Black Chicken Studios Forums

A fan artist appears

RockyArby

I have commissioned a new Naughty Lass comic her outfit is based on lolwut's causal Nautilus design, we all know why Orion is banned from taking pictures 

Commission - David J-7-200dpi

Commission - David J-7-completed.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wellington99 said:

So me and Ninja teamed up and commissioned a pic from Mig showcasing Manchester and Sterett. Honestly one of her best works

ManchesSterr-main-full.jpg

So Wellington and I teamed up and commissioned a pic from Mig showcasing Manchester and Sterett. Honestly one of her best works

12 minutes ago, lazarusdw said:

I'm guessing that sterett is the one with the sword

Aye. I'm really impressed at how Mig was able to get Manc's crest as detailed as she did

11 minutes ago, lazarusdw said:

I'm guessing that sterett is the one with the sword

You would be correct in that guess.  Sterett is from my fic (shameless plug incoming) An Enterprising Captain which you can read in the Fanfiction area of this forum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ninjapacman said:

You would be correct in that guess.  Sterett is from my fic (shameless plug incoming) An Enterprising Captain which you can read in the Fanfiction area of this forum.

any thoughts of their personality? Man has the look of a tomboy and rett seems more reserved and unsure

Just now, lazarusdw said:

any thoughts of their personality? Man has the look of a tomboy and rett seems more reserved and unsure

I wouldn’t say unsure.  She’s certainly reserved, and somewhat concerned with mancester’s Behavior.  She’s much more straight-laced, as it were.  I’d recommend reading the story to make your judgements on her personality yourself.

• Like 1

I also would like to plug my fic, A Bittersweet Symphony, which Manchester (or Manc) is from. She's eager for action and hi-jinks, a desire to get stuck in when possible. As you said, she's very much a tomboy, but (which so far hasn't been explored too much but is going to be, and I'm only a couple chapters in atm) she does have her unsure moments, especially when it comes to her internal doubts that she isn't a "proper" Belle, like Ark Royal or Hood or Bulldog; that she isn't capable of being ladylike. The others have the typical British upper class stoicism, while she epitomizes the working class.

But as Ninja said, I'd suggest reading my fic as well to get a better understanding of Manchester. We can say what we intend the personality to be, but ultimately it's up to the reader to work it out themselves.

Also, Ninja was the one who paid for the actual artwork. We'd discussed about commissions and I mentioned about eventually wanting one from Mig of Manc, and he offered to pay for it. I figured it was only right to offer that it instead include both our Belles, and now here we are.

On 7/31/2018 at 3:59 AM, Legate of Mineta said:

Oooh, these are really great designs too! I'll send this over to the Team. :)

You know, it might be a touch late to say this, but please tell us what they think of it.  I’m sure the three of us involved in making that art would all love to know.  I certainly would.