Black Chicken Studios Forums

Suggested Belle - USS Texas

Hello everyone, I'm a new user here.

I'm thinking about getting into Victory Belles, but I currently don't have the money to pledge at the moment. One of the ships I'm hoping to see in Victory Belles is the USS Texas, which was recently added to World of Warships as a premium ship. I'm from Texas, I visited her 13 years ago, and it was a pretty nice experience. The USS Texas has an amazing history to it, being a ship with many firsts like:

1. First US ship to receive a permanently-assigned contingent of US Marines.

2. First battleship to receive anti-aircraft guns.

3. First US ship to control gunfire with directors and range-keepers.

4. First US ship to launch aircraft. (From a platform on turret #2)

5. One of the first US ship to receive the CXAM-1 production version of the CXAM radar.

6. First ship to become a permanent museum ship.

7. And first US ship to be declared a National Historic Landmark.

I would love to see the USS Texas in the game eventually! :)

It'll be in the game especially considering her age. She will be probably in the first wave of ships.

I will say that we have a thread dedicated to talking about Belles and designs and whatnot

Now, now. Don't scare away my buddy Nas' whom loves his USS Texas dearly for being in his state & all.

What can be said however is that she's one unique gorgeous ship in its own funky manner. Belle wise, she could be a DJ for her anti-propaganda ways. If there's a BGM archive, I'd expect Texas to handle music BGM listening on the American side of things. She could probably direct people to various American related radio stations, similar to how American Truck Simulator & Euro Truck Simulator 2 does with its radio feature.

That, and she even had an amusing tactic to deal with her inaccuracies. She flooded parts of her torpedo protection areas to become titled. Now, imagine the Texas Belle doing similar by having some counter-balance in her gear, or on her ship itself. Arpeggio style so I'm thinking KanColle here, but ya. (basically parroting/echoing what was said in that video, yet it works when spun in VB manner).

She also needs that Defense battery shell as a gift in her profile or her own Belle "room of gifts", or something :P

nighthawk71;

Creating a new thread is actually really good- helps keep everything organized for the Team. When the sub-forum is created later today or tomorrow, I'll move everything down there.

Thank you! :D

It'll be in the game especially considering her age. She will be probably in the first wave of ships.

I will say that we have a thread dedicated to talking about Belles and designs and whatnot

I probably should've posted it there, but Ligate of Mineta didn't mind that I made it a separate topic, considering the pending migration to a new subforum.

@AgamemnonAhb: Definitely! :D

Oh! That would definitely be nice. That being said, it's probably not too good to overload the forums with requests. I'm sure the devs know what they're doing when it comes to ship choices :D.

Procyon;

Well, while the final say will be up the Character Designers, there's no harm in indulging however much support, discussion and speculation you'd like to do here. It's fun, and you never know when it might be used.. ;)

Do you actually report to the devs if something catches your eye here?

I highly suggest you keep an eye on the histories thread Legate, as that will likely have a number of interesting previously unknown or lesser known ships in it that would make great belles.

• 2 weeks later...

Though I'm not Texan, I feel pretty attached her myself. In the Arpeggio RP over on the WoWS forum, I write my own version of her. Have been for quite a while now. Her... state of being is similar to a Belle in some ways but is far more fantastical in others. I'm even considering writing a short story or novel about her.

Anyway, that's why I'm particularly interested in what the Character designers do with her. I look forward to her introduction.

Actually, as I magically recall from some bit of trivia related to the first Brothers in Arms game, (more specifically the making of video) USS Texas did not fire only at the beachhead, but also hit the town of Carentan pretty hard too just after the invasion because of the immediate need to take the town.

Man the things that ship did on D-Day was slightly crazy. Though to be honest there were better battleships on the sea. Bigger ones and more advanced ones too. But man nothing beats a Texan hellbent on doing something they set their mind too.

So she would be Friendly, slightly arrogant (but we Texans use the term Overly Prideful), a bit demented, and have a southern drawl and say things like Reckon, ya'll and (shudder) Howdy. She just needs Boots and cowboy hat and tasseled skirt and shirt with a Yellow rose and I think we hit all the stereotypes.

Borrow away!

But the arrogant comes from how Texans are thought to think Texas is better than any state in the union. I have known people who, while studying or teaching abroad, tell students they are Texan instead of American. Its crazy the amount of interest people have for Texas. Same is true for New York but that's another thread. Here in Texas we just call it Southern pride.

The Demented is more for the Actual Dreadnought Texas. Her captain made her list to fire at Normandy. You got to be a touch demented, Or perhaps slightly Reckless and bullheaded.

Legate, The list would be as long as Texas is vast.

Borrow away!

But the arrogant comes from how Texans are thought to think Texas is better than any state in the union. I have known people who, while studying or teaching abroad, tell students they are Texan instead of American. Its crazy the amount of interest people have for Texas. Same is true for New York but that's another thread. Here in Texas we just call it Southern pride.

The Demented is more for the Actual Dreadnought Texas. Her captain made her list to fire at Normandy. You got to be a touch demented, Or perhaps slightly Reckless and bullheaded.

Legate, The list would be as long as Texas is vast.

And let's not forget threatening to leave the US over anything and everything

And let's not forget threatening to leave the US over anything and everything

And then the rest of us Texans look at our children and tell them, "Don't be like those guys. They're not Texans. They're idiots. Don't be that kind of idiot."

But I am looking forward to see what BCS does with the Belle.

Archived