Black Chicken Studios Forums

The Wargaming / Warthunder Thread

Procyon

I don't know if there is a thread like this on the forums (if there is one, please delete this thread), but here's the Wargaming and Warthunder thread for those who play their games. For Wargaming, I mainly mean World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, and World of Warships.

For me, I'm Battlecruiser_Yavuz and I've been quite addicted to World of Warships (I was an Alpha tester for the game, though I quit for awhile). My current favorite ship is the Molotov - the half-sister Tier VI version of the Kirov. That being said, I always call her the Mazel Tov and tend to play the soundtrack of Fiddler on the Roof when using her :P.

I don't know if there is a thread like this on the forums (if there is one, please delete this thread), but here's the Wargaming and Warthunder thread for those who play their games. For Wargaming, I mainly mean World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, and World of Warships.

For me, I'm Battlecruiser_Yavuz and I've been quite addicted to World of Warships (I was an Alpha tester for the game, though I quit for awhile). My current favorite ship is the Molotov - the half-sister Tier VI version of the Kirov. That being said, I always call her the Mazel Tov and tend to play the soundtrack of Fiddler on the Roof when using her :P.

Battleship_Rodney here, and I've been getting back into WoWS and WoT lately. Right now my favorite ship is Warspite even though I haven't taken her out much. She's my highest tier, with three non-premium tier 5s as the next highest

Battleship_Rodney here, and I've been getting back into WoWS and WoT lately. Right now my favorite ship is Warspite even though I haven't taken her out much. She's my highest tier, with three non-premium tier 5s as the next highest

You're Rodney?! I think I'm in the same clan. I don't know...I've been disconnected from the group for awhile...

Wonderful that you love the Grand Old Lady. I set her on fire a lot :D.

You're Rodney?! I think I'm in the same clan. I don't know...I've been disconnected from the group for awhile...

Wonderful that you love the Grand Old Lady. I set her on fire a lot :D.

EDWARD I think it's become. The clan for Kancolle for non-Japanese ships.

EDWARD I think it's become. The clan for Kancolle for non-Japanese ships.

I should probably switch clans then and help the main group :). It seems like you guys are still active since Victory Belles advertised on your forum ;).

I'm not sure if EDWARD is still an active clan, but Kntai does not have/no longer has a "japanese navy only" policy. As one can attest with my membership.

Battleship_Richelieu in WoWS, usually playing TVI-TVIII as either USN or IJN BBs.

Well...I'm named after a Turkish warship :P

World of warships starts Ranked season 4 today, you know! I'm a member of the Fog community instead of KNTAI (and have a bit of a grudge against them due to past incidents), but if any of you wanna join up over here we are always recruiting!

Shameless recruit poaching aside, Ranked started an hour ago and the arpegiio missions start back up in 3 days. So curse wargaming for making me choose again, but yeah! Looking forward to running with all of you!

edit: people seem to be posting their main ships, so I play...well, everything. High and low tiers, every class of ship (though I've only got one t6 cruiser and up to 3 for the rest of the cruisers)

I'm not sure if EDWARD is still an active clan, but Kntai does not have/no longer has a "japanese navy only" policy. As one can attest with my membership.

Battleship_Richelieu in WoWS, usually playing TVI-TVIII as either USN or IJN BBs.

Well...I'm named after a Turkish warship :P

I honestly don't know. I've not been on the forums much so I couldn't tell you

Hopefully sometime in the near future we all can platoon up and strike terror into the hearts of skrubs (aka run aground, get one shot by battleships, accidentally torping friends)

World of warships starts Ranked season 4 today, you know! I'm a member of the Fog community instead of KNTAI (and have a bit of a grudge against them due to past incidents), but if any of you wanna join up over here we are always recruiting!

Shameless recruit poaching aside, Ranked started an hour ago and the arpegiio missions start back up in 3 days. So curse wargaming for making me choose again, but yeah! Looking forward to running with all of you!

edit: people seem to be posting their main ships, so I play...well, everything. High and low tiers, every class of ship (though I've only got one t6 cruiser and up to 3 for the rest of the cruisers)

I used to be a part of FOG, but hopefully issues are ironed out since the problem person, I think, left the game.

PizzaRocket in Warships and Tanks. Mostly warships, I'm not as good at tanks XD

Favorites for both games are the Matilda IV and Fusou for their respective capabilities and match-making. In tanks i like having armor since it helps make up for my having no idea what I'm doing, though i do like the M4 and it's derivatives, only have the jumbo so far though in tier 6.

Much further along in warships: have a few tier 8s (North Carolina, Mogami, Fubuki, Amagi, New Orleans) and up to tier 7 in most other navies/classes. I do have some tier 4, 5, and 6s that i've held onto since i enjoy playing them though. Kuma is a lot of fun to go seal clubbing with.

With ranked starting up again and being capped at tier 7 i've been playing a lot of cruisers and destroyers lately, mostly Arp Myoko and Hatsuharu. I like the Mahan, but i'm not sure i'll ever get used to that shell velocity. Kiev is pretty nice thou and wicked fast with a speed flag.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for necro but I don't want to create a new thread for WoWs.

I just wanted to say that it might be interesting if someone could make Victory Belle WoWs mods just like the Kantai Collection ones. No need for ship skins but mods changing icons on the port, tech tree and mission/challenges would be nice. And if possible maybe even voice lines(later, after VB is released and we have access to the complete voicelines).

Also, my IGN for WoWs is XKrieg.

That's something I would do. I could have fun swapping out my Captains and their voices for Belles. Don't even need skins, long as I can have a Belle on the bridge with me.

Edit: Although, having ship skins that aren't random anime girl plastered all over the ship but are instead historical camouflage with the LoN Belle Task Force stripes on the turrets would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Urza3142 in WOWS. not part of a clan yet and rocking tier 5 non-premiums across the board for IJN and KM, with tier 4 US BBs and DDs as well. Most advanced ship I have at this moment is the Ryujo, but planning on grabbing the Aoba once I can purchase another ship slot to keep my Furutaka.

As a relatively new WOWS player, I'm looking to get my first premium ship. I've been considering Tirpitz or Scharnhorst, but Atago has also caught my eye. Which of these ships would you guys recommend for someone who is completely new to higher tier gameplay?

Price is another consideration, so if there's a chance for any of these ships to go on sale I would rather take that than spend 50$ if I don't have to. If Warspite and Atlanta are as good as I've heard, I might also consider getting them instead.

German BBs are live! And Finally Royal Navy cruisers are announced: http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/rule-britannia/

I'm Urza3142 in WOWS. not part of a clan yet and rocking tier 5 non-premiums across the board for IJN and KM, with tier 4 US BBs and DDs as well. Most advanced ship I have at this moment is the Ryujo, but planning on grabbing the Aoba once I can purchase another ship slot to keep my Furutaka.

As a relatively new WOWS player, I'm looking to get my first premium ship. I've been considering Tirpitz or Scharnhorst, but Atago has also caught my eye. Which of these ships would you guys recommend for someone who is completely new to higher tier gameplay?

Price is another consideration, so if there's a chance for any of these ships to go on sale I would rather take that than spend 50$ if I don't have to. If Warspite and Atlanta are as good as I've heard, I might also consider getting them instead.

I actually only have a few premiums myself, most of which I got through events. The only two I bought were the Sims and Yuubari when they were on sale a little while ago. I'd caution against buying anything in a tier you have no experience in. The play changes a lot at tier 7+ and you might not be sure what you're getting yourself into. The ships themselves I've heard good things about for the most part (though the Shineyhorse is not a new player friendly ship), but again you might not be ready to make the most of them.

Archived