Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

Follow up question:
How do chains of command function on a Belle, or in a Belle fleet under a single Belle Captain? On a single ship, obviously command authority lies with the Captain, on paper there's no way most naval organizations will list the Belles themselves. In practice however, do they hold command authority over say the XO when it comes to sailing and fighting the warship? In a mutli Belle, single captain fleet, would each ship have a human XO that handles the care and feeding of the sailors, disposition of supplies and manages the daily routine of the ship and it's departments. Generally acting as something of a CO, with the Belle in command at action stations, and the dull reality of military paperwork all flowing to the CO's office aboard his flagship for the rubber stamp? (Neptune bless the poor yeomen who have to help with a full Belle fleet's worth of paperwork. Acquisition requests, resupply, leave requests, red cross letters, etc.). Or is the nominal "XO' a captain in every sense except having a Belle's loyalty, and thus, final command of the warship? This goes back to our questions about Belle abilities. If Belles can communicate and coordinate with each other faster and more reliably than a human radioman can get a message intraship (or semaphore, or Morse code, colored flares with pre arranged meanings, bloody smoke signals if you have to...) cutting out the human factor and letting the Belle Captain fight the fleet by coordinating with Belles directly, leaving them to carry out orders aboard themselves would be faster and more effective. Which would look like... 

Redacted: "Yes Sir, Yes. Confirmed. *Off Belle Comm* Helm! Bring us about and run us up to combat speed. Bosun! Bring us to quarters." 
Bosun: "Aye. *1MC* General quarters, all hands, man your battle stations!" 
XO: "Status ma'am?" 
Redacted: "Spotter plane has found us a target Commander. The Captain has assented to my request that it be our honor to destroy it. Our first catch of the day." 
XO: "Aye ma'am. Further orders?

Redacted: "Torpedoes. Let's preposition those like we discussed with the captain in the last fleet strategy meeting. We know about where they'll be... but leave a set of launchers to the other side, I don't want us without our heavy hitters if there's something else lurking out there." 
XO: "Aye ma'am. I'll ensure it's as you and the Captain wanted. We're ready." 
Redacted: "Fighting fit, now, let's show the Captain what we're made of."

Or would it be something else?

More of a game question than a lore question, is it possible we might have the option to have the German cruiser Seydlitz completed in 1940? She was 95% complete in September, one year from the game's start date, and I assume with the right influences it'd be totally plausible to have that last 5% finished and the ship ready for that year. The name Seydlitz is a proud and excellent namesake, in both the Rittergeneral that the cruiser was named for, and the SMS Seydlitz, her WW1 ancestor, and I would love to see the name carried on and represented in VB. (Not to mention that German players don't exactly have a lot of ships and need whatever they can get)

Drauf Seydlitz!

19 minutes ago, Scootia said:

More of a game question than a lore question, is it possible we might have the option to have the German cruiser Seydlitz completed in 1940? She was 95% complete in September, one year from the game's start date, and I assume with the right influences it'd be totally plausible to have that last 5% finished and the ship ready for that year. The name Seydlitz is a proud and excellent namesake, in both the Rittergeneral that the cruiser was named for, and the SMS Seydlitz, her WW1 ancestor, and I would love to see the name carried on and represented in VB. (Not to mention that German players don't exactly have a lot of ships and need whatever they can get)

Drauf Seydlitz!

i actually asked a question like that some time a go, admittedly it was about technology develpment and deployment. (american torpedoes getting fixed sooner rather than later) and de's said yes so there no real reason why ship construction can't be accelerated as well.

• 2 months later...

Today (or was it yesterday) marks the release of a game some in the VB community talked about on the discord as a way to pass time until VB will finally launch in all its glory.
Now here is the setback: At least two of us can't get it downloaded or up and running, because the publisher announced a "global" release, but it seems only english native countries were meant.

So here's my question, oh most honourable Legate, will VB have a real global launch or do some parts of the world get it earlier, some later and a few never?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Käpt'n Korky said:

Today (or was it yesterday) marks the release of a game some in the VB community talked about on the discord as a way to pass time until VB will finally launch in all its glory.
Now here is the setback: At least two of us can't get it downloaded or up and running, because the publisher announced a "global" release, but it seems only english native countries were meant.

So here's my question, oh most honourable Legate, will VB have a real global launch or do some parts of the world get it earlier, some later and a few never?

I'm guessing you mean girls frontline.

3 hours ago, Käpt'n Korky said:

also is VB not a browers game so dose it matter. And it's being released in Japanese and English.

If the game has a big enough following in a non-English country/ries (for example, Germany or maybe the Hispanosphere ), would the VN parts be fully translated in that language in the future? I know it is a huge, expensive undertaking though since iirc the total word count for the VN parts is around 2 million words.

• 4 weeks later...

It is a question not directly related to VictoryBelles,

In Japan, we call seven battleships carrying 16inch(41cm)guns as Big Seven(Colorado, Maryland, West Virginia,Nelson, Rodney,Nagato,Mutu), but in the West of 1939 call it like this?

I wonder about the warships that were built during the war, but the work was interrupted or unfinished because of the beginning of the war, the destruction during the war or because of the end of the war sent to scrap. If VB changes history, then how does this matter look like?