Black Chicken Studios Forums

Captain's Association, Round 21: Vote by Sunday, Afternoon, PST

Legate of Mineta

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I may make the Case for HMS Hood, While I do recognize the significance of such a date, I find my sense of fair play to be weighted down by the fact that Hood had been meant to be voted in before as can be seen in the Captain's Association's 8th vote: http://academagia.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=3319&page=4

So for all intents and purposes, one could argue that the Vote was stolen from her (By mistaken Identity on our part, nothing nefarious). I would also like to point out of the known Belles on the board Hood is without a doubt the most famous of names. This could bring more excitement for VB, while Kumano would just be compared to her Kantai Collection self. Lastly I would like to bring to the assembled Captains' attentions the fact that, including Kumano, there's only 2 known Japanese Belles. Voting one in now will leave only one left down the road to break-up the coming back to back interviews of American Belles. Thank you for your consideration.

Current vote tally, at Noon CST:

A2 (Hood) - 8 votes

A4 (I-8) - 2 votes

A5 (Camicia Nera) - 1 vote

B5 (Saguenay) - 1 vote

C3 (Kumano) - 9 votes

C5 (Z18) - 5 votes

D4 (New Orleans) - 1 vote

E1 (Algerie) - 1 vote

Kumano has a slight lead, but it's still very close! Thank you all for the support! We can beat the alliance this week!

Vote Kumano!

Much as I enjoy your enthusiasm for historical significance, Fif, Kumano is not the only belle on the board who fought on the 24th and 25th of October, 1944. You're leaving out quite a heavy hitter. The girl I'm referring to is of course the battleship Nevada, who fought in the battle of surigao straight in the early morning hours before The battle of Samar.

Along with many of her standard battleship comrades who were attacked at pearl harbor, she laid a trap for Nishimura's southern force. As Nishimura's column exited the mouth of Surigao straight, they were sighted by one of the waiting destroyer groups. American PT boats moved in to attack first, but didn't score any hits. Immediately after, two volume of American destroyers made torpedo runs, scoring several hits on Fuso and the leading destroyers in the Japanese column. Finally, the American battleships opened fire, obliterating Mogami and Yamashiro. Shigure was the only Japanese ship to survive the trap.

I would much appreciate if Nevada got some love as well. She fought hard too.

(She's D1 on the board)

Much as I enjoy your enthusiasm for historical significance, Fif, Kumano is not the only belle on the board who fought on the 24th and 25th of October, 1944. You're leaving out quite a heavy hitter. The girl I'm referring to is of course the battleship Nevada, who fought in the battle of surigao straight in the early morning hours before The battle of Samar.

Along with many of her standard battleship comrades who were attacked at pearl harbor, she laid a trap for Nishimura's southern force. As Nishimura's column exited the mouth of Surigao straight, they were sighted by one of the waiting destroyer groups. American PT boats moved in to attack first, but didn't score any hits. Immediately after, two volume of American destroyers made torpedo runs, scoring several hits on Fuso and the leading destroyers in the Japanese column. Finally, the American battleships opened fire, obliterating Mogami and Yamashiro. Shigure was the only Japanese ship to survive the trap.

I would much appreciate if Nevada got some love as well. She fought hard too.

(She's D1 on the board)

"Obliterating" Mogami and Yamashiro?

I don't know, but I read Anthony Tully's book, and it seems that both ships held up rather impressively, considering the deluge of fire they were getting. Sure, they ended up being crippled and slowly sinking, but his narration says that they did not exactly disintegrate under the enemy fire.

I figured she was there, and knew about the Pearl Harbor force at Surigao. I wasn't entirely sure that she was though, so I did add "to the best of my knowledge." However, That was quite the methodical and mechanical victory, the Japanese never stood a chance. For this reason I decided to focus on the underdogs that won. I've got a personal soft spot for Taffy 3 anyway, and their conflict is worth representing. You're not gonna make me change my mind Ninja, and you're not gonna split the vote for Kumano.

This week, the individuals deserve a win.

Archived