Black Chicken Studios Forums

Update 28 - Dunkerque

Nel Celestine

Actual game updates is always welcome. I will echo the sentiments that the battle speed is waaaay too fast. The shells having an arching curve makes it looks like out-of-control bottle rockets with that super fast speed. Having 7 spaces on a fleet is interesting, and I noticed both fleets have a 6+1 division split. Is this the default, or can I have 3 ships in one division and the other 4 in another?

So when will we see an example of a damaged sprite? :V

As for Dunkerque, I'm not a fan of her main guns being attached to her knees instead of something more sturdy like her waist. What's the design reasoning for that?

Could Belles go hot air ballooning (setting off from their decks I guess) or does the "Belle barrier" also reach upwards to only 10-30m (in 1939) so it's like a half-sphere around the ship?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for Dunkerque, I'm not a fan of her main guns being attached to her knees instead of something more sturdy like her waist. What's the design reasoning for that?

*French _joke*

outrun OR outgun

*/French_joke*

>Could Belles go hot air ballooning

~10yd from hull is:

-full 10yd ellipse in 2d water projection

-can be simplified as 10yd down from hull, 10yd up from masts in 3d

minor correction

>And it's bad for US only post true for '41 and Pi2 fuse

in 1939 it's THAT bad

Mignonette;

The Division split is determined by your Flag Command, so thats more about what you have unlocked and chosen. :)

Damage art is dependent on time and resources- it may not be at launch, although we'll see.

Well, you'd have to ask Dunkerque why she likes it that way. :)

As v_L notes, it would be a short trip. :)

Wow, I went away for a week, and what do I miss? :P

Really interesting one!

And plenty of tech discussion, as well!

(Btw, sorry if I gloat, but those "dud torp problems" of the Kriegsmarine and the U.S. Navy...? We Italians can just sail on and keep going; our torpedoes didn't have spectacular performance, but they were reliable B) )

I really love the gameplay vid of VB idk about u guys is it just me or was the clip of the gameplay traller was sped up me and my friend where talking about the traller yesterday and thinked that can't be normal gameplay speed right?

Gameplay details, like animation speed, aren't finalized yet and probably won't be for a while, so if it looks faster in one video compared to another, that'd be why. I...think, anyway.

Ah i see thx for clearing that up bro

Archived