Black Chicken Studios Forums

Kantai Collection General Thread

Fizzn

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep doing expeditions & doing Orel cruising, as well as the daily quests and you'll get to where I am. Don't sortie, but just your submarines. That's my tip, and something I shocked my American comrade with :P "DAMN! You have so much resources. Do you even sortie?!",.......Nope. Only my submarines heh. But the price I paid was not leveling Kitakami & the others needed for events, yet doing such when I feel it's proper to do so. I do 1-5 & 2-5 monthlies, and shall find myself doing such again. I need to do 2-5 for September.

As for Harusame.....I had to view my Admiral log on Tumblr that I gained her from February 12th, 2016 event at E-1 Medium.

E-1 Medium at boss node

1) Yuudachi claiming first clear with rest cleaning up. Harusame dropped.

When she appeared in her maid outfit. Cute.

27400162195_bf10a8f9db.jpgKanColle1012 by SubTrance, on Flickr

-----------------

Also, came here to note that we're soon going to have a new special destroyer kanmusu joining us. Can't wait to see who it is. Also missed my expedition vs maintenance by 30 minutes that I'll simply have to tend to them tomorrow morning-afternoon period.

Let's have a happy fishing period by going all ASW on those fish! Make use of your spotlights! :)

Hamakaze is among my favourite (near waifu status) that this makes me happy. I absolutely love that blue & white mix, the fox mask, and her personality. That joke :wub:

Also, the event is here with me now digging into what's changed. Loving the small changes.

- Naganami (one of my favourite DDs) happily wearing a yukata while observing some fireworks off in a distance. Or maybe some rare "still in bloom" sakura tree, or something. This art is quite amusing to me. I love it.

29721343475_aa06cb0ffa.jpgKanColle1344 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Mutsu's more "carefully drawn higher rendering" of her yukata art, and still as adorable. I'm loving her art. She looks insanely adorable, and just as cute when she teased Nagato many times over. I even spy a little Nagato on Mutsu's turret. I'm laughing. Nice!

29721344175_ae0dc1241e.jpgKanColle1345 by SubTrance, on Flickr

Uranami is the new Fubuki Kanmusu to join the ranks, yet we can't seem to get away with calling her a "potato" for how bland she is. I'll happily go fish her up, yet can't deny that she looks "bland". The Fubuki line truly suffering art wise, also because Uranami has to follow the art style line of her sisters.

I seem a bit lost if we're fishing or not, and from what the wiki is showing that we're not. From my POV it was mentioned we're going fishing, now it says we're not. :huh:

Ah yea. We knew it was gonna be Uranami for a week now. lol. The hints gave it away. i was hping she wouldn't be drawn by shibafu though. Just another potato. D:

Also that Harusame CG is sooo cute! Guess I'll just have to hope she appears in the next event then. World 6 isn't very farmable. lol.

Going to 2-4 for the quarterly. And possibly Uranami drop. Though I won't lose sleep over it if she doesn't. lol.

pIavQoY.png

Tactical nuke incoming!

Well, even though Uranami art is "bland", she is interesting. She is still cute in her own basic ways. Leveled her to at least something like 4 or 7. Something like that. I do have Fubuki & one of her sisters above level 40.

29688957906_fe33736cef.jpgKanColle1348 by SubTrance, on Flickr

I had Warspite & Aquila both rescue her while being watched by Prinz Eugen & Graf Zeppelin. Nachi & Hiryuu also. I'm somewhat surprised how Aquila managed to survive while having her default load-out heading to the boss node. Everybody else did all the hard work that I was pretty much at a handicap, yet Warspite rescued Uranami first try at 2-4. Nice :) My Warspite jumped from level 4 to level 14, something I find neat for some short burst rescue & light leveling.

29688964746_804e7ceba1.jpgKanColle1349 by SubTrance, on Flickr

2-5 for September also cleared, yet the Abyssals gained tougher hull with how much tougher they've become. I genuinely had some trouble S-ranking that it even forced the fleet into night battles at the boss node. It's like hitting a perfectly frozen iceberg that each hit scratches off a little ice cube.

29097621084_25108f7d2a.jpgKanColle1350 by SubTrance, on Flickr

Also loving the aura Warspite left behind when rescuing Uranami, even leveling the DD's & such. Like a nice fine scent of perfume that you can still smell lingering in the air. :wub:

Bah...I hate double posting.

Well, I spent a few days messing about by leisurely sending my submarine fleet into 5-3 to finally clear it out after much delay. Was both messing around & for science that I needed some random fun. Had I-26 and her submarine Kanmusu venture into 5-3 to KO the boss for A-Ranks over the past 3-4 days that I can have Nimu pride herself, as well as her in my fleet, of her contributions shortly after the event. She's an awesome Kanmusu, and one whom delivered the final KO to 5-3. Night battle with flagship at 4 hp with normal attack KO'ing them. Falling in love with Nimu, as well as Hachi all over again with her serious fan-art designs. I may have to come back to 5-3 seriously for a certain Kanmusu that drops there though.

29165703534_a1aabe3be4.jpgKanColle1352 by SubTrance, on Flickr

Now, whenever I can stop being a resource hoarder I'll venture into 5-4. If we're playing the blame game for how long it's taken me to beat 5-3 I'd love to blame my greedy ISP last summer denying me the chance of stockpiling the whole summer that it chewed out a great chunk. I managed to get Kawakaze, as well as Jun'you Kai Ni, just nothing more. Had to spend whole of autumn repairing the damages done with me finally taking care of such. Even stalled by a few events, yet rewarding whenever I could partake. I remember I had one day where I had a major bloodlust of just clearing World 4 to end up at 5 also in late autumn when I regained my internet.

It's all fine now so I'll be making progress again :)

I'm just trying to find the missing link in the quest chain to get a prototype catapult for my Zuikaku... Already got one for her sister, even got ships i needed this past event to make more progress on this, but after doing a few of the quests in the chain the next ones i needed just stopped coming... Hard to figure out what's missing :/

• 1 month later...

Wow.....them crickets.

Well, I managed to get Imuya, then Hachi to level 99 in that 'natural' manner. No forcing or nudging, only sorting when needed for dailies. It's awesome :)

30388317751_da0916a546.jpgKanColle1353 by SubTrance, on Flickr

30438516426_de6143e32b.jpgKanColle1355 by SubTrance, on Flickr

--------------

- Round 1 Fall Event Images:

- Akagi being nicely formal, if a bit 'potato' appearing because of artist style. Neat though.

30176645250_2c6e23d01d.jpgKanColle1356 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Roma appearing awesome with her portable turret cooker. Casual elegance.

30358054442_4df7819580.jpgKanColle1357 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Akigumo being the 'best' one for her "I've had enough of this BS!" reaction.

30438522006_5ae5996c6c.jpgKanColle1358 by SubTrance, on Flickr

30438523976_8a9a16837d.jpgKanColle1359 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Akebono with a nice simple elegance to her <3

29844436044_e72355e83d.jpgKanColle1360 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Mizuho is indeed nice, yet that facial design is questionable.

29844437464_4d1283f4ef.jpgKanColle1361 by SubTrance, on Flickr

-------

Wanting to post more, yet shall wait to see if anybody posts or not to share more.

Also, there's been mention of a US CV being added into KanColle's Fall event. I guess people know, yet I stumbled across it still going to assume it could be anything other than USA, yet seeing as how people are tuned into USN I'll tune in to that are also. I see nothing to solidify it by finding a source, yet for some silly stubborn reason nobody wants to post the source. Just beating around the bush.

I truly hope it's USS Saratoga, not Yorktown, Langley, or Enterprise. USS Saratoga is also more personal to me after having experienced people play US Naval war games with the name 'Saratoga' popping up. Even on weather maps & such for New York state, as a Cruiser in a game, or maybe as a CV also. If Victory Belles has her I'll keep an eye out for her also hoping she'll be glorious. I truly hope it's Saratoga for that unique & variety type touch. I always want voids filled, or to poke at things that haven't been poked at. As usual I'll lose out tough, yet I'll be more than excited if I can connect with USS Saratoga in KanColle (as long as she doesn't Iowa it up, following Warspite's path instead). :wub:

Sara Maru!~

Ah yes, in pre-event stockpiling mode myself.

I predict Hayasui's resupply will be important since we now have a monthly quest to earn the necessary consumable for it, so make sure you have some good planes with 6+ flight range! Chances are if the resupply is important LBAS will have trouble reaching the boss.

I'm not doing much grinding, with most of my leveling coming from the practice battles. I did get Kinu up to 75 anticipating a similar level requirement for 2nd remodel to Abukuma... outside of that the tweet to "increase your firepower as much as possible" doesn't give a huge amount of guidance but I've been playing long enough that I have a well rounded fleet with everything bigger than CLs at least level 60 if not higher. Mostly concentrating on bringing up the CLs and DDs that got left behind along with AUX ships like Hayasui and Akitsu Maru (though she's kinda gotten her thunder stolen by DDs and CLs being able to use landing craft now).

Since last event I did get the Shoukaku sisters to remodel into armored carriers, finally sussing out the necessary quests to earn the required catapults. I even had a successful LSC and got a Bismarck, who is now fully remodeled. With the mini-event going on I got 8 fish and I'm not really motivated to go beyond that (getting another WUG was nice though).

I should probably look up more history, but I am actually hoping for Enterprise so that we get a playable CV(N) (N = night). More of a functional wish than a appreciation of history. I'm guessing we will also see another new IJN destroyer or 2, and if we're lucky maybe some smaller ships from other countries? USN Cleveland or Atlanta class, or maybe some Russians for Verniy to hang out with.

Ah yes, in pre-event stockpiling mode myself.

I predict Hayasui's resupply will be important since we now have a monthly quest to earn the necessary consumable for it, so make sure you have some good planes with 6+ flight range! Chances are if the resupply is important LBAS will have trouble reaching the boss.

I'm not doing much grinding, with most of my leveling coming from the practice battles. I did get Kinu up to 75 anticipating a similar level requirement for 2nd remodel to Abukuma... outside of that the tweet to "increase your firepower as much as possible" doesn't give a huge amount of guidance but I've been playing long enough that I have a well rounded fleet with everything bigger than CLs at least level 60 if not higher. Mostly concentrating on bringing up the CLs and DDs that got left behind along with AUX ships like Hayasui and Akitsu Maru (though she's kinda gotten her thunder stolen by DDs and CLs being able to use landing craft now).

Since last event I did get the Shoukaku sisters to remodel into armored carriers, finally sussing out the necessary quests to earn the required catapults. I even had a successful LSC and got a Bismarck, who is now fully remodeled. With the mini-event going on I got 8 fish and I'm not really motivated to go beyond that (getting another WUG was nice though).

I should probably look up more history, but I am actually hoping for Enterprise so that we get a playable CV(N) (N = night). More of a functional wish than a appreciation of history. I'm guessing we will also see another new IJN destroyer or 2, and if we're lucky maybe some smaller ships from other countries? USN Cleveland or Atlanta class, or maybe some Russians for Verniy to hang out with.

Saratoga was also a CV(N) along with Enterprise, so Sara's still in the running. However, I also hope it's Enterprise. She's the most decorated vessel of WW2 for the US and I think it would be hilarious for all the run-ins with ships she's sunk.

Sara Maru!~

Yeah....I'm just stockpiling, not really having the time to do anything. I should be leveling, yet frustrated I'm constantly being distracted by both stupid shit & work itself. Seeing people getting Z3 when I instead want to get my resources as close to 300,000 as possible. Ammo is fine. Interesting hearing other people 'stalling' in similar manners.

But yeah, I prefer Saratoga again for the familiarity in that "light" manner. Yeah, even aware she was a CV(N) which should bring fun air combat into the mix. I'd prefer Saratoga over Enterprise because then you'd have the silly and frustrating Star Trek & etc Enterprise jokes, yet some might be genuine awesome with how it's related to exploration. Neutral would be best for now, feature wise also. Saratoga would have fun in the manner of Graf Zeppelin with a nightly attack.

You can obviously have fun with Enterprise, yet I feel too much friction in vibe. I'd prefer Hornet if we'd have to go with famous, or back to Saratoga. Or maybe Langley.....Enterprise? Way too common that it's irritating.

---------

- Fishing Event:

Finally here! I feel horrid for assuming it would be earlier, yet simply went by tweets & the rumours going about. Now that it's here I find Tama, Yuudachi, & Akitsu Maru the best in this. Tama winning out on all of them :wub:

- Tama nyaa!~ (The best art this season thanks to how proud she appears.)

29844438064_aa6b7eaf0e.jpgKanColle1362 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Akitsu Maru looking awesome in that nice 'smooth light' art. Even nice seeing her fishing via nets.

30475029455_8cf94c77c8.jpgKanColle1363 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Zara is casually awesome. I'd love to taste her food when hungry.

30388352981_67158d78fe.jpgKanColle1364 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Roma's Hallowen art returns, nearly a year since her German Graveyard rescue.

29844447324_b03522f6bf.jpgKanColle1365 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Poi! She took me by surprise in curiousity that I was rewarded for such a curiousity. Loving her detailed cute and adorable style :wub:

30388356661_cc58483ed5.jpgKanColle1366 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Shigure being formally casual. Should hear her line compared to her appearance.

30176676140_19d614aaf1.jpgKanColle1367 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Yamashiro & Fusou are neat.

29842553563_b97a990258.jpgKanColle1368 by SubTrance, on Flickr

29844460414_cdd89b64df.jpgKanColle1369 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Libeccio's art returns, also being exactly a year IIRC:

29844461174_71b613c469.jpgKanColle1370 by SubTrance, on Flickr

-Taigei/Ryuuhou's lovely art:

29842558293_cb6dcff0f9.jpgKanColle1371 by SubTrance, on Flickr

Well, loving this event, the art, and the joy that is KanColle. Also going to have to post another batch of images after this one for how fun this KanColle event is vs the image limit per posting (if reasonable). KanColle is just damn fun for how it's exploring variety, and I love it for that.

Sara Maru!~

Also, apologies if I come off as rude for Enterprise denial. Not intentional.

It's just that you tend to learn new things when you dig a bit deeper. Think of it like planting a tree/plant, yet you have to till the soil to allow that plant to grow, finding something new about it in the process. If you go straight to planting a tree that's already planted you miss out on the nitty gritty details. Something you've never learned before, and etc. I'm glad the name 'Saratoga' kept popping up everywhere in Victory at Sea, weather maps (checking Canadian weather), state maps (New York state & such), and others. Finding out about USS Saratoga (CV-3) allowed me to find out that Saratoga is a CV(N) with fighters able to attack at night. RockyArby also mentioned USS Enterprise as her sister which is neat. Thinking of a formal pairing of the two in a vague manner.

I guess Enterprise or Yorktown shall win out, yet it shall be awesome if Saratoga does for being the "minor" one in the grouping. I'd even see her behaving like Graf Zeppelin, if not more so. She even has the deck guns that Graf Zeppelin would have used (does in KanColle), as well as damage Abyssals at night. It's amusing.

I also challenged myself to find a USN vessels I could connect to months ago, forgetting about it. USS Saratoga is it, and I just realized just now that I found one. The rest irritate me for over-exposure, yet USS Saratoga. Nice! :)

------------

Sorry for the spam, yet I hope it was interesting to at least one person. If it's interesting to one person then I'm happy. As long as it made one person's day awesome then this was worthwhile.

- Isokaze is back with her (bad) cooking. She coughs.

29842559493_d08bc2e434.jpgKanColle1372 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Yuugumo being casually festive awesome.

30475070155_1db0218df5.jpgKanColle1373 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Amagi being quite an elegant beauty. Loving her style.

30438585796_85e5eae236.jpgKanColle1374 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Yuudachi's damage art is amusing & adorable. Nice tastefulness.

30179270330_a52fbee63f.jpgKanColle1375 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Can't forget Kongo's festiveness. She looks quite 'motherly' here.

29851007774_030d2a179f.jpgKanColle1377 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- "Iku! Iku no!~" - Makes me happy she reached level 99. Another one reaching the awesome number. Loving how I'm now having more & more hitting level 99.

30551287036_ce577ea373.jpgKanColle1379 by SubTrance, on Flickr

----------

Well, I guess I better brace myself for disappointment to find out that we're not getting USS Saratoga. It might be USS Enterprise & such because I'm always wrong on this. I guessed Tirpitz when we were to gain Italia, and I was off on fishing event a few posts back. I however do enjoy whatever happens. I love the thrill of the surprise.

No offence was taken AK and you've said nothing rude. Sara and E are both CV(N)'s but not sister ships. Sara's only sister is Lexington and E's were Yorktown and Hornet. I definitely understand how some people may feel over-exposed to E but to me it's the pride of the USN, it's like introducing Germany and never bringing in Bismark or the IJN with no Yamato. Also if you want forgotten carriers look up USS Ranger.

Awesome. Yeah, I guess I need to do more digging. It's just the way things were said I put Sara & Enterprise together as sisters. Would they even be considered sisterly, or just overly friendly in a sisterly manner? But yeah, people can hype up all for Enterprise. I guess it would be Enterprise with the way things tend to go.

Well, Tirpitz was also the pride of Germany, yet still waiting on her. Some longer than others, yet still waiting on Tirpitz. I get your point though about the nationalistic importance.

Alright, I'll look up USS Ranger when I can focus once again. I still feel pretty proud/hyped over USS Saratoga though, especially with her as CV(N).

---------

Also, side note that my Mackerel fishing is at 12/24 with second quest done.

- I find this selection cruel. You can only pick one, and I went with WG because of how brutal events can be. The third quest being the cruelest with how you can only choose one: 2015, 2016 banner, or some equipment. Why not all?

30501175211_49a45bd5c0.jpgKanColle1380 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- My third WG to assist in knocking out specific bosses in events.

30552745786_a3e9162f01.jpgKanColle1381 by SubTrance, on Flickr

I've been mainly fishing 1-1 & 1-5, yet shall venture further & elsewhere.

Sara and E were sisters in all but name. Both lost thier sisters during the war. Both became CV(N)'s. And they were the only carriers operating in the Pacific until the Essex-class Carriers joined the war. However both their stories end somberly. Sara was used as a test ship in operation Crossroads, alongside Nagato and Prinz Eugen. Enterprise was going to be a museum ship but plans changed at the last minute and she was scrapped instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Makes me happy that I guessed right for once that the CV I can be rewarded with is Saratoga. So glad. Surprised to see Commandante Teste proudly representing the French, something I'm actually happy to see on every front, especially my misunderstood "variety" part I keep being highly vocal about. So glad to see the French in the mix now, as with the British with Warspite. Variety wins.

Belated note that I beat the fishing event with Warspite having her fun fishing. She apparently loved it when making note of her line back then.

29990155734_da938f0db9.jpgKanColle1385 by SubTrance, on Flickr

30533983521_30f716eb6b.jpgKanColle1387 by SubTrance, on Flickr

-------------------

Yeah, I'm glad to finally be having fun with the event, but I feel stupid right now because of E-1 on normal not being easy as it normally would have been as previous events. I dug myself into a hole unable to dig out of it. If I did this as I did in the past I would have beaten it by now. Damn.....I keep getting 13 to 19 SP, yet can't really tweak things appropriately as needed. Having to gradually crawl my way through E-1 this time around with 2 of 7 bars cleared.....

I put myself in a hole, now I gotta dig myself out of it.........What's screwing me over is the increased health, less effective ASW registration, air assault, and the whole DD & CL of the Abyssals joining the mix. Fun..........Not RNG's fault this time, but my own....well, Partially RNG's fault for ASW misses & all that crap.

It'll be awhile before I can spring forward into E-2 & beyond now.....

Also, I'm glad Saratoga doesn't appear as a clown, as USN kanmusu in fanart tends to appear. She's nicely formal, as she should be. Commandante Teste is nicely proud, as the French are. Nice pride, FIFA style.

I was being stupid when it came to E-1, yet it is indeed easy...well, to a degree. It's typical for E-1 type maps, yet I also didn't bring landing crafts that I went through it slowly, yet gave me more chances to try and get rare DDs.....None.

E-2 went better, yet Mizuho lagged me behind for how lower level she is. Level 24/25 compared to level 80+. She held up nicely by the end of it. That, and E-3 was madness, even on easy. I knew to expect combined fleet once we had to use it, and now that it's there it brings a whole level of craziness and madness that it infuriated me with how I couldn't night battle the boss until I cleared out the escorts.

E-1, E-2, and now E-3 cleared. Commandant Teste is now in my fleet that I'm quite proud :wub: . A shame I was being stupid with E-1. I however made up for that with E-2 & E-3 gains.

------------------

- Pola being cute in her new festive wear.

31145107115_b1ba505107_b.jpgKanColle1396 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Hamakaze & Hatsukaze had fun on E-1:
31001290122_4340a20242_b.jpgKanColle1401 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- E-2 was fun, yet was being held back a lot by my lower-level Mizuho:

31145128345_e19dacd2a5_b.jpgKanColle1404 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Maya having a blast on her 4th clear of E-2:

30323634944_df619606d7_b.jpgKanColle1407 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Yuudachi then having her nice fun for E-2's final clear with the whole fleet being battered into orange & red:

30777248890_8ddda6a434_b.jpgKanColle1408 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- American plane reward 'SBD' for those that yelled louder than using a megaphone for US content can now be fairly happy with this.

30323648834_76b47e7e97_b.jpgKanColle1409 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- E-3 was a crazy map. Way too crazy. The non-boss nodes were fine, yet the boss itself with the combined fleet was madness. Had to keep fiddling with fleet to gain S-ranks:

30337740523_9b63ea2ac6_b.jpgKanColle1414 by SubTrance, on Flickr

- Commandant Teste in Abyssal form:

30777300050_6ba2b8c870_b.jpgKanColle1415 by SubTrance, on Flickr

-------------

Part 1 of 2

Archived