Black Chicken Studios Forums

Captain's Association, Round 14: Vote by Sunday, Afternoon, PST

Legate of Mineta

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those wondering why I, a Canadian, am holding off on voting for Saguenay, I have a few reasons. One of which in the commissioning date of her St. Laurent Class successor HMCS Saguenay, the other is that date is also my birthday.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMCS_Saguenay_(DDH_206)

Which, as it so happens, is a Friday

If I managed to count 'em right...

A3() 14v

A6(I-8) 1v

B5(Saguenay) 2v

C2(D'Aosta) 3v

C4(Wicher) 3v

C5(Z 18) 3v

D3(Canarias) 1v

D5(Henley) 1v

D6(Maille-Breze) 1v

E5(Красный Крым) 1v

By my count, (including mikelima's vote here) I've got 1 more for A3, 1 more for B5, and 1 less for C2. I'm gonna recount just to be sure, but that's what I've got on a rolling total.

Edit: I'm still 1 up on A3 and B5 (but let's not count the latter in this because he posted after your count) but after the recount I found the 3rd C2 vote.

Meh, voting isn't so exciting when there's big bandwagoning going on.

I don't know why you guys have been gunning for the dark-skinned belles so much lately. Diversity is very nice, but it's going to end up as #VBsoWhite (something that a few people have complained about before) in the last few interview months.

So if A3 if chosen for next Friday; the only non-white Belles we'll have left is New Orleans, Saguenay (light-skinned but a native), and the Japanese Belles going by the current Bingo board.

There's more to it than "They're dark skinned" these are ships who's story rarely get told and live under the shadow of the more famous of belles both from history (Hood, Bismark, Scarnhorst) but also Kancolle as well (Chiyoda, Kitakami). Not to mention that this is a good way to draw people in (you see a belle from your home country that usually gets ignored like India or any African nation, so you stick around to see more). Besides I don't see how voting for 2 dark skinned belles is "gunning for" them all. If we vote two light skinned belles are we gunning for light skins too?

I would argue that having a more diverse roster now would be more appealing for people than to wait for the end when most people are concerned with the release than the interviews. Plus it sends the wrong message if we went through everybody else first THEN vote in the darker-skinned belles.

Not surprising, I agree with RA. I also have hopes that we'll see more non-European Belles available to interview as the months progress. I will be shocked and profoundly disappointed if after all the discussions I've had here and elsewhere in BCS's presence that we don't have both a Latina and a Chinese ethnic Belle for '39. That said, I have confidence I will not be placed in a position to feel that way. I've had some wonderful assurances from staff including the VA director that we can expect compelling representatives in game from all humanity's major ethnic groups. If Axum and Rawalpindi are reflective of this assurance, then I feel in good hands. They're great people and I'll trust they're not directing me wrong. :-)

Nel, as a b-day gift and as thanks I will try to get everybody to vote for Saguenay in time for your b-day.

Well, I had to do something to keep myself entertained during those long trips, and better that than fisticuffs with the engineers.< wouldn't a belle kill a normal man even play fighting?

D4

Good sir I will advise you to change your vote for Bulldog is going to get a very special interview next Friday.

I'm just trying to spread it around, Mignon. Honestly, I just want a whole bunch of Russian belles one after the other. But I know that Wellington may want a whole bunch of Brit belles one after the other and David here may want a whole bunch of Americans. I figure I vote around for what everyone else wants, they'll vote for my Profintern or Kirov when it's time. It would be rude to just have nothing but russkies all in a row, and I would feel like a jackass if I didn't vote for some Brits or Japanese or even the odd Pasta belle. I couldn't care less what the skin color of the belle is. If they're majority white, black, red, or purple even, then good on whoever cares enough about race to bitch that enough representation isn't being given to someone's appearance. (no offense meant to Yuri and others) But the point is, if the belle I'm voting for 3 weeks in a row is not white like the grand majority of the combatants in world war II, then well that's some magic. If it's historically accurate and pretty much everyone is cleaner than france's national flag, then that works too. I'm making a point not to vote for one nation twice in a row barring special cases like figuring out a new hidden belle or if a new must-have is revealed.

Well, suffice to say I think I've kicked that into the ground enough. The vote tally, as morning Saturday breaks for me at least, is not much changed. A3 is still winning by way too much, someone's still voting for Bulldog for some reason, and life moves on.

P.S. I also agree with saving Saguenay for our glorious hardworking Nel's celebration, even if it is only for the sake of removing one of the obstacles to getting all my beautiful slavs interviewed ASAP. :P:P

Historically accurate when we're talking about spiritual manifestations of ships? Now THAT'S magic! :P

I'll choose not to take offense, Fif, because I know you didn't mean any. Still, the world has changed a lot in the intervening 77 years since 1939. A good thing, too. We can and should reflect upon the fact that nations were still in the dark ages of being racist twats in 1939, but for something as wondrous and otherworldly as the Belles, I'd personally prefer that they reflect mankind's better nature. The game should reflect the darkness that enveloped mankind's heart in 1939 (Swastika much?). But the Belles (and their captains!) I dearly pray will transcend the fog and harbinger the enlightenment that followed the war and that still struggles to shake itself from the gloom of ignorance.

Archived