Black Chicken Studios Forums

Update 29 - Rawalpindi

Nel Celestine

Ah, Rawalpindi... the polyglot underdog with a love for postal managing. Our Belle roster is becoming more unique by the week!

Also, i'll be the first to bet: one of her conversations will definately involve eavesdropping.

And i'll even place a spoiler for what could become her friendship/romance moment. I'll just leave it in the spoilers in case, for It may be likely that this may an actual pivotal moment for Rawalpindi's arc. It's alright if you refuse to read it - . I'll bring it back once the game's up, and see how much far or close i struck the target.

We'll be tempted by Rawalpindi to eavesdrop on one of her cabins during a long trip, only to find out it's a young couple (either passangers or navy sailors, in which the latter would be the most "appropriate" to the setting), where the man confesses her love to the woman. Rawalpindi gasps upon the sudden smooch, which was heard by the young woman. Her sudden shriek sends both Rawalpindi and us flying out of there.

While recovering from the rush, Rawalpindi reveals that due to her weak nature, despite her ever-flowing courage, she isn't admired by the other Belles as she deemed fair, being mostly seen as a nuisance. The Captain then has the chance to suport her and even state how her constant bravery even moved him. The result then ends in either her sincerely thanking us and with us calling her HMS Pindi (because she loves the HMS part, and "Pindi" is a nickname given by friends - the usage of both means he treats her like a special friend) or in a surprise smooch from Pindi, which triggers the romance achievement.

From Eurobeat's "How to Sharnhorst": sinking helpless ships since 1935.

While i'd hardly call her helpless Pindi never really stood a chance there ;_;

Interested in seeing how she fits in along with other more specialized ships like Chiyoda.

So we've going postal. Again. >_<

>but so many American town names…
>…are very strange? I've heard that before.
where is the "cold land of Greeock" in Scotland ?

>It made eavesdropping on my passengers much easier, hee, hee, hee.
And if you gaze long into an abyss ship, the abyss ship also gazes into you.©

>>She doesn't innately have a support ability, though...

:huh:

How she can both be and not be a starter ship ?

So we've going postal. Again. >_<

>but so many American town names…

>…are very strange? I've heard that before.

where is the "cold land of Greeock" in Scotland ?

>It made eavesdropping on my passengers much easier, hee, hee, hee.

And if you gaze long into an abyss ship, the abyss ship also gazes into you.©

>>She doesn't innately have a support ability, though...

:huh:

How she can both be and not be a starter ship ?

Neither rain nor snow nor heat nor gloom of German Battleships shall stay this courier from the swift depletion of her allotted rounds :lol:

I'm not sure what you mean about starter ship, unless I've got that wrong. Could be, I'm the mod for Academagia, so... ;)

answer in comments line != Stretch goal 3 update text

Neither rain nor snow nor heat nor gloom of German Battleships shall stay this courier from the swift depletion of her allotted rounds :lol:

DONT ARSK US ABOUT:

rocks

troll’s with sticks

All sorts of dragons

Morganas

Huje green things with teeth

Any kinds of black dogs with orange eyebrows

Rains of spaniel’s.

fog.

Morganas

Rawalpindi's "Gentle Persuaders" struck a chord in me. I enjoy a good bit of

4wqEvq9.jpg

Jokes aside, this was a an update that made me think.

1) "I'll go stow this away in my ship, if you'll wait." We knew it took place on somewhat neutral ground, but now we know the interviews likely don't take place on the ship of the belle being interviewed.

2) I got to thinking a lot about special cases for Belle travel, specifically due to Rawalpindi's knowledge of her namesake. Every belle appears to have inherent knowledge of their namesake, but for belles like Rawalpindi and Nerpa....

Well, this quote: "I’d like nothing more to show you around, Sahib, but it is not a port town! I’ll tell you all about it over nihari, though, any time you want." Implies that she knows her namesake well enough to give a tour and may have even been there before.

and this one: "Oh, no. I was born into the largest garrison town in India, you know." Is challenging, because elsewhere in the interview she states she was born in scotland (obviously where her hull was built) but also states he was a daughter of the greatest fort in India. It's odd because it implies the belle might actually have been to her namesake before once again.

Nerpa, however, wishes to visit Lake Baikal in her interview, implying she hasn't actually been there. However, she brings to the interview 3 buckets of water from the lake. It's interesting to wonder how she got them.

So my theories now kind of revolve around a belle at the very least having innate knowledge of their namesake and at most, if they are named after a place rather than a thing, being able to manifest there temporarily outside of their Hull's range.

Ahh my feisty Rawa. How I hope that I don't have to choose between you and Bulldog for starting Belle. I'll make you good enough that you can go for round 2 against the Germans (Nel when PvP comes in).

Ahh my feisty Rawa. How I hope that I don't have to choose between you and Bulldog for starting Belle. I'll make you good enough that you can go for round 2 against the Germans (Nel when PvP comes in).

Well, since Pindi is a letter carrier I'll be sure to give her a fitting greeting.

Archived