Black Chicken Studios Forums

Captain's Association, Round 14: Vote by Sunday, Afternoon, PST

Legate of Mineta

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even the odd Pasta belle.

Can I respectfully ask you to not use such a term, and instead merely say "Italian Belle"?

I know it was not in your intentions to offend anything or anything, but the use of such a phrase looks a bit like looking down on them, given that nobody around here says "Pudding Belles", "Baguette Belles", "Burger Belles" and the likes.

It also reminds me of KanColle, and to be honest, while I'm trying to be positive about it, certain things give me an ambiguous feeling about that game's stance on its Italian shipgirls, not to mention many players' attitude towards them.

@Historynerd;

Although...everything you wrote sounds like amazing fan art. Especially Burger and Pudding Belles. :)

That might be all nice and dandy.

However, I was pointing to a mentality that might cause some people to automatically look a bit down on Italian Belles.

I'm not accusing anyone, I repeat, but I invite everyone to meditate on the fact that, possibly, every time something Italian is mentioned, we automatically think in terms of Pasta; in which case I think there's something a bit distorted about the situation, since I don't think national foods (or peculiarities in general) come to mind in first place when we mention other nations.

Just some food for thought...

Historynerd;

Hahah! Well, I think about pizza and wine when I think about Italian food, and I would say that every nation can be associated to their cuisine (well, maybe not Russia- can't think of any common Russian foods here in the States), but I understand where your feeling comes from. ;)

Really, we should be feeling bad for the English. Not only is their traditional food often regarded as a joke, but curry has more or less replaced it! :)

@History Nerd

I do agree that Italy gets the short end when it comes to things like this but I also argue that "Pasta Boat" is also used as a term of endearment. Plus Italy is kinda famous for the food. But so far the Italian belles have broken the stereotypes, none are pasta or food obsessed nor are they portrayed as cowardly or inept at fighting. However I do understand that Italy gets no where near the respect it deserves

@Legate

The stereotypical Russian cuisine here in the states is Borscht. Also the US called the Germans "Krauts" after Sour Kraut so the Italians aren't the only ones with food related nicknames.

@HistoryNerd

Well, I respect you for having shown me that despite all evidence to the contrary, Italy in the second world war was not completely garbage. In fact, they appear to have done well enough for what they had. So in an effort to equalize things, I will now refer to every country's belles by their national foods! Everyone will be equal and fair!

@HistoryNerd

Well, I respect you for having shown me that despite all evidence to the contrary, Italy in the second world war was not completely garbage. In fact, they appear to have done well enough for what they had. So in an effort to equalize things, I will now refer to every country's belles by their national foods! Everyone will be equal and fair!

Poutine Belles!

Legate, at least acknowledge my voting for the Morgana. It's the only way!

All of you others will surely regret not voting for Morgana when your precious Belles have all been interviewed! HAHAHAHAhahaha...

*has nervous breakdown*

@HistoryNerd

I appreciate that; thank you.

But allow me to insist that I absolutely didn't mean anything against you personally, and that I am aware that your intentions were absolutely innocent. I do not wish to create misunderstandings or resentment, as I wish to be friends with everyone in this community.

I appreciate that; thank you.

But allow me to insist that I absolutely didn't mean anything against you personally, and that I am aware that your intentions were absolutely innocent. I do not wish to create misunderstandings or resentment, as I wish to be friends with everyone in this community.

Henceforth I request Canadian Belles to be nicknamed Poutine Belles in honour of this

A3(Calcutta ?) 15v

A6(I-8) 1v
B5(Saguenay) 3v
C2(D'Aosta) 3v
C4(Wicher) 3v
C5(Z 18) 3v

D4(Bulldog) 1v
D3(Canarias) 1v
D5(Henley) 1v
D6(Maille-Breze) 1v

E1(Algerie) 1v

E5(Красный Крым) 1v

*no popcorn*

>ITT

*insert_food_fight_picture_here*

At the moment they emerged from next Captain’s Association Belle/ships:

3 form Italy
6 from the United States
4 from Japan
2 from Germany
4 from UK
4 from Soviet Russia
3 from France
1 from Spain
1 from Turkey

0 from Canada

0 from Netherlands

0 from Poland

Maybe next time :mellow: 03.09.1939 - 03.09.2016 Hel

Legate, at least acknowledge my voting for the Morgana. It's the only way!

All of you others will surely regret not voting for Morgana when your precious Belles have all been interviewed! HAHAHAHAhahaha...

*has nervous breakdown*

Soon brother, soon...Maybe after bulldog or my next Borscht Belle comes around...

There are four interviews Soviet Belles Volkov, Parizhskaya Kommuna, Leningrad Upated # 13 and Nerpa.

Mahan was interviewed in Update #13, not Leningrad.

Leningrad showed up just to yank Mahan's chain and deliver her Service history. That's why she's currently on the board, at F-1.

Is there even a Polish Belle on the board?

Why yes there is, Mignonette: C-4 is Wicher.

And this week I will cast my vote for the Netherlands contribution to the board: DeRuyter (E-2).

Archived