Black Chicken Studios Forums

Kantai Collection General Thread

Fizzn

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newest rumors says that it is not Aquila but perhaps a British BB. The person who said this says that it is not Prince of Wales or Repulse.

So...Hood? Warspite? or King George V? we shall see.

Note: the rumors could also be false. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unless I missed something in recent news, Iowa probably won't be acquirable for a long time.

For example, Prinz Eugen was a reward ship for the Fall 2014 E3 map, she wasn't an event drop until a year later (and that node had to have some bullshit specific enemy formation iirc).

Littorio was Spring 2015 E4's map reward. A few months later, she was a rare drop in World 4-5 for a limited time and hasn't been a drop since.

On the contrary, Roma was a later event map drop for 3 consecutive events. Same with Graf Zeppelin.

Since Iowa was a map reward like the first 2 ships I mentioned, she probably won't be an event drop until a few months or year later, most likey on some node with bullshit mechanics attached. <_<

Well, I simply have my American comrade as an information line so if I can't have Iowa then it's not a big loss. Causes more grief than anything (that RNG Hell), and just that void I keep going on about which people hate. But yeah. I would have treated her kindly, but it's no big loss for not having her.

Well, whatever happens in the event happens. I'd be amused if it was both Aquila AND a British BB, not one or the other. But if it's either one or the other that may be interesting also. I want to follow this BB thread down to its source because it's genuinely interesting, more so having played 'Atlantic Fleet' recently. Them big bulky ships.

I guess the event's timing ain't bad, yet wish it would have started on Tuesday instead for more scouting to have happened. I'd now have to burn another day away to have one day left before going back to the "real world hell" that I have to keep enduring. Not saying that lightly either. I want whatever Kanmusu is coming out, if it's Aquila, a British BB, or both. I'll hunt them down. (RNG willing)

There's also rumours about a Kanmusu setting up mines. A minelayer/sweeper of some sort so that's something interesting to make note of. I want to see where that game mechanic leads, if this info is indeed solid (again, from my American comrade reading tweets & such). Maybe not a minelayer, but "naval mines" itself. I may have misread because tweets ruin how you word things. This event might be highly rewarding & enjoyable, and I hope it is after the sadistic one from before.

Arcticu, sounds like you need to visit the Himeuta forums or the KanColle wikia for news, instead of relying on just one person. :P

So from this thread on Himeuta it's confirmed that the large foreign ship isn't the Aquila, but a British battleship! Not Prince of Wales nor Repulse, but the event is based around the battle where they were sunk by IJN airpower. The bad news is that she will be a drop. That's a turn-off for me, as my luck with event drops is super flaky.

Oh, and another useless Mutsuki-class destroyer will be added. Meh.

Arcticu, sounds like you need to visit the Himeuta forums or the KanColle wikia for news, instead of relying on just one person. :P

So from this thread on Himeuta it's confirmed that the large foreign ship isn't the Aquila, but a British battleship! Not Prince of Wales nor Repulse, but the event is based around the battle where they were sunk by IJN airpower. The bad news is that she will be a drop. That's a turn-off for me, as my luck with event drops is super flaky.

Oh, and another useless Mutsuki-class destroyer will be added. Meh.

Wait, she's going to be a drop?

@

Mignonette

Well, I would visit Himeuta but I have constant arguments there & just about every Steam forum possible because people are eager for fights, or sounding intelligent. Downvoted for mentioning how neat Murakumo's Kai Ni was, yet how Ooi & KItakami suffered with ther remodels, even if I should just stay lurking. I just grab my news from my trusty friend & the wiki from [here] & [Minazuki] because it's troublesome getting in fights all the time just because we disagree with one another, or false elitism. I stick to the Wiki because I'm genuinely exhausted of fighting, yet people still keep it up when I'm just genuinely happy about something (the irony because I'm also on this forum seeking more VB & KanColle news). :rolleyes: I need my gaming news.

Well, That's now stupid how "they" didn't add Aquila with the BB. They would have made a nice combo, and a nice reward to those that played. Would have also been a nice "sorry for making the last event "sadistic"", as well as a morale/motivation booster to fish them up to your side. I guess it doesn't help when we speculate that she was never apart of the plan, yet Aquila would have been a nice addition for her Graf Zeppelin styled uniqueness. An Adua-Class submarine would have been awesome, and whatever the 2-3 submarines we mentioned after. I'm genuinely fine with having a Queen-Elizabeth Class BB hoping for a formal, if assumed 'forma-clunky' style to her. She may indeed be a pride, yet with the British I know they struggled for style so it be some improvised style to them that they used patterned farm bags & such to make clothing. Let's see what liberties the kanmusu artist takes on this British BB. From the documentaries I've seen I damn well hope it's a 'formal-clunky' style for how war torn UK was in WW2, yet would accept whatever style we're given. I'm actually amused by the thought of a British DD.

I don't mind drops, yet RNG has to play nice by not being sadistic. I'll happily seek out my drops. I guess I can't complain because I've been having lucky drops with Graf Zeppelin, Shoukaku, Roma, Prinz Eugen, U-511, I-401, among others.

Also, I'm actually amused with another Mutsuki-Class Destroyer. She actually is gorgeous, and I've noticed events nudging you towards making a DD fleet so do take care of your DD Fleet. There was one with Kashima training (appropriate) which I struggled with because I didn't take proper care of my DD's using the same logic roaming about this & on Himeuta. I didn't take proper care of my DD's, even if I did have 3 or 5 of them above level 70. Then there's also the Sadistic E-3 Spring 2016 with how you could fish up U-511 & I-401, among others aimed at DD's. I failed to train my DD's up to their proper levels that I struggled with Kashima's DD requirement, as with others. I need to keep leveling my DDs, and as should other people.

I suppose this might be stating the obvious, but there aren't many IJN ships of consequence not already in the game at this point. Yet at the same time the devs have a lot more experience with character design and art.

The result seems to be well designed new characters that aren't that spectacular stat-wise, at least among the domestic ships. I don't think it's a stretch to assume we are just now getting allied ships because they are exhausting their other options.

I wish they would redesign some of the older ships. I'd love for Kitakami to have a new and better look.

And yes, the new ship is definitely Warspite.

Service record aside, Warspite is mentioned by name in one of Libecceo's hourly lines. Since I noticed that I suspected we might see warspite in game some day.

"Admiraaal! 17...00! Strongest Battleships... Strongest Battleships... Ah, I know! Warspite! That ship was powerful. I kinda remember it."

Not to sound disrespectful or anything, but I'm beginning to get tired by always having Warspite take the spotlight every time the Royal Navy comes to the front.

Okay, she was the "Grand Old Lady", okay, she had a long and distinguished career, but do we have to always bump into her whenever we talk about the RN? In WoWs she was the first Royal Navy ship to be introduced, and I'm beginning to think she might end up as well in War Thunder if/when ships are introduced.

Aren't there any other candidates, as in worthy and illustrious ships that fought long and hard, to be showcased?

Honestly, I'd say that with all this publicity she might be doing a disfavour to her other fellow ships, hogging all the attention to herself, so there's little left when other ships are mentioned.

Also, try to be original... do we always have to start with her? Can't you at least introduce her second or third, and let someone else take first place for a change?

More 'Big 7's' be interesting. I guess we'll get there, in time.

Wanting to make note that I saw some British pride on the KanColle wiki event page, yet not much. British being mostly hush-hush, more so thanks to Brexit in a soul-searching manner, yet it's always the USA being the loudest out of the pride. I'm finally happy to connect with Canadians yet I'm told to shut the f*** up. It's hilarious. :rolleyes: . American KanColle admirals always firing back at the British with jabs that it's amusing to read. You can eat popcorn all day with how Americans & British hate one another, as well as the 'Top Gear' level of mockery & insults fired back towards the Americans. (I guess I'm British aligned/exposed now that I think about this. My school teachers always mocked the American education system & such in Canadian schools, so that's where it might also be coming from).

Oh, this shall be fun once we get to see the British finally being able to be proud of a British Kanmusu in 'Queen Elizabeth Battleship' form. I'm genuinely curious to see how proud the British are because I've rarely seen such. I've seen them more in action, I've seen them trying to adapt to war time situation, trying to be resourceful, among other things. Basically being as 'neutral-serious' as their cloudy weather that. I'm sure the British have been arrogantly proud, yet that's few & far, or I've tuned out because its "not in your face" type thing. If I see a Reddit post from a British/Whales/UK native then I'd love to see how happy they get compared to American pride. A "for science" type comparison.

Lastly, I'm having another laughing moment because people claiming they were right by claiming they called a British kanmusu coming into the mix. That's just coincidence because a clock can be right twice a day also. You just happened to say something that just happened to match a coincidence related moment. I'm even surprised we're getting a British kanmusu when Dutch are the favoured ones (dutch village, and such) :P

This has just made me so hyped because it went above and beyond to what it could have done. We could have just had Warspite, yet it added in almost everything we speculated about. This is absolutely awesome! This feeling! I was suffering sleeping last night thanks to my food greediness so I dreamt about the KanColle drop-and-reward list that my lovely Canadian kanmusu appeared on it, even if I was aware that wasn't happening in my dream. We gained the lovely Warspite, Aquila, I-26, & Minazuki. Nice!

But yeah, it's awesome seeing Minazuki there in her blue-hair glory. Even if she's a DD, you need to treat them with care.

Warspite surprised me with how how she reminds me of Elizabeth from the 'Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere' anime. That similar in pride, yet this one here having her own ship equipment as a throne chair with two lovely guns on them. Ah, it's a bit silly, yet it's amusing how she gracefully sits on it. Common now, you can stand up on occassions. Be as proud as your anime counterpart :wub:

Aquila was a surprise because she could have just been forgotten. So nice seeing her still in the game as a nice reward. I'm so going to grab her also just because we all kept speculating, and to compliment my Italian navy. Really wanting to add her into my fleet for her "forgotten" side value also.

I-26 is a nice touch, even if we didn't get an Adua-Class submarine kanmusu. I wasn't expecting another submarine because they had fears over adding more submarines, or something. VARIETY is awesome heh. I'll now have another submarine to add towards my fleet, and I'm happy about that! Another lovely submarine girl using her deck gun as a pistol. It's hilarious, and I'm loving this. My American comrade made me happy by telling me she also patrolled around the British Columbia area of Canada which made me amused, somethign my dream teased me with Canadian KanColle kanmusu.

Oh, I want them all! Warspite & I-26 being the highest in desire, yet Aquila is also there. Minazuki at fourth, yet when I do get her I'll treat her with respect. Now I simply need time to dedicate to this event so I can have fun with these kanmusu. I even gave myself another +10 ship slot expansion, yet may need more. Can't wait to go on my hunt. HYPED!

Oh? Warspite has some interesting speech patterns. Her English is mostly spot on, yet the soft tone bugs me somewhat, and I think I'll have to blame all the stupid Texan related dubbing I heard in anime causing me to hate such. Did find the 'Adi-my-rale' an interesting speech pattern. Makes me wonder if trying to mimic/inspire from Graf Zeppelin's 'Adimurale' type saying. Even so, I do love how "delicate" she sounds, in that royal formal elegant manner. Worth the hype.

Also, finally managed to get time to start clearing out E-1 so let's see if I can even get to E-4. E-1 is straight forward. I may sneak in an edit of progress if nobody posts because wanting to get I-26 & Akitsushima. 2 CL's & 4 DD's ftw with Isuzu & Yuudachi being my ASW aces. The music for E-1 is amusing that I'm loving the casualness to the E-1 map, and more so with the comical summer music for the battle. Even has that PSO2 vibe to it. I had a nice laugh.

I usually wait a day before starting for the intel too. Only 4 maps, but I might not finish them all because I'm going on vacation for a week very soon.

That's nice of the devs to give us both Warspite and Aquila. I honestly don't care much for the other 2 ships sadly.

Archived