Black Chicken Studios Forums

Recommendations to Prep for VB

Nel Celestine

Does anyone have any games (preferably F2P as I'm a bit broke atm) that could be recommended to prepare for the combat and management style of Victory Belles? If possible I'd like ones that are easy to understand.

Have you seen Atago, Fusou class, Musashi, Iowa, Shimakaze, Zuihou and more?

Okay, most of those I can definitely see your point. But how the heck can you call Zuiho fanservicey? Aside from adorable legs, she's exposing basically nothing, she's far and away more moe than fanservice.

117_3.png

Have you seen Atago, Fusou class, Musashi, Iowa, Shimakaze, Zuihou and more?

At least they have proper uniforms. A lot of the girls in Panzer Waltz have very breezy uniform and on most of the art you can even see their nipple bulge.

Okay but how the heck can you call Zuiho fanservicey? Aside from adorable legs, she's exposing basically nothing, she's far and away more moe than fanservice.

117_3.png

Not going to mention why. Obvious reasons.

I can't really suggest anything 'free' because they're a - "what you pay for" - experience. KanColle is of course one, as with KanColle Kai for Vita.

- Silent Hunter 3 (PC):

I strong recommend Silent Hunter 3 for a rare & much needed German submarine point of view in WW2. The 'Das Boot' of the gaming world, if a movie was turned into a game. You're tasked with commanding a German submarine to go out and hunt Allied shipping, survive, and even upgrade & customize your beautiful U-boat. You can roam around anywhere, fight in any weather, as well as having to be highly sneaky of where to attack your foes. You can also slip into enemy air-nets, even assault enemy ports. It's a rare fun experience which current 2016 gaming developers are insanely fearful of doing in a singleplayer, even with co-op attached to it. World of Warships doesn't count because it's not singleplayer.

-----------

- Victory at Sea (PC):

More of a free-roamy arcade styled naval WW2 game with progression. You can play as the UK, Germany, Italians, or even the obnoxious Americans (it really is, with how loud & proud they are that it ruins everything in this game & any others). You can chose any nation, play as any vessel, even commanding them in your typical real-time RTS type battles. You sail around the main world map (Atlantic, Pacific, & Mediterranean) sinking enemy fleets, supporting your own, and even gaining war bonds in the process. You can fight as a destroyer, light cruiser, heavy, & many others. You can assist troubled enemy fleets, or even get lucky with them reinforcing your fleet. They can also gain reinforcements so you'll be fighting multiple enemies. Objective here to build up your mini-navy, take over ports, sink enemy fleets, even choosing to partake in objects/missions.

Campaign mode is where it's at with all the neat features within.

-------

Ya, can't really recommend any free ones. Maybe 'Warship girls'? You really do get what you pay for that KanColle, KanColle Kai, Silent Hunter 3, & even Victory at Sea would be the games. World of Warships is a maybe, yet not something I really want to support because it isn't Silent Hunter 3 style. Needs free-roam! Now if Victory Belles can grow it can probably push someone into making a Silent Hunter 3 version of KanColle & Victory Belles type game :P. Oh, how sweet Arpeggio of Blue Steel would play out in a free-roaming world.

-------------

Edit:

I can't really suggest anything because the naval side is ironicly dry that I'm constantly having to call out how stupid that is, and how FEARFUL the developers are. I'm itching for a good modern Silent Hunter 3 type game, similar to how Nel is also seeking a good game. I can only get that in SH3, KanColle, and the games I mentioned. I wish the gaming industry was intelligent because they can easily fill in the void, yet also lazy/underfunded to do so.

Archived