Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 24

Dano

Dano, I think you're confusing the words "best designs" with "good, but not quite the best designs." Their art is nice, but best is a strong word that should be saved for places where it's the truth, such as the ones I mentioned above.

As are you.

You're entitled to your opinions, wrong as they may be.

So if you are both wrong, by default I'm right. Thank you for acknowledging the superiority of my righteous opinions.

So if you are both wrong, by default I'm right. Thank you for acknowledging the superiority of my righteous opinions.

He called you out too, Mr. Oblivious. "opinions" in the plural. This right here is why your opinions are wrong.

Ok, back to the topic at hand I'm once again surprised we're getting more Italians when they're supposed to be a surprise for when the game launches. Even so, I finally get to meet & greet the lovely Lampo, one whom teased me during the Kickstarter campaign when seeking out Admiral Graf Spee, both of whom I want to recruit into my fleet. Nice formal style, and nice personality. I see how she got her restless behavior, as with her inventor type personality. Neat. I want Lambo to join my Pola so they can bicker somewhere in the HQ in VN or just random chat bubble format.

It makes me happy to see forgotten Italian pride being brought back up, and why I love this game now. It's focusing on what others didn't want, and why I enjoy this game. Lampo also showing her formal side that I want to know more of her. Also, Mahan is far too skittish. Know of any Belle which can return courage to the proud & loud Americans? Mahan needs bravery now after Lampo's fiddling :unsure:

/salutes Lampo & the Italian navy Belles

AK, please don't confuse aversion to unnecessary risks with "Skittishness". Mahan's service record clearly shows she's more than willing to take extreme risks when it comes to saving lives and fighting the good fight. I consider myself lucky that my starting nation includes her as one of their belles. Also, God Bless America.

Hai, hai.

Seeing as how she reacted to Lampo's tinkering was highly fearful. Like a bird not knowing if it should feed or run away, or a mix of both :lol:

(edit; Also, the forum can't handle stress from these updates it seems. Lagging so much. About 10 seconds too slow to do anything.)

Hai, hai.

Seeing as how she reacted to Lampo's tinkering was highly fearful. Like a bird not knowing if it should feed or run away, or a mix of both :lol:

(edit; Also, the forum can't handle stress from these updates it seems. Lagging so much. About 10 seconds too slow to do anything.)

Pushing the boundaries of a ships speed to the point a boiler explodes warrants some concern. Lampo's lucky there were no casualties from the engineers.

Haven't been in the forums for quite awhile but I decided to come by to say that I really love the design on R.N. Lampo.

I might have to reconsider my starting nation now. :D

Looking forward to seeing more belles :)

Yes! Nice going! :)

Lampo seems all right... and it's not out of place that she tinkers. Lots of Italian guys tinkered quite a lot, but unfortunately those who got things right were seldom supported by the brass.

For example, an Italian engineer, Pericle Ferretti, created a device that it's little different from a working snorkel, but its invention was not followed through.

I will admit, Lampo is a lot of fun. I still probably won't stick her in my fleet for the first run due to relatively poor relations with italy...but I will definitely be befirending her in NewGame+.

Um... excuse me, it's not like I feel offended or anything, nor do I wish to begin a discussion; I'm just curious as to what you mean by "relatively poor relations with Italy".

I will admit, Lampo is a lot of fun. I still probably won't stick her in my fleet for the first run due to relatively poor relations with italy...but I will definitely be befirending her in NewGame+.

Yes! Nice going! :)

Lampo seems all right... and it's not out of place that she tinkers. Lots of Italian guys tinkered quite a lot, but unfortunately those who got things right were seldom supported by the brass.

For example, an Italian engineer, Pericle Ferretti, created a device that it's little different from a working snorkel, but its invention was not followed through.

Um... excuse me, it's not like I feel offended or anything, nor do I wish to begin a discussion; I'm just curious as to what you mean by "relatively poor relations with Italy".

I think if I remember right Fif is going to be playing the USSR.

Pushing the boundaries of a ships speed to the point a boiler explodes warrants some concern. Lampo's lucky there were no casualties from the engineers.

If Mahan was brave & wise she would have made use of the new-found speed in her strategies. She would have been the Koko Hekmatyar of Jormungand to use it against the Abyssals/. Any wise commander would have happily used such an opportunity to use even the weakness as a weapon against the enemy. MS Igloo (Gundam 3D) had a Zudah which was faulty, yet it caused the GM suits to vibrate heavily from the vibrations within to break apart, and the Zudah as well when controlled. When you know your weaknesses you can use it against the enemy.

Lampo is indeed lucky, but when you know your weaknesses you can even use that as your strength to one-up the enemy. That boiler explosion could have been used as either a decoy or some form of Abyssal destruction method. Mahan, stop being fearful by figuring out how to use Lampo in the way Yavuz would. You need to be sneaky & crafty as Yavuz :ph34r:

(Another brain fart. I forgot what the enemies in VB are called so I'm just going with Abyssals. Same thing really. This humidity is insane with 36 humidity Celsius, and rising)

They're the Morganas. A boiler exploding just leaves the ship crippled on the battlefield, and experimentation doesn't belong there either. Knowing you weakness is all well and good but to just go all in on some pet project is a good way to end up at the bottom of the sea. However, I believe Lampos just wanted to show off for the interview a bit.

I think if I remember right Fif is going to be playing the USSR.

Welly's right, I'm gonna start CCCP, then gain diplo ties with the USA, then with Japan. Britain's most likely to be 4th on my list, but at that point it'll just be wherever progression of evens sends me. It's not that I dislike the Regia Marina or think their ships were particularly incompetent. Your arguments have actually done a good bit to swaying me from the notion that they were as useless as the rest of Italy in the war. However, If I ever do end up making diplo ties with Italy it will be late in the game and more of an afterthought than anything.

Hence, relatively poor relations.

Welly's right, I'm gonna start CCCP, then gain diplo ties with the USA, then with Japan. Britain's most likely to be 4th on my list, but at that point it'll just be wherever progression of evens sends me. It's not that I dislike the Regia Marina or think their ships were particularly incompetent. Your arguments have actually done a good bit to swaying me from the notion that they were as useless as the rest of Italy in the war. However, If I ever do end up making diplo ties with Italy it will be late in the game and more of an afterthought than anything.

Hence, relatively poor relations.

In the meantime I'd probably go for Germany or the USA for my first diplo ties as the UK

Archived