Black Chicken Studios Forums

Officer Candidate School Accelerated Course (pre-lim)

Nel Celestine

Hi ho!

I can't contribute a lot to this cause, but you have my support. Such course would be an asset on which i could develop a better background when i start writting my diary.

Also, i'll ask my father's side of the family if we have any logs or information about the German operations here at Portugal. Basically said, they had a spy line that monitored british vessels, picking which would be the best to quickly sink with a nearby hiding german sub. I'll report back with the awnser - i do hope there's one.

• 2 months later...

891c1261d4.jpg

"USS Recruit here with a long over due update on the OCS project! Obviously we have an artist now, and he's been nice enough to start sketching me out! I'm a Landship class Battleship, my original dates of service covered the Great War, where I helped to enlist and train some 25,000 American sailors! That's enough to crew twenty eight Nevada class dreadnought battleships. After the Great War I was decommissioned, but with the onset of World War Two and the rise of the Morgana, I was reconstructed and posted to Battery Park in my hometown of New York! That's where I was exposed to the mists of a Morgana during an incursion into New York Harbor. Apparently I was ship enough to manifest myself as a Belle! I still can't you know, sail anywhere but... Oh! How does everyone feel about the Yankees? I'm a huge..."

TH: *cough* "Recruit. The update."

Recruit: "Oh! Captain! Err. Major. Yes sir! I'll get right on it! As said, there's an artist and the sketches of myself, Captain Nel and the Major are coming together, to be followed by our chibi forms for the actual videos! We're also on the verge of casting my voice actress! The episode guide the Major and Captain Nel laid out above is still pretty spot on but we're all getting back to going over it again, and starting the next few episodes of research, and scripting the first few episodes. It's really, really hard! I mean there's lots of stuff to talk about, Ms. Mahan's namesake's book, basic definitions like what a destroyer is and what it does. It's amazing how many people don't know about basic things like screens and pickets, and with our new captains coming from all sorts of positions like the Merchant Marines, enlisted Marines and sailors it means that the new officer training program is so very important..."

TH: "Recruit. Focus please."

Recruit: "I'm sorry Major I'm just really excited because I get to go through the class room portions of the Officer's School this time. I've only ever gotten to participate in drills and exercises before, even before I manifested myself! So this reassignment to the American League of Nations Naval Facility and the Fleet Training Command is really great! Any way everyone, I think I made it through everything the Major wanted me to cover, so that's it for today, but we're in construction and they've broken out the welding torches, so expect this program to set sail sometime this fall!"

USS Recruit and Major TwoHeavens, League of Nations Morgana Task Force, Fleet Training Command.

P.S. Our artist is the fantastic Loliphilosophy, he does lots of shipgirl related art!

As Recruit mentioned, we are currently looking for a voice actress if anyone in the community would like to give it a go.

Requirements:

1. Good Quality Mic ($15 headphone mic is out. Minimum suggestion is a Blue Snowball)

2. Feminine Voice. (you can be male, but voice must pass for female)

3. Prefer a New Yorker accent but that is optional depending on voice quality.

If you'd like to help out, feel free to record part of the dialog posted by TwoHeavens above and PM me with a link to listen to them.

Cheers

I just have 2 questions:

1) Does Loliphilosophy take commissions? I might finally bite the bullet and ask for one of an artist and she does good work.

2) Isn't Recruit's tally on the number of sailors wrong? I thought it was 25k, not 65k?

LP is a male, and yes I believe he does. Contact him through Pixiv or Tumblr for fastest results I think.

Yep, typo. Apologies, I was typing on my phone like an idiot.

Please specifically use the following text for the voice test. Like I said we probably have a good actress who's willing to work with us, but the more applicants the merrier!

Test paragraph:
"Hey there! I'm USS Recruit, a Landship class Wooden Dreadnought born right here in Manhattan! Commissioned in 1917, my original term of service covered the first world war, where I helped recruit and train new sailors of the United States Navy, according to recruiting command I helped recruit 25,000 sailors, enough to crew 28 Nevada class dreadnought battleships! I was decommissioned in 1920, but with the rise of the Morgana in addition to the Second World War, Naval Recruiting Command decided they needed me back in service! I don't work for the USN any more now that the League of Nations has taken over anti-Morgana operations, but in the end I'm still looking for a few good men to help take back the oceans!"

Archived