Black Chicken Studios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Procyon

USN Ice Cream Barge

I just recently discovered this and it might be interesting to add it in Victory Belles, though it'll probably come later since it was built in 1945. Apparently the United States Navy built a special Ice Cream Barge to help supply the US troops with fresh supplies of ice cream. It had freezers on-board to ensure that the creamy goodness could be secured for all who wanted it.

What do you guys think? Do you think this barge might be an interesting addition to the game? Personally, I think it would be a cool limited drop or event vessel since it's quite specialized...and a bit fun since it does have ice cream :).

93018ed7-faa2-4bbc-b6d5-0bd42e303ed8.jpg

Snack Fleet!!! '45. :)

Could be a fun way to spice up the phone game. I mean...there's the general story and there are special seasonal or special events to keep people coming back :D.

That's cold, Fif. Just downright cold.

I wonder what kinds of ice cream flavors they had in the 1940s :)...probably strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate...

Baskin Robbins with their 32 famous flavors was founded in 1945. A common 40s-50s American sundae was the Kitchen sink, which held one scoop of each flavor in a bowl the size of the kitchen sink (hence the name).

I'd say they had a bit more than that available!

That's cool and all, but first: '39!

Then how about a member of the Combined fleet: Mamiya? She's got guns so she's a warship...and enough food to supply 18,000 for three weeks (longer, if local meat was available since she had her own butchering facilities for meat processing).

All that and available, since she was completed in 1924. B)