Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 23

von_Lipstig

What do you mean she lacks sex appeal?! One man's trash is another man's treasure I suppose, but Mahan's far from unappealing to me.

I mean I see her as one of the better looking of the Belles I've seen, and though she is flat, I absolutely enjoy her appearance and her personality. I would gladly have her in my fleet

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean I see her as one of the better looking of the Belles I've seen, and though she is flat, I absolutely enjoy her appearance and her personality. I would gladly have her in my fleet

You're just saying that cuz Bulldog's flat too. ^_^

I enjoy all sizes of bust, from Mahan and Bulldog to Z18. I would pin Bulldog and Mahan down as probably Bs at the most.

Plus I would be lying if I didn't say I enjoy Mahan's design and I really like her voice. Plus glasses are +100

Why a golfer? I just can't think about how that plays into her history and stuff. Was is something Yuki personally wanted in his/her custom Belle? I really wish you would delve more into some of the design choices in the updates. This is like last time when I was confused why Hiryuu did ballroom dancing and had to ask about it on here.

I think the GUI and the animations are coming along nicely (the smoke animations look like they can be polished a bit more). The stars on their cards makes me think that they might be related to ship modification, like how KanColle has "Kai" and "KaiNi". We can only assume until we're far enough that we can finally peel away the "[redacted]" censor stickers.

I'd be getting close to Rawa, Ark, and Dog before Mahan, though I wouldn't mind getting close to her. So far the best American Belle

and though she is flat

Mahan? More like Flathan

You say that like Camicia Nera is any better...

Also, I'm pretty sure Mahan isn't as flat as you think she is.

ALL OF YOU CLEARLY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE BEAUTY OF

tumblr_lplmnyJZh41ql3w8wo1_400.jpg

She's hard working which I always like. Trying to keep things professional whenever possible but she can cut loose when she wants to. I am interested to see those moments.

Anyways, how about dat Chiyoda eh? (Maybe have a Mahan Appreciation Thread? :P)

When it comes to Chiyoda I think I prefer this Chiyoda over the scary one (mental state) over in KanColle. Granted, she does occasionally shine when needed (festival art & such). I wouldn't mind a game of golf, and could see it added in as a mini-game to play with your Belles in that simple manner. She seems nice enough that I'd treat her kindly if she ever graced my fleet with her presence. I guess she'll have to win me over with some alternate art because I'm not really a fan of her hair style. The rest, yes. The hair, not so much. Maybe some festive art may change my opinion of her. Maybe she needs to sortie for her to win me over. Chitose is whom I side with in KanColle because of how 'mature' she seems. That aura & the way she carries herself in comparison to Chiyoda (KanColle).

I'm still not highly impressed with the combat stuff, but that's probably because I need to be playing it to understand all the fine details of it. It's looking neater, yet still nothing to be happy about. No home runs there. It's like Pokemon gamboy games & Pokemon GO that it's much better playing it than watching people play it with the player needing to get into a habit of how to treat combat over the long-term. Even KanColle wise where it's simple, yet still needs more polish. Seeing as how it's for phones & such it really does seem 'watered down' to be able to run on these smartphones, as well as web stuff. Hmm...I guess I'm just spoiled when seeing Granblue Fantasy's type combat with sprites moving about. Similar with 'Millenium War Aegis', 'Flower Knight Girl', 'Fate/Grand Order', or even 'Ultra Adventure! Go! Go! - Osawari Island' on Nutaku (safe & not safe side). Yes, they may or may not (F/GO on not side) be R18 games, yet the sprites they have in combat would be the way I feel both KanColle & Victory Belles needs to head into. Gimmicky, yet how I feel it should go. It's all about what you see, what you get out of the combat, and such. The combat experiences being as fun as possible, not just informative. As a middle ground I guess you could turn the sprites on & off to get what you're seeing in the previews on KS. Performance filters, or to speed things along when one does not desire sprites.

I've requested before to be able to see some form of them roaming about the world as SimCity 4 type sprites, yet that's being considered VB side so not all that fussy about that. I can wait 1940+ & onward. If done F/GO style in VB would be sweet for the "immersion", or "eye-candy" side of things. I've enjoyed F/GO for that. KanColle is indeed neat, yet it's all cards, just like VB, that I feel its right. Yet, finding it neat for KanColle trying to go 3D in KanColle Arcade that it be interesting to see how VB could do this in a sprite manner. Those cards are sweet while being treated as they are in KanColle, yet be interesting to see how this game would feel if done F/GO & FKG style. Curious.

The map itself is something I'm enjoying still, more so than KanColle, because it has freedom. I love it. Can't wait to see what that's all about when I take command. I also see we went away from passports to go towards cards, yet hoping we could gain passports as some type of easteregg on some map. Be sweet to have that option to go 'easteregg' hunting for collection sake then. These cards are nicely informative, yet can't wait to see it done in practice. I approve this, yet be sweet to have passports as something we can unlock by doing sorties.

Alright, fun update. Information overload that I had to get caught up for this coming Friday. Loved Yavuz the most between all this. Even happy to hear mention of a Canadian VA among the rank, yet hoping the VA's are treating the staff kindly & vice-versa. Don't need the type of nasty drama I've seen on Petroglyph game side, nor what I'm seeing with 'No Man's Sky' with a Dutch company being greedy for profit by waiting near launch to screw with the project.

[Edit: Light grammar & typo fixes to make sense. Exhausted.]

So, my comrades over at 'Busou Shinki World' feel that the combat is also "dry". Both me & this other guy seeking more "life" in the combat screen that something like arced projectiles, animations, and such would work. We both seem to think alike while being spoiled by the likes of F/GO, Flower Night Girl, and other games. He even sees KanColle being higher ranked [implied tone, yet not said] that here's to hoping BCS/VB staff are willing to learn & improve the combat in the way that gimmicky things can make it more immersive. Something like Pokemon GO, the Sun/Moon, or whatever. Seeing ships sailing loosely around while doing things, sprites roaming about, or whatever.

I guess it can just go back to making the projectiles more polished & arced.

I'm just the messenger tonight, yet just posting this anyways because it concerns both me & a comrade that it may also concern other players spoiled by other web games. He's however concerned that no matter what he says that it just might be viewed as desiring what's in Warship girls, or whatever. When you see a combat screen time & time again there needs to be something appealing about it for both the 1st & 1 trillionth time being at it. Even KanColle tends to be appealing with how you observe ASW arcs, scout & actual plane runs, shelling, among other things. Granted, you guys are looking into symbols & indicators, yet there needs to be some 'Belle' interaction also in play. Belles themselves need to be a part of that action.

Archived