Black Chicken Studios Forums

Playable nations/naval base kickstarter tiers

Erebus22

Sorry if this got answered in a dev comment somewhere but I came late to this project and am alittle confused about these two concepts.

The way it seemed to me was that at the beginning is that you would pick a nation to represent your home interests (IE USA, Russia, Germany, Italy, Great Britain) but that this would not limit your ability to acquire ships of alternate nationalities.

I'm assuming that the naval bases would work similarily.

But I"m alittle shaky on this. If your locked into what nation you start as to represent your home interests, what would the value of the high tier kickstarter/paypal sponsorship be?

I'm refering to the

$250 - Poland is now playable
$400 - Spain is now playable
$500 - Turkey is now playable

$600 - Netherlands is now playable

Now while I'm looking to throw some money in the paypal drive (the $75 looks to be more my far) I'm just alittle confused on this late tier countries.

Is it that one would be able to for lack of a better term switch nationality to back a different country and that the backers at this levels merely have them unlocked by default or is there some other system in place.

If it hasn't been decided yet that's fine too just curious is all.

I believe that in terms of the other nations, they're unlocked for you right away, whereas for everyone else you need to unlock them as the game progresses, via diplomatic channels. Don't quote me on this though

E22 & W99;

First, you are correct in that you can acquire any Belle of any nationality, no matter which country you start as.

However, the playable Nations are a bit different- they represent the 'flag' you fly under, and partly which interest you may serve in the War. Their starts are generally more difficult because they have a limited selection of things, and have to acquire them from Diplomatic Channels. Also, their geography may make things more difficult for you.

They are likely to be available in some form the same time as the timed exclusive Belles - 1 year after launch. We're not sure how they will get into the game yet, though.

question regarding timed Belles. Will backers be able to earn vestures towards the ones we didn't pick before publicly available?

Example: I pick Pola but also want Nurenburg

Ok, that sounds fantastic. That means I can choose to start as Germany and have Nurnberg as my starter and through diplomatic channels I can get Canarias. Thats a load taken off.

Though the question I have is will those Kickstarter Exclusive Belles still have the exclusive Badge/Border if we obtain them in game? And if we try to obtain them will they be more difficult to get than normal Belles or would they be the same for backers?

FrozenAod asks a pretty legit question. I want to repeat it because it wasn't answered, something I want to know also. It may mean nothing to others, yet to others it mean a lot having Kickstarter Belles having exclusive backgrounds & such to them. Something noteworthy that when they stream, or seeing some PVP manner, that others will make note of it. Would be neat seeing Kickstarter related Belles having a 'KS' on them as a medal, or something, somewhere in a card or similar.

Man, Im such a sucker for cosmetic items in games like this so thankfully I had enough money saved up to be able to access everything. Hopefully the Belles also get some special colored borders to represent their original exclusive nature. But due to that now I have to look towards getting The Influence of Sea Power Upon History for the alternate costume and the badge...

AK;

Sorry, I thought I did answer it- you do receive that for the Belles at your Tier and lower. :)

Ya, guess you did but I guess that's not the answer that's fitting question. Me & the other guy thinking more KanColle & card background type thing. Guess I'll just wait & find out then about the cosmetic appearance reward of the Kickstarter/PayPal Belle vs the regular drop, or similar. I don't mind if they have a special background for backers or not. A trivial & silly thing anyways, but was asking because it's a typical thing to do for 'card' stuff. I'm more curious about the HMCS & other Belles; Features of the game :P

Archived