Black Chicken Studios Forums

Update 21 - Featuring Hiryuu

Nel Celestine

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't give them ideas video! SSssshh! You're suppose to be on our side.

Did I ever say what side I was on? Because you have to remember Nel, the enemies hide among us.

she says that a dance is another form of battle, but I don't think that's quite right. I believe that a battle is a sort of dance, but I don't think it works the other way around.

I guess it would depend on how one defines a battle. One could define it as a duel against fate in which case a good many things could be similar to battle. Dancing is a bit of a stretch though.

I'm surprised there isn't a comment yet about Mahan's softening perspective. For those wondering if the creative staff are tuned in to what happens here, I would think this would be a pretty strong signal... ^_^

I'm surprised there isn't a comment yet about Mahan's softening perspective. For those wondering if the creative staff are tuned in to what happens here, I would think this would be a pretty strong signal... ^_^

I found it amusing and thought she stole the show for me :P

-Adjusts hat- You're free to go, but know this. You can't keep your secrets forever. The allied fleet will uncover the truth. Should documents be discovered within international waters that would assist in fighting Morganas and are not turned over to us... Well, let's just say that IFFs are finicky things.

Our enemies are the Morgana, not each other.

Have a nice day!

*coughrebelscumcough*

Did I ever say what side I was on? Because you have to remember Nel, the enemies hide among us.

Join the loyalists! We have cookies AND ice cream!

Quick question for, I guess whoever can answer it. When Hiryuu said "O-mishiri oki o" would she happen to be using keigo? I don't know much keigo myself so I can't be certain, but it seems that if she wanted to be polite but not too formal she could've just as easily said yoroshiku onegaishimasu. It seems that instead she chose to be very formal, which I guess suits her.

she says that a dance is another form of battle, but I don't think that's quite right. I believe that a battle is a sort of dance, but I don't think it works the other way around.

I believe Capoeira covers both dance and battle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capoeira

​Certainly any Idol would consider Entertainment is War to be truth, so why not?

I found it amusing and thought she stole the show for me :P

Actually I preferred Mahan as she was. The straightman to whatever hilarity we voted in.

I agree with you, RockArby. I think it's hard to top Axum though, who lampshaded the interview format (This is the part where the Belle leaves and you give the Capitano her real-world service record, right?).

Problem is that Mahan is not only an assistant in the interview process, she's a Belle herself (and by default, the Belle with the personality we know most due to that). If she's too much the straight man, she becomes a stick in the mud.

That doesn't change the fact that many of us have a...preconceived notion of how a particular Belle should/might act and, like Mahan, the Belle that steps through the hatch isn't always the one we were expecting.

Hey, works for me! And as a world of warships player i find the idea of a carrier dancing with a destroyer to be particularly amusing (usually doesn't end well for the carrier, but here Hiryuu had Mahan on the ropes!).

Thanks again to everyone for their support on bringing us Hiryuu this week, and thanks to BCS for delivering another excellent interview, even if it wasn't at the time we've come to expect.

Why ballroom dancing? I expected that would be Mississippi's thing maybe, but not a very formal Japanese ship in samurai garb.

I won't take "Why not?" as an answer, as I'm pretty curious about the reasoning. :P

Why ballroom dancing? I expected that would be Mississippi's thing maybe, but not a very formal Japanese ship in samurai garb.

I won't take "Why not?" as an answer, as I'm pretty curious about the reasoning. :P

Because she's a classy lady

Part of it may be in fact that during the interwar period, many Japanese Officers went overseas(many to the US) as exchange officers, students and attaches. So its referencing the Officer etiquette that they experienced while being overseas, and the the traditional garb also represents the fact that many of the Captains and Naval officers had bloodlines to Samurai classes. But thats just my two cents!

Part of it may be in fact that during the interwar period, many Japanese Officers went overseas(many to the US) as exchange officers, students and attaches. So its referencing the Officer etiquette that they experienced while being overseas, and the the traditional garb also represents the fact that many of the Captains and Naval officers had bloodlines to Samurai classes. But thats just my two cents!

That's an excellent observation, FAoD. I believe you got that spot on. It also helps that she's the pride of the Kido Butai, and needs to be a symbol of Japanese power projection in the pacific.

Part of it may be in fact that during the interwar period, many Japanese Officers went overseas(many to the US) as exchange officers, students and attaches. So its referencing the Officer etiquette that they experienced while being overseas, and the the traditional garb also represents the fact that many of the Captains and Naval officers had bloodlines to Samurai classes. But thats just my two yen!

Fixed that for you. Lol

Well, I'm amused you picked Hiryuu over any RCN or USN. Gave me a nice laugh with July 1st & July 4th festivities going on.

I'm also facepalming hard I misread Hiryuu as Hiyou with me now wanting to correct my message in another thread that instead of a lovely stern that Hiryuu has a lovely well-endowed 'chubby' body in KanColle. Her samurai design making far more sense with me possibly misreading with workplace stress, or whatever. I'm amused that Hiryuu loves being all elegant while dancing & being poetic. Looks like I'll quite enjoy Hiryuu.

Today, we have the 4th of July weekend Captain’s Association special, or, if your prefer, Canada Day special! No doubt the good Captains have selected a very patriotic Belle, someone who...

*shuffle* *shuffle*

...she did what?!

*shuffle *shuffle*

*Ahem*

Nice :D

Archived