Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 19(with UI Concepts)

von_Lipstig

Really interesting.

It was a relief to see that some ships that IRL did not do too well in night battles are going to work out sufficiently well here... :P

Didn't Pola mistake the Queen Elizabeth class battleships for friendly ships and fire a flare to guide them? If so, clever little reference by the dev team.

Didn't Pola mistake the Queen Elizabeth class battleships for friendly ships and fire a flare to guide them? If so, clever little reference by the dev team.

The crew saw ships approaching, and did fire a flare, but not star shells (they couldn't have done anyhow, since the ship had lost all power, and besides the Italians were far, far behind in the area of bengalas and star shells).

I don't know if it's a reference, though; may be, but may be only a coincidence.

Like von_Lipstig says, Kickstarter resizes the images to a much smaller size, which makes it harder to see the finer details. (like the critical hit marker you mention in the update)

Like von_Lipstig says, Kickstarter resizes the images to a much smaller size, which makes it harder to see the finer details. (like the critical hit marker you mention in the update)

Even worse, KS uses HTTPS, so can't interrogate normal size out of 'em >_<

One thing that I have to make note of is how with each new Belle new lessons learned is being added onto other Belles. I'm loving this subtle new additions to each new Belle that I'm even seeing new ways of equipment being attached, and such. It really makes for nice friendly rivalry with the likes of KanColle to think up of new clever ways to attach equipment, or even ways to use them. Admiral Graf Spee was one with the sea-planes. KanColle wise it be Jun'you with those 'spells' (onmyouji style), Graf Zeppelin with a deck of cards (not shown), and Akagi & Kaga with the arrows.

Happily shall welcome more Russians because they're still also missing from KanColle world, and that they have unique characteristics & traits to them. Lovely bunch they are. Someone has to keep exploring uncharted waters, and glad we're exploring more :)

I guess I can deal with that kind of UI, was expecting something more grand with how everything was being kept under wraps. False expectations. Either way, this should be fine if it doesn't punish me & players so it's all good. Feels smooth from a visual perspective. Now we have to wait for beta & full game to know how it all feels with all the pieces all together.

Archived