Black Chicken Studios Forums

The business model - Taking cues and learning lessions from other F2Ps

reltats

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure there will be some increase of power for new added belles over the years or there will be never be a reason to switch over to a other belle as your previous main one.

But what about the Belles that you have initially that you want to train up? I believe Legate said that no matter the ship you can make it the best ship in your fleet, and I want Bulldog to be the best damn ship in mine

But what about the Belles that you have initially that you want to train up? I believe Legate said that no matter the ship you can make it the best ship in your fleet, and I want Bulldog to be the best damn ship in mine

You forgot one mayor point if a ship got added in the next year of the series it miss out 1 year of experience. So if you can import your save from the previous game as it is planed for all BCS games so far then there would be absolut no reason to use anything else then the Belle you used so far unless the new Belle get a huge starting boost compared to what the old belle had started with. Or are you say a ship added 1944 should be start out the same and have the same maximum as a ship would look that start 1939? Then everything would be just easy walk for a Belle that played trough 4 or 5 years already.

Schwarzbart;

Well, in a game such as this, it's about the characters. There isn't a reason to use any other Belle other than your starter, except that you may prefer other characters.

Ships added in 1944 are likely to be equipped better, and that may be a reason to acquire them alone. ;)

Of course, as the game advances, you'll want a larger fleet regardless to deal with challenges all over the globe.

You forgot one mayor point if a ship got added in the next year of the series it miss out 1 year of experience. So if you can import your save from the previous game as it is planed for all BCS games so far then there would be absolut no reason to use anything else then the Belle you used so far unless the new Belle get a huge starting boost compared to what the old belle had started with. Or are you say a ship added 1944 should be start out the same and have the same maximum as a ship would look that start 1939? Then everything would be just easy walk for a Belle that played trough 4 or 5 years already.

You're forgetting that people are going to want ships because of their historical context and their appearance. Regardless of everything, people are going to want Bismarck, people are going to want Yamato, people are going to want Warspite, people are going to want Iowa.

If anything, it'll take longer to make a destroyer in 1939 maxed out than a battleship in 1944.

I supported VB because BCS are the first to actually put efforts in their character designs on top of featuring more navies.

As was discussed on Kntai, most Kancolle clones sacrifice quality for quantity, VB seems to have the right balance between the two and does not shame away from referencing WW2.

If I compare KC & the "clones" I currently play.

KanColle:

_ Character design is a mixed bag, it varies heavily depending on the artist, compare Musashi to Hyuuga.

_ There is little to no narrative.

_ The game is centered around collection rather than progression, in fact, progression is not really needed to "collect" ships. (I only bothered to clear World 3 last week after a year, and yet have gotten most of the ships already).

_ KanColle's shop is centered around long term investment and quality of life, only players who have acquired a lot of ships will need to expand their inventory & dock space, but the game actively dissuades you from buying ressources and most of the "profitable" upgrades imply a certain amount of veterancy through level restriction.

_ No content locking, getting the ship you want can be very easy or very hard depending on luck and RNG.

Panzer Waltz:

_ Character design is clearly focused on "you gotta have blue hairs" anime/moe/fanservice.

_ There is very little RNG compared to Kancolle.

_ The game is less about collection and more about progression, with technologies & unlock trees, (it is impossible to get Tier 6 Tanks without farming high level missions, which cannot be done without appropriate tech levels etc...)

_ It has a campaign with a narrative.

_ PW's shop is centered around faster progression: Boosters, ressource packs, daily ressource gains etc.. It's the usual "progress faster than others" kind of deal.

_ No content locking, getting the tanks you want can take a long time if its a high-tier one.

Victory Belles:

_ Character design steers away from fanservice and more emphasise is put on historical/namesake referencing.

_ The game does not shy away from WW2/history and embrace the settings.

_ For now the game seems to be more about progression than collection, with a heavy focus on narrative campaigns.

_ Hopefully no content locking considering the backlash BCS faced on Himeuta about KS exclusives, ships will be "time locked" but research steering seems to be a thing.

As far as I can understand for now, Victory Belles seems to be closer to Panzer Waltz in terms of gameplay.

We have to keep in mind with KC is that the premium shop is designed around the idea that people who are willing to pay for the game will do so after having invested a considerable amount of time already.

There is very little incentive for a new player to pay for ressources and upgrades (except maybe more repair/construction docks), while veteran players wishing to expand their collection/beat hard mode events will pretty much have to. In Panzer Waltz it's the complete opposite, the premium shop is a lot more interesting when you start out and lack pretty much everything.

VB's economy thus far is still a mystery, so it's hard to deliberate what kind of premium shop would fit the best.

Archived