Black Chicken Studios Forums

Fanfiction And Fanfiction Ideas

Pataponvideo

We all know sooner or later someone was going to make a Victory Belle's fanfiction so I decided to make a thread for people to post their fanfic ideas and fanfiction. This thread was made so when fanfictions of Victory Belles were made they would have a place to be posted at.

Now for my Ideas,

The life of a Admiral leading his ships

The state of the world before and during the Morgana threat

The formation of the Anti-Morgana International Task Force AMITF

Random One Shots detailing events in the world

Whelp I'm out of ideas.

Edit: Because I saw DrYuriMom story thread I'm now adding an Index

The Improbable Captain by DrYuriMom

http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=3248

A Bittersweet Symphony - The Tale of Manchester and Captain Falshaw by Wellington99

http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=3252

Iron Fish by Fallschirmjager

http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=3253

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I were to write one, I'd write a series of one-shots from the point of view of the belles in which they tell the tales of how their ships first went into the mist and encountered Morganas. Effectively their birth.

I assume that this forum will eventually get it's own Writer's Corner subforum.

I cannot assume what Lovecraftian madness stories will spring from it. Though considering the mental asylum that Academagia's Writer's Corner is at times...

The Academagia's Writer's Corner has gotten my clothes stolen by a tiger and orang-utan, and that's in a setting where the Zoology professor is only moderately unfit to be within 50 feet of a classroom. Not to mention, that's nothing more than a solid 8 on a 1-10 weirdness scale. Just imagine what a setting of ship girls and tentacle aliens will go through when it's errant monkeys with feline accomplices get involved. And VB did end up getting ship mascots, so...

Hi ho!

I'm thinking about writting a diary-based fan fiction on Victory Belles' early start on Backer Beta. Here's how i plan to start it:

With the appearance of the Morgana in 1939, alongside the Victory Belles who countered their first blows, there were men (and women if we have female players as backers) who were able to sense the Belles and were able to either communicate with them or coordinate them against the first Morgana waves.

*** Author's note 1: i hope i got the date and initial lore right ***

As the International Naval Protection Force of 1939 was born, the League of Nations scouted all those who estabilished friendly contact with any Belle, attempting to make them part of the Naval Protection Force. It was imperative that most, if not all countries, had representatives within the organization in order to maintain a global presence on Morgana activity.

The first foray revealed an immense group of all crafts and origins: while most were naval soldiers in their respective countries, there were others withour war experience: crafters, engineers, scholars, even common folk and women.

A more thorough investigation has culminated in a list of one thousand, one hundred and thirteen individuals.

Those without naval or even millitary training were given the chance to learn basic training in a short time in order to help the organization.

The League of Nations has decided to name this first wave of naval officers the Hendecagon - who later became commonly known as "The First Eleven" - with thirteen of the most skilled or influencial officers being recognized as the highest among the Hendecagon, forming the globally influencial Triskai Office. To protect their relatives and friends, officers within the International Naval Protection Force were given the choice of assuming a codename rather than their own.

*** Author's note 2: The appearance of the Morgana shifted history in Earth, and so a few things were changed. The Hendecagon (a polygon with 11 sides) is a direct reference to the Pentagon (built between 1941 and 1943 if i'm proven correct), but escalated on a global level to deal with the Morgana threat. Its members are, as you may have logically guessed, the first backers of the project.

As for the Triskai Office, while its members could be based from most wealthy or influencial backers who supported the project (Admirals Goombah and Hurtado, to name a few), the choice will be given by Black Chicken Studios. Once i ask them and they send out their answer, i'll document the decision as part of the world-building process within my fiction, made to mirror as much as possible from the game and its roots. ***

This log contains the records of Gerrion, Captain of Sea and War, Portuguese representative within the International Naval Protection Force. Born in Oporto, Portugal, this civillian was a Chemestry scholar in his hometown who was undergoing a business proposition with the Royal Navy in Belfast, Irland. A small Morgana raid on the city on September 2nd triggered a Belle awakening upon the HMS Belfast that was docked in the city, and while several were able to communicate with her, it was Gerrion's diplomacy and "kind logic" that prompted Belfast to fight the Morgana and sucesfully halt their raid, protecting the city of Belfast. This small raid was one of several that the United Kingdom brought to the League of Nations' attention.

Though a civillian without millitary training, Gerrion's leadership skills were proven an asset to the International Naval Protection Force, and his family's wealth and influence allowed him to become a portuguese representative within the organization, with his rank given by the Portuguese Navy and allowed to be part of the British Navy without compromising his country's neutral status.

What i originally plan to do with this fiction is to create a sort of beguinner's guide made from both advice and Beta Test experiences from backers, all wrapped up within a fan fiction to make the read more interesting.

So, what do you think of this idea? Good? Bad? So-so?

So far the idea is good but the execution needs work. For one, the belles were awakened when ships travelled into the morgana's mists, so unless he was on the Belfast and it wasn't in port, he wouldn't be there when it awakened. Also, in my personal opinion, take that as you will, the hendecagon thing sounds contrived and cliche.

Note: from what I've gathered, the morganas have yet to attack ports, preferring to remain at sea.

I can accept that. I might like to work with you Gerrion, as I was thinking of a set of stories from the point of view of the belles as they awaken. You can have your diaries of the crewmen on them.

@Legate of Mineta and @Ninjapacman

First and foremost, thanks for the feedback! I didn't had the whole list of requirements for a Belle awakening in my mind, so i could have missed my mark a bit.

The encounter could have happened in portuguese waters instead of Ireland, with HMS Belfast temporarily stationed there when the Morgana strike, leading to her awakening.

It sounds nice. Ninjapacman could write the origin story, while i handle the growth arc as both Gerrion and Belfast grow as foreigners within the British Navy.

However, we also have to consider Laura Ketchum's work and build around it. Since she's the Lead Writter and has the final say on Belfast's personality. If only we could recieve her feedback on this.

Well, I was planning to cover the developed and revealed belles first, so we have developed personalities. I was going to make it a series of one-shots.

Edit: I was planning to cover as many belles as I could, not just Belfast. In fact, she wasn't really on my original list for the first couple, but I suppose I could bump her up.

"...major raids affected almost every naval power on Earth. American vessels were attacked within sight of the Brooklyn Navy Yard; the British were hit near Scapa Flow. Off the Moroccan coast, in spitting distance of Danzig and Leningrad, in plain view of Bari, on the edge of Maizuru Harbor, and in so many other places, mists appeared from nowhere, and ships were blasted apart in a thunder of guns and fire." -(Campaign update #5, victory belles Kickstarter)

I don't have much on the exact origin and/or the summoning of belles, but it's pretty clear the Morganas can go near and shoot into ports, but can never set foot on or near land. At the very least, they choose not to. Think Arpeggio of Blue Steel (which if iirc was actually one of the influences). Basically there's no sea travel or trade without extreme measures taken for defense of convoys, but every self-sufficient continent should have no problem, especially with land connections. (i.e., America should only have a small drop in economy and luxuries, but no real issue surviving or continuing as normal. the Japanese Islands however would have a lot of trouble acquiring vital resources for production and survival.)

Edit: Just for fun, I could write an essay on why the world having trouble surviving was Bull[redacted] in Arpeggio, but I'm limiting it to this summary for now because off-topic.

Hi ho!

I'm thinking about writting a diary-based fan fiction on Victory Belles' early start on Backer Beta. Here's how i plan to start it:

With the appearance of the Morgana in 1939, alongside the Victory Belles who countered their first blows, there were men (and women if we have female players as backers) who were able to sense the Belles and were able to either communicate with them or coordinate them against the first Morgana waves.

*** Author's note 1: i hope i got the date and initial lore right ***

As the International Naval Protection Force of 1939 was born, the League of Nations scouted all those who estabilished friendly contact with any Belle, attempting to make them part of the Naval Protection Force. It was imperative that most, if not all countries, had representatives within the organization in order to maintain a global presence on Morgana activity.

The first foray revealed an immense group of all crafts and origins: while most were naval soldiers in their respective countries, there were others withour war experience: crafters, engineers, scholars, even common folk and women.

A more thorough investigation has culminated in a list of one thousand, one hundred and thirteen individuals.

Those without naval or even millitary training were given the chance to learn basic training in a short time in order to help the organization.

The League of Nations has decided to name this first wave of naval officers the Hendecagon - who later became commonly known as "The First Eleven" - with thirteen of the most skilled or influencial officers being recognized as the highest among the Hendecagon, forming the globally influencial Triskai Office. To protect their relatives and friends, officers within the International Naval Protection Force were given the choice of assuming a codename rather than their own.

*** Author's note 2: The appearance of the Morgana shifted history in Earth, and so a few things were changed. The Hendecagon (a polygon with 11 sides) is a direct reference to the Pentagon (built between 1941 and 1943 if i'm proven correct), but escalated on a global level to deal with the Morgana threat. Its members are, as you may have logically guessed, the first backers of the project.

As for the Triskai Office, while its members could be based from most wealthy or influencial backers who supported the project (Admirals Goombah and Hurtado, to name a few), the choice will be given by Black Chicken Studios. Once i ask them and they send out their answer, i'll document the decision as part of the world-building process within my fiction, made to mirror as much as possible from the game and its roots. ***

This log contains the records of Gerrion, Captain of Sea and War, Portuguese representative within the International Naval Protection Force. Born in Oporto, Portugal, this civillian was a Chemestry scholar in his hometown who was undergoing a business proposition with the Royal Navy in Belfast, Irland. A small Morgana raid on the city on September 2nd triggered a Belle awakening upon the HMS Belfast that was docked in the city, and while several were able to communicate with her, it was Gerrion's diplomacy and "kind logic" that prompted Belfast to fight the Morgana and sucesfully halt their raid, protecting the city of Belfast. This small raid was one of several that the United Kingdom brought to the League of Nations' attention.

Though a civillian without millitary training, Gerrion's leadership skills were proven an asset to the International Naval Protection Force, and his family's wealth and influence allowed him to become a portuguese representative within the organization, with his rank given by the Portuguese Navy and allowed to be part of the British Navy without compromising his country's neutral status.

What i originally plan to do with this fiction is to create a sort of beguinner's guide made from both advice and Beta Test experiences from backers, all wrapped up within a fan fiction to make the read more interesting.

So, what do you think of this idea? Good? Bad? So-so?

It's good, nice to see people starting to post fanfics in teh thread. I'm planing on transferring the Oneshot I wrote in the Discord chat here but I need to rewrite the final scene.

Archived