire a belle?

Also I don't think I've said this directly but thanks for answering all my dumb questions. :)

Sinboto Simmons;

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the interviews are considered to be "non-canon" for the Victory Belles game. I remember reading a comment earlier in this thread where a person asked about the ships being aware of their "future" and the reply to that question was along the lines of the interviews not being canon.

SS;

The interviews are more to introduce you to the characters, and have some fun. Parts of them may be canon, but on the whole I would take them with a grain of salt. We didn't really intend the interviews to go on very much past the campaign, but they were too much fun, so...here we are. :)

W99;

That photo tells me there is a serious problem with that park's maintenance. :)

Something that's been on my mind since Kongou first appeared and while writing my fanfic is regarding if certain Belles in the game are written about and given fan art for even before they're shown, or before they're created. If a person (for example) writes a fanfic about what VB Bismarck and Prinz Eugen would be like (their mannerisms, personalities, quirks, and appearance) and say a few months later you need to come up with all that for the version that's in the game, how difficult (I guess that's the right way of phrasing it) is it to come up with your own version without copying what's already done? Granted thus far us fanfic writers have tried our best to choose ships that have a low chance of appearing in VB, but there's that chance.

That does bring up the issue of similarities for the purpose of copyright. I've heard of writers not communicating with their fans specifically to a kid a circumstance wherein the fan has an idea that is similar to the author's idea and sues the other for stealing the idea. It sucks for fans who just coincidentally made something but don't have malicious intent.

Personally I think imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and would be honored if elements of my fic appeared in VB or were referenced but for obvious reasons that's probably not going to happen.

Why not put a blanket claim on every derived fan work and, if the situation ever comes up, shooting it down with "actually, that fan fiction legally belongs to us"? That seems like a more practical solution than enforcing an information blackout in this day and age.