Black Chicken Studios Forums

Pokemon GO

ArcticuKitsu

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Even the Safari Zone has (very poorly explained, for what that's even worth to someone who, when first playing, spoke no English <_<) options in the form of throwing rock/bait, or in later gens Pokéblocks or whatever those things were called. And let me guess, Pokéballs are gained from something incredibly inconvenient and/or time consuming...or paying for them through micros, right?

...Even the Safari Zone has (very poorly explained, for what that's even worth to someone who, when first playing, spoke no English <_<) options in the form of throwing rock/bait, or in later gens Pokéblocks or whatever those things were called. And let me guess, Pokéballs are gained from something incredibly inconvenient and/or time consuming...or paying for them through micros, right?

You can visit points of interest (on map as blue icons, things like churches, post offices, monuments and plaques) and press on them, spin the circle thing around, and collect balls that way. Or you can get them via coins that you can get via micros and probably through battling.

This looks interesting, but I feel like it can be so much more.

I'm going to wait and see how goes in the next few months. Will it be like MiiTomo in that everyone was gushing about it and then I barely hear about it after 2-3 months because everyone moved on to the next mobile game that's all the rage? Or will it have staying power?

(That and my phone can't run it in its current state.)

It's off topic, but this itself is an off topic thread, so... Scheherazade is on sale over at steam (75% off)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/334850/?snr=1_620_4_1400_46

If I literally wasn't scrimping every single penny for a PS4 I would buy it at that price.

We can't have nice things because we're always attacking one another, or being as salty as Metis & Dano. You know, I"m going to keep calling them salty because I've noticed Metis bashing the game without knowing what it's about, even though I explained most of it. I simply forgot about how you get items, yet assumed that was implied. There's strong bias to the rehashed Pokemon games, yet there's my dislike of it that I want to say "it's time to move on, and GO is a nice fresh take on it". I'd rather play GO & Pixelmon than another stupid rehashed crap gameboy game. I mean, it's nice, yet THAT is a month game, not GO. GO has many Gens to work with that I want my Fennekin, once they get to it. You beat the [gameboy] game, you're finished with the game. Victory Belles luckily learned about this by making progress resettable, yet could have taken the KanColle route of 'never ending'. Each to their own.

Yes, I don't care if it's all cut back & casual because Nintendo simply knows how to make even that fun. That, and it's still a fresh release. It's no joke about it being fun, and it's casually fun that you can even see Nel having fun. I'm seeing Nel & Others having pure fun that I'd much rather genuinely defend the game for being worthwhile. I've been having fun, and my co-workers had a nice amusing fun with Pokemon GO with how silly (in a good & fun way) it is in conversation tone. It's better than experiencing god damn Gameboy rehashes forcing me onto Pixelmon in both manners. I enjoy walking around, seeing Pokemon pop up in my general radius, to then capture them while also going to the Pokestops to restock on Pokeballs & items. I even have two Pokestops at my workplace to restock on items. It's fun. It's genuinely fun. Don't turn this into a guilt trip because you guys (two of you) are salty, and I will say that more boldly now thanks to to the two posts following my last one. Also, it's been fun playing 'Rising World' & Pokemon GO inbetween my postings. Such lovely fun [KanColle is a 24/7 played game, so it's implied].

Happily caught myself a Venonat, some weedle & caterpie, as well as a Squirtle. Even happily got myself two eggs. It's not Pokemon on Gameboy, nor Pixelmon, yet it's a nice sweet casual game on its own that it brings out people's actual thoughts. It helps conversations move more smoothly because you're on common ground not tearing one another apart. I love it! I love how this game makes us human. Speaking of, I'll soon be doing another trip to get to a few Pokestops & some Pokemon along the way & back. There's two which I can simply walk to & from while allowing the other to cool down. 5 minutes cool down before getting the itme again so people don't abuse it, yet it's still able to when you have two, or many nearby. Amusement parks are the best for this because you can simply walk around to each & every one of them. Businesses are experiencing a boom thanks to Pokemon GO & their Pokestops with Pokelure. It's win-win, and people stay fit. You do look weird, yet you win in the end in having fun.

Also, I see long enough life that this isn't a few weeks or months game. It still needs gen 2 to gen 6? 7? What are we on now? The rehashes made me lose count. I can imagine those keeping the game afloat for much longer, unlike Miitomo which needed some interior home designs, and such. Pokemon GO has much further to travel, as well as 'Pokemon Amie' to insert. I guess if we request loud enough they can insert our request of wanting Pokemon battling wild Pokemon. I haven't seen any loud requests for such so Niantec won't be hearing that desire. Trading, as mentioned, is now coming in with player PVP coming in after that.

Again, I do share Metis's concerns about Niantec & Nintendo shooting themselves in the foot with ads and such, yet that's being far too salty. It's good to be cautious, yet at that part is like conspiracy theorist cautious. Sorry, but it's about time we move away from the stupid Pokemon rehashed gameboy games to force it onto Pokemon GO & a 3D Pixelmon type game. It's the same ventings I have about needing Silent Hunter 3 type games in the gaming market. Pokemon GO shall stay afloat up until someone smart & wise makes a proper Pixelmon type game in a Skyrim. Basically Pokemon in a Skyrim openworld meets Minecraft meets Lego World. If you want Pokemon GO to die then go make a Pixelmon type game for the PC, something Nintendo constantly refuses to do.

[Tonight I need to check out the Belle from last Friday. So time consumed I failed to check her out, yet loved how she appeared. Turkey, I believe. I'll find out later this evening, or whatever.]

You know, I"m going to keep calling them salty because I've noticed Metis bashing the game without knowing what it's about, even though I explained most of it.

I don't object to that - I am salty about it, after all - but you're going to keep calling Dano salty because I'm salty?

There's strong bias to the rehashed Pokemon games, yet there's my dislike of it that I want to say "it's time to move on, and GO is a nice fresh take on it". I'd rather play GO & Pixelmon than another stupid rehashed crap gameboy game. I mean, it's nice, yet THAT is a month game, not GO. GO has many Gens to work with that I want my Fennekin, once they get to it. You beat the [gameboy] game, you're finished with the game.

I'll admit that GO is, at least, not Mainline Pokémon Game number...what gen is Sun/Moon slated to be, 8? I lost track among all the remakes. And yes, I do have a stick against those remakes as well, just a lesser one. Old Man Weedle giving you a Teachy TV (because reading the manual or, gods forbid, having to figure things out yourself is so 90's, of course) instead of the keys to summon nightmare-inducing eldritch abominations that tear holes in the fabric of reality? Not a good trade <_<.

It's not Pokemon on Gameboy, nor Pixelmon, yet it's a nice sweet casual game on its own that it brings out people's actual thoughts.

I wouldn't think people's "actual thoughts" can or should be related to whether their mobile phone shows they've caught a Weedle or a Caterpie.

It helps conversations move more smoothly because you're on common ground not tearing one another apart. I love it! I love how this game makes us human.

That such an effect can be created is not a good thing. People being able to talk without tearing at each other's throats should be a given or made a given, not an obstacle for a mobile game to overcome.

Also, I see long enough life that this isn't a few weeks or months game. It still needs gen 1 to gen 6? 7? What are we on now? The rehashes made me lose count.

-_- I'll check...7. Sun/Moon is (slated to be) part of Gen 7.

Again, I do share Metis's concerns about Niantec & Nintendo shooting themselves in the foot with ads and such, yet that's being far too salty. It's good to be cautious, yet at that part is like conspiracy theorist cautious.

That's what happens when someone is burned one too many times.

Pokemon GO shall stay afloat up until someone smart & wise makes a proper Pixelmon type game in a Skyrim sense meets Minecraft meets Lego World.

Until Nintendo/Game Freak okays going into a direction other than "appeal to the masses", "nickle and dime the allowance of all the kids" and "remakes for everyone", such a game will never exist.

I'm personal pissed about how much space some newspages even some that except for Pokemon Go have not a single mobile phone gaming news give toward this game.

Its not exaggerated when I say for this week every 3.-4. news was about Pokemon GO and so actual made many newspage unusable for people with no interest in this game.

GO actually made the front page of the local newspaper here a few days back, and IIRC there's a mention in the "the news in 5 minutes" section on page three today as well...or maybe that was yesterday? Either way let's just say I now have a greater understanding of what my parents went through when Pokémon first got big.

For posterity's sake, GO has the distinction of the smartphone game with most active users in the United States thus far and has more active users than Candy Crush at its peak.

It is not without controversy, as Museums and Historical Sites see an increase in visits for less than intended reasons.

I hope the Support Website makes removing pokemon from "inappropriate" places a priority...I doubt GO works in China, but to illustrate the example I'd rather people visited a certain bend in the Yangtze for the historical significance (or even to raise that courageous little river rat), not to catch a water type (or God forbid a ghost-type).

ALright, this time Dano is 100% in the right to knock me out because I made that post in the morning in a foul mood. I was already upset so I was ready to read something that would have irritated me some more that it's just "fighting fire with fire". The new norm & expectations....... Not how it should be done, but how I"m now on 'alert' & 'on edge' about. Metis is right that Dano is right in tearing me apart. I regretted that section of my posting roughly 30 minutes after posting & leaving home once I processed what I wrote in haste. -_-

The part about "actual thoughts" being them being able to speak up. They now find a reason, common ground, in trying to connect. I just had a coworker happily trying to get me to speak up by talking about Abra in downtown Ottawa, or some electric Pokemon showing up in my city. I've seen all bird & bug pokemon. Maybe some ghost types also. Water also, because of the Ottawa river. Finding people being more cheery. I'm now being more vocal, same with them, that more is being said. Sadly, you're not allowed to talk in a workplace because capitalism views us as lazy for speaking to your coworkers. Granted, that we should be able to talk about anything in a casual manner, yet that's made impossible because of uncertainty of what our tastes are. If you like Pokemon, then it just makes things easier.

Gen 7? Alright. I'll take your word for it. I really lost track.

About being burned is why I came back here to say I technically lost in what you mentioned about advertisements. I view it as a 50/50 thing, yet I did technically lose and you're right from experience. I guess I'm just losing track of everything myself that we really do need you, just in a more neutral tone, such as myself. I speak from experience on Canadian Pride, and yourself on advertisement that I now see why everything is so horrid. Yeah, Wellington & Nel being right here also. Too much frustration that it's impossible not being neutral.

I came here to post this: [business Pokestops]

https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/13/pokemon-go-will-soon-get-ads-in-the-form-of-sponsored-locations/?ncid=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29&sr_share=facebook

From what I gather these locations shall be simply be 'over-glorified' Pokestops where you can visit them, get your items, and even deal with their products. It's still 'nasty', yet if it adds in more content, items, and things to reward the player with in Pokemon go then it should be a 'win-win'. That is,, if it goes by habit of you buying groceries, and such while giving actual in game rewards. It shall be good in the long run in both gameplay & daily life habits & chores if it actually adds worthwhile features. If these businesses are there as a useless location, or over-glorified Pokestops, then it can "F off". They would have to do what they did with Mario Kart 8 by allowing you to obtain Mercedes type prices, such as Pokemon trainer accessories, among other stuff. Basically similar stuff you could do in Pokemon Gold, Silver, & Crystal by enterting daily contests on your N64's Pokemon Stadium to gain furniture prices, and such. That's if they go deep to even have furniture stores to advertise for your Pokemon room, if we ever get one.

These aren't infestatious & highly pop-up ads telling you to go 'pro', yet implied to be Pokestops. It's right in an acceptable range that I find it neat because these shall simply be landmarks dotting the GPS map, sometimes empty, & sometimes populated enough. I'm luckily in an area where I can see just enough to have it be a full game. If you're elsewhere then you'll have nothing in the general area that hopefully having these 'might' help gameplay wise.

Until Nintendo/Game Freak okays going into a direction other than "appeal to the masses", "nickle and dime the allowance of all the kids" and "remakes for everyone", such a game will never exist.

Then we'll never have the highly desired free-roaming Pokemon game on the level of Pixelmon meets Skyrim/Lego Worlds/Minecraft type game. People want it, yet Nintendo being either lazy or greedy about this -_- [ubisoft: "Designing females is hard!"] . Thus, again, my frustration with lacking Canada, or games which would simply fill in proper voids, yet never do. Well, seeing as how I got burned by the advertisement news (yet, not really) I'll take your word for it this time around.

The part about "actual thoughts" being them being able to speak up. They now find a reason, common ground, in trying to connect.

Isn't that something people just...do? Particularly co-workers should be able to find common ground easily, if that's really necessary.

I came here to post this: [business Pokestops]

Well, that didn't take long -_-. Incidentally, this one won't be too offensive to the people playing GO. This kind of stuff will be introduced slowly over time, as GO is still experimental, rather than when the game reaches a critical mass of (non-)profitability. Nintendo can definitely be as greedy as the rest of them, but they're not so blind as to risk choking the goose that lays the diamond-encrusted platinum eggs.

Then we'll never have the highly desired free-roaming Pokemon game on the level of Pixelmon meets Skyrim/Lego Worlds/Minecraft type game. People want it, yet Nintendo being either lazy or greedy about this -_-.

I imagine that, to some extend as far as Nintendo is concerned, GO is the free-roaming Pokémon game they'd never acknowledge as possibly successful, but went with this time since it got the AR fad to ride to runaway success status. There's also the fact that them switching gears would likely cast a shadow over the mainline Pokémon games, because suddenly this not railroaded, broken since day 1 by design game is around to provide competition with, basically, itself. GO, however, is (seen as) different enough to not do that. Of course don't expect Nintendo to conclude that kids being able to navigate a GPS system means they won't get lost in a straight corridor, game-wise.

It would take someone winning the lottery and making their own pokemon game to get the kind of free roaming game people have wanted since forever. Nintendo is too formulaic with their IP.

Heck, Even I wouldn't do it if I had 300+million dollars to just waste. It would be a nightmare court case even then, even assuming you just gave it for free.

I'd rather dig up and restore an old WW2 bomber with that kind of cash. I bet there are still 1 or 2 B-17s stuck in a glacier in Greenland somewhere.

I don't recall it being a crime for a 16 and 19-year-old to be outside in a public area at night, so long as they're not causing trouble. As for the article, I notice two sticking points:

He told police that he heard something along the lines of “did you get anything,” at which point he stepped in front of the car and told the occupants not to move. The man said that the vehicle then accelerated at him, at which point he ran from the road, fired several shots at the vehicle and then called the police.

One of the teens responded to the voice with, “Yeah, did you,” at which point they heard gunshots and sped home.

The man claims he showed himself with his gun drawn, commanded the teens to stay still, and opened fire after he got out of the way of the car that started speeding towards him. The teens claim that he, without warning, opened fire on a stationary vehicle. Further, the man claims to have been woken up by a loud noise, which the teens didn't claim to have heard/caused, or even comment on in general, so one of the two is lying.

Based on just that I have to say that the man's story sounds like the correct(er) version of events, unless he's more daft than an open window and lying about it. But all the same I'm inclined to side with the teens on this. A civilian running outside with a gun drawn and opening fire on a moving vehicle is exactly the kind of gun-ho vigilante behaviour that gets people killed, and even if the two teens are robbers lying about what happened that's not enough to justify trying to dispense civilian-issued death penalties right then and there. And if the man tries to justify that by claiming the teens tried to run him over, revoke his gun licence immediately - he could, by his own story, clearly hear the suspects before jumping in front of the car, so there was no reason for him to do that. Command the teens to stand still from your front lawn, fire off a shot into said lawn to make sure they know you're armed if you have to, and don't jump between the most immediate escape route of the suspects and their clearly still running car if you don't want to put yourself in danger.

I agree with Metis, and this is one of the problems I have with my state's "stand your ground" law, it allows irresponsible people to escalate situations and then try to hide under this law. Keep in mind I do agree with the idea of the law, but people are creating situations where their life becomes endangered. People need to realize that coming out of the dark with your gun drawn and pointed with no uniform, and there hasn't been any violence yet,, that you have become the threat in that situation. Keep in mind this is in reference to people playing police and not to people defending life and property properly. As for the Teens, You live in FLORIDA people have guns here, it's scary, don't play around in the dark or you're gonna get shot. Rant over

July 17 was when it released in Canada? Yeah, I tried ot get it working on my phone officially yet Google play sees my phone as a piece of shit. I guess it's right when I can't play AR mode, nor have it view Grimer on the profile side of things. It crashes when I try to look at Grimer. Had to keep to the unofficial version still to even play it, and it's still fun regardless. I'm looking into upgrading my phone, also because of PSO2es & F/GO. Damn.....Resource intensive >_>

Also, I did something stupid which I shouldn't have when my workplace pissed me off so much that I missed two Pokestops on the way home. Basically went into a PITCH BLACK park at night (11 pm, around) to spy two guys huddling together with the phone & a girl skateboarding. Couldn't make out much, just that it was a stupid move on my part. Basically asking thieves to come up & grab the phone out of my hand only because my workplace stupidity got the best of me, erasing my common sense. Even though it was stupid, I discovered they were Team Valor & that Pokemon GO players are mostly chill. Not so much with the fatties, or the arrogant types, yet when you get a "down-to-earth" player that everything can be awesome. Once you find out you're on different teams is when people also show their stupid side, similar to Canada's hockey teams, and such. Gang-warfare brings the worst out in people. Tribal mentality. Even so, managed to have awesome moments.

On another note:

- Pokemon Centers shall spring up: Rumors has it that they'll heal your Pokemon & that you'll be able to customize your Pokemon center. Possibly & instanced manner.

- Pokemon Gym Sniping/poaching Mended: People sniping Pokemon gyms from others shall now be mended that only the victor shall have it. Other people can't place their Pokemon there to stela it from others.

- New Team Leaders Revealed: So glad & proud I chose right with Team Valor with Candela. Nice brown skinned leader. You don't need Ghostbusters for fake feminist drama when you have Pokemon, KanColle, anime, & Victory Belles :D Candela, Blanche, & Spark revealed as leaders, and they'll eventually play a major part in the game later down the line.

Also said that the game is only 10% complete. Way more is to come.

Archived