Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 23

von_Lipstig

Noted.

Hoping for a nice smooth evolution, similar to how KanColle has been adding various elements throughout the years. Plane experience, as well as the new preemptive ASW assault on 100+ ASW stats. Fun stuff.

Just wanted to pop by again to note 'Shooting Girl' on SFW Nutaku that that combat is done amusingly, if gimmicky. Seeing your lovelies moving about as they attack the enemy while seeing where & how they got that damage. Even seeing this game as a nice polished version of what KanColle would be, or as inspiration to step up higher into a proper direction. Be interesting to see alternatives to screen switching that you could see your Belles & their vessel in a deformed manner roaming the waters as damage is being done, and such. I guess that would require lots of work, yet should be an interesting alternative if you want to allow variety in combat, if such thing is ever welcomed. Seeing where & how the damage is being done, as well as for immersion. Even a fun element seeing how your units choose to obey your orders, or not. The fun parts of this game being how lengthy it is to recruit these gun girls, the rising affection (natural, not Flower Knight Style), as well as how you grow them. I feel more attached to these girls because I can see gradual progress with them, as I would in Pokemon, and even KanColle. I'm seeing various forms of progress in them that I"m hoping Victory Belles has them, or makes note of them.

I think it be fun seeing your Belle mature by loosely obeying orders [unless that's already in the game, forget it] to eventually faithfully obeying them as they mature, and more so when romanced. This is similar to how a Konami killed MMO 'Busou SHinki Battle Rondo' did things with their AI learning your preferences so they would attack in a specific manner. You would order them how to attack, then they'd try to (best of their ability) to do so by attacking in a way you suggested in varying levels of success. This is what I've read for 'Shooter Girl', and am seeing for with 'strategy' commands of 1) 'engage at will', 2) 'Frontal attack', 3) Northern attack, 4) southern attack, among others. If a "learning ai" was added into Victory Belles then I guess I'd find that amusingly immersive, if it's ever considered and added. Another level of growth which would add another level of personalized connection to your Belles, as is happening with these shooter girls. Maybe frustrating at first, yet once you get the ball rolling you'd see how they mature. More of an attachment to your Belles.

I'm more familiar with warship battles that I could probably nudge Belles into a certain strategy because firearm combat is oddly complex to me still. Trying to learn the way 'Shooting Girl' does things that I'm simply resorting to "level-assaulting" the enemy. Basically bringing in higher levels to deal with the troublesome issue because I'm too ignorant with nitty-gritty details :P . I'm learning though, and hopefully the same deal over at Victory Belles as it matures.

Bit of gameplay there.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're welcome. I just can't get enough of 'Shooter Girl' right now, yet miss the likes of some sort of expedition to regain resources. It seems the resources regenerate, yet you still get them via quests & sorties. Over-leveling is also my standard strategy to things that it just knocks threats away with ease, most of the time. That's also proving oddly interesting because my second squad is now managing to do what my first one couldn't because of the types in there.

Also, just to renote for clarification:

1) Popularity: This is basically how popular the girl is to you. How attached she is that the more stars, the more you've sent her in missions. I love seeing something like this used in how much you've focused on her (a unit) would be a measure of how much she's worthwhile to you. I'm now at one heart (out of four, or so) for my main squad that they're now probably going to obey my orders more directly as more arts are added. It's quite handy having this. We had a mention on here in a brainstorming manner that if you abuse your Belle that they would leave your fleet to be an NPC in the world to fight. a Neutral-enemy to reclaim to your side. Something to play around with :) KanColle wise I'd enjoy having this lead into weddings, yet what's done is done. Victory Belles has a chance to start clean that you could gain hearts to lead into whatever you choose to. Weddings, or whatever you're going to have as an end result of relationship. Though, KanColle could still back-peddle a bit by adding hearts, but it's odd that way. I already ringed Bismarck. Flower Knight Girl failed here via stupid gift affection that there's no reward there. Reward comes from progression, not forced gifting achievements.

2) Strategy Commands: A drop down of strategies your girls can learn by leveling every 5 levels. Even adding another girl of the same type unlocks another hidden skill type for them to make use, activate in battle, and be more feared by the enemy. The whole 'attack at will', Northern attack', southern attack', frontal attack', & etc.

3) Mention of "Learning AI": This ties in with Strategy commands that they would choose to obey or disobey your orders. This is something I've seen in a now dead MMO called 'Busou Shinki - Battle Rondo' that the unit themselves decides how to treat your orders. Carrying this over into Victory Belles could prove amusing for immersive sakes, especially for the roleplayers. More so in a gameplay sense. The fresh recruits would struggle with orders, yet as they gain experience they would be able to better execute your commands more faithfully. Even blindly following your commands by habit, and by what you mentioned, in a high enough relationship/affection/popularity type thing. A bit of this is used in 'Dragons Dogma' with the AI learning of the enemy that they'd then destroy the enemy quicker by hitting weakspots, as well as leading you to landmarks they're now aware of. Imagine tying this in with negations, and them leading you through the safest way in maps. I have yet to experience this in full in Shooter Girl so I only see a 50/50% of obeying orders. It can go much deeper, if you're willing to dedicate time to making Belles react & immersive enough :)

I simply love how Shooter Girl 1-ups KanColle in various areas that I wish it carried back into KanColle. Even wishing Victory Belles to make note of & to try their best in adding this into the game.

Alright, one more thing before I finally let this go. Finally unlocked Diva which makes 'Shooter Girl' seem like Macross (original) up to Macross Delta. I unlocked a Diva which gives you various benefits of attack, defense, and whatever else they may be thinking. Giving them bouquettes would motivate them to sing for 30 min to give you these various benefits. Upgrading the HQ would give them stronger music effects allowing the Diva to be more effective, if they even are, that it's also awesome hearing them sing on the battlefield. You can simply watch their performance in the music room, or you can even hear them on the battlefield.

I've been wondering if there's a playful (and proper) manner of having a Belle doing the same by choosing to randomly sing during combat, or to hear Allied/Axis broadcasts playing music openly without a care. It could be used to boost some sort of morale, or something, that it may even charm the enemy into a ceasefire. I guess that may be hated, yet if done right it may spawn some interesting lore-related mini-events of the Morgana to hold their head in pain, or something along those lines.

Silent Hunter 4 had the option of tuning into Tokyo's radio station to hear their music. Was a fun little easteregg & immersive factor that felt like you're tuning into the enemy past their heavy net. WW2 Sniper vs American trumpetter.

It would be amusing to hear Belles sing in combat, at your base, or even at a music room, or similar. Oh, how that would be awesome. It would fit in the style with other Japanese games with the archive system, and even KanColle's jukebox. It be sweet to even hear Nerpa sing, among others.

I find it amusing how energetic and enthusiastic you are about Victory Belles, AK, but with things like gameplay, you have to realize that making such changes at such a late stage in the game's development would be expensive and incredibly difficult, not to mention it would push back the deadline by months, maybe even years. It's simply not practical to make the changes to combat that you are suggesting.

Also, while it's perfectly fine to get ideas from other games, I want victory belles to be unique, and simply taking ideas from every game you like is not the way to accomplish that. I want to let BCS do go through with their original vision for the game, and thoroughly support them in it.

Thanks for the "energetic" & "enthusiastic" compliment, yet feel there's another round of a small misunderstanding. Something minor though so it ain't much of an issue.

Yes, it be awesome if Victory Belles would have these combat features (thus me linking to them & mentioning them), yet I'm expecting the combat we were shown in teaser form because even BCS doesn't know of them. It's a bit anti-climactic, yet we'll see where the combat takes us. How immersive, and how it'll hold up in repetition of combat is what I'm curious about because I'm going to be among the many using it, and then using it in repetition. I'm requesting these other features (both as inspiration & in a somewhat serious tone) that it be neat to have a selectable alternative to combat, not replacing anything, that you can see what we see now or the alternative. Maybe to even spice things up, or to even just connect with your Belles more in some manner. Basically have what we have now for mobile phone users to then eventually branch out as an alternative to see the Belles doing whatever in combat as they would in 'Shooter Girl', or 'Fate/Grand Order'. I guess even using Pokemon GO's AR mode style of as a poor example of how seeing pokemon via AR or just a pre-made background type of alternative to combat. If we can't have it then that's a shame. BCS is still the boss so I can't argue with them. :P

Yeah, I'm aware that this is asking too much and such, yet just trying to help the game where I can because Victory Belles is awesome, and just finding ways to make it more awesome. Games are still lacking, even if it's 2016, that there needs to be more developers making quality games, not shitty ones. There's still many voids to be filled, yet nobody wants to fill it in that I'm constantly frustrated. It's what we do for a game we love by finding ways to improve it, even by modding such that we give games a long shelf-life. Even helps when developers listen to keep the game living as long as possible. You see it through modding also. When a game doesn't have modding then the game itself is shit because you can't really find ways to continue adding content, adding your own touch, among others. Games like Minecraft, Terraria, Starbound, Rising World, Empyrion, and etc live because they frequently update, as well as have modding support, thus you're seeing it still alive, or going to be alive for a long while.

Yeah......seeing KanColle out first, then Shooter Girl, then Victory Belles. Each game being a stepping stone for the other to learn from, just as how Rising World is stepping up above Minecraft right now, yet nobody is bothering to pay attention because it's not Minecraft. Nobody sees it because lemmings are steering away from it right now :P. That, or seeing Shooter Girl using KanColle's formula to 1-up it in other areas. I'm just interested in seeing Victory Belles being awesome because I'm one of those people hooked on playing the game that it be interesting to see what's possible & not. The "Diva" singing feature (Macross style), or whatever else. Hearing a Belle singing casually as you wander from one menu to the next, or something. If I can't mod or personalize anything in or outside of the game I can at least request these features, right? Even if they may or may not appear in the game, at least being considered.

Damn. Made a longer posting than I should have......

[if I don't make sense in this post then I'm blaming my cold. I had to go back numerous times to fix irritating typos.]

AK;

Request away! Why not? Always good to have more ideas than less. :)

I'd just like to add here 'Request, not demand.' I know sometimes people get excited when they find something awesome and want to share it and suggest it. All I think is needed on that front is to take a step back while writing and being sure of how things come across. This goes for -all- members suggesting things. Clear, focused and respectful writing of ways that 'exhibit A' could be beneficial to the VB project will go leagues farther than any other manner.

Just my two gil.

Yeah, that's cool. Glad you made it sound neutral, but if it's to also remind me also then the Canadian bit has to be a demand, even if we have HMCS Saguenay. If Milihime didn't get pulled then it be a simple request, but if we have games also dropping off the radar then someone has to pick it back up to fill it back in the void. SOmeone has to make a successor to Silent Hunter 3, yet noted that BCS aren't them. That's UBOOT, apparently. That's just a given to fill in a void. You need to keep improving your games also by adding what hasn't been added into it before, such as Canadians, Dutch, among others. Games need to keep improving so there are times you need to nudge the developers also. :rolleyes:

The rest being requests, even if they did sound like demands. This combat thing is a request. A hyped one, yet a request. But yeah, noted. If something sounds like a demand then just take it as over-excited requested request.

Alright, now curious if I can finally play Shooter Girl because it just got stuck on loading. Loading on daily missions, as well as the loading screen......Makes sure that's sorted with VB :P No loading screen hanging.

When a game doesn't have modding then the game itself is shit because you can't really find ways to continue adding content, adding your own touch, among others.

Shadow of the Colossus confirmed for shit. Well, there goes my childhood.

As Fif pointed out there are a ton of awesome games that were never modded because mods would be out of place. There are "entertaining" games that get mods and then there's "artistic games where mods would distract from the story.

Shadow of the Colossus confirmed for shit. Well, there goes my childhood.

That one is an exception & I now see a witch hunt. Try again. :wacko:

I guess someone shall say Dark Souls games, & such then that's also an exception, yet nothing that really stands out yet. As for taste in games, nah. That's now a guilt trip. Truly, look at the damn games we have and tell me what games we have that are special. Which ones would you hold up on fancy podium. If anybody says Call of Duty or Halo then I'm going to grab a baseball bat with nails on it. Watching my friend Twitch stream COD was the most frustrating thing I could have watched, more so with hackers & host jumps. (neutrally saying this COD part not being aimed at fifrein)

Actually, I'm lost right now so just list the games that haven't required modding. I can't really think of any, or much. :huh:

A list of games that haven't required modding or that can't be modded? And just to check, does watching/hard-locking RAM values count as modding or just gamesharking? I've got a few instances of it where it might as well have been a roundabout way of "modding", so to speak, so...

A list of games that haven't required modding or that can't be modded? And just to check, does watching/hard-locking RAM values count as modding or just gamesharking? I've got a few instances of it where it might as well have been a roundabout way of "modding", so to speak, so...

I guess both. Since you're asking I guess I might as well mention both, even if it may or may not bring more confusion to the table.

Dragon Age & Dragon's Dogma both being neat, yet they're refusing modding. They want to force you down a specific path, yet nothing more. Again, something I can't really hold up on a podium.

I guess it has to be special along the lines of Silent Hunter 3, and the games I listed in the other thread. Actually worthwhile, ambitious, among other things, while also providing the main element of "fun". Again, Euro Truck Sim 2 & American Truck Sim side of things, yet those have mods.

Archived