Black Chicken Studios Forums

Captain's Association, Round 36: Vote by Sunday, 3/5, Afternoon, PST

Legate of Mineta

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, as I keep saying, Rodney is not confirmed. The reason I'm voting for Nagato is because she's the only one of the BIG 7 who has so far been confirmed, and therefore is the one we have the highest chance of getting, even though there's not a picture on the board. We actually have a better chance of getting Nagato than we do of getting anything from a vague "morgana" vote.

There were a lot of people who thought that even a vote for a specific Morgana would bring nothing.

The Morganeers proved them wrong. :)

On that particular instance we had a specific Morgana to vote for, namely Avarice. A general vague Morgana vote won't have the same results.

You all seem to like the enemy more than a noble imperial battleship! 裏切り者! You all deserve to jump into the sea. Maybe your precious Morgana will let you join their crew. There is no place for traitors in this navy.

On that particular instance we had a specific Morgana to vote for, namely Avarice. A general vague Morgana vote won't have the same results.

We had a face only, not a name. Until the interview, Avarice was code-named Dark Days of September, remember?

There are three Morgana for which we have not only names, but definite faces:

Treason, Asphyxiation and Delusion.

78a21390d5dd527f455a76a7af662faa_origina

That's hardly vague, Ninjapacman.

You all seem to like the enemy more than a noble imperial battleship! 裏切り者! You all deserve to jump into the sea. Maybe your precious Morgana will let you join their crew. There is no place for traitors in this navy.

The nine Belles that have been ever-so-patiently waiting for months for their turn to be interviewed could brand this obsession with this "BIG 7" of yours as traitorous.

I may be the pickiest eater of all here

(If I could only have a fleet of six subs and Hans Ludemann in the wings to keep them repaired, I would be unstoppable! UNSTOPPABLE!! Muahahahahha!) :P

...but I still look forward to the interviews from every Belle. It sounds to me as if you already have a place - or seven - reserved in your fleet. Give these that we still have on the board a chance, too.

...That goes for the Morganeers as well, Freespace.

Know Thine Enemy is important, but Know Thyself, too.

While this spirited discussion is nice and all, I just want my sandvich...

...Why do I have this image of Mahan hiding near a basket snare with a sandvich for bait? ;)

@Panay's Ghost

I remember quite well. I was just saying that we were voting for a specific morgana, and named the morgana it ended up being. I apologize if my wording caused confusion. As for the rest, I wasn't suggesting that we didn't have any specific morgana to vote for this time, but merely that I have yet to see anyone vote for one of those, as I am perfectly aware of them, but the only votes I found in this thread were labelled "Morgana". Find me a single vote for Asphyxiation, Delusion, or Treason previously in this thread and I'll delete this post.

As for the Big 7, they're quite important historically as the only 7 battleships allowed by the Washington Naval Treaties to carry powerful 16" guns. By name they are Nagato, Mutsu, Rodney, Nelson, Colorado, West Virginia, and Maryland. I feel that due to their historical significance, it would be great to interview at least one of the set before the game goes live, as I don't know that the interviews will continue after the game goes live. Since Nagato is the only one of them who has been mentioned and confirmed by BCS so far, and therefore the one we have the highest chance of getting if we win the vote (considering BCS have been known to keep secrets secret even if we voted for their reveal). As for my apparent fleet reservations, I believe you have looked a bit far into my campaign for something that I believe is necessary but is rather unrelated to my future gameplay.

I'm sorry for the belles who have been waiting for months, but I would have been voting for Nagato for those months had I discovered her sooner. As it is, I only found her recently, along with similar mentions of HMS Orion, Aoba, Takao, and Gneisenau.

For those interested, this is where I found Nagato on the main kickstarter page:

5mbzn8.jpg

?

D'oh! Treason, Asphyxiation, Delusion...and Despair.

@Panay's Ghost

I remember quite well. I was just saying that we were voting for a specific morgana, and named the morgana it ended up being. I apologize if my wording caused confusion. As for the rest, I wasn't suggesting that we didn't have any specific morgana to vote for this time, but merely that I have yet to see anyone vote for one of those, as I am perfectly aware of them, but the only votes I found in this thread were labelled "Morgana". Find me a single vote for Asphyxiation, Delusion, or Treason previously in this thread and I'll delete this post.

As for the Big 7, they're quite important historically as the only 7 battleships allowed by the Washington Naval Treaties to carry powerful 16" guns. By name they are Nagato, Mutsu, Rodney, Nelson, Colorado, West Virginia, and Maryland. I feel that due to their historical significance, it would be great to interview at least one of the set before the game goes live, as I don't know that the interviews will continue after the game goes live. Since Nagato is the only one of them who has been mentioned and confirmed by BCS so far, and therefore the one we have the highest chance of getting if we win the vote (considering BCS have been known to keep secrets secret even if we voted for their reveal). As for my apparent fleet reservations, I believe you have looked a bit far into my campaign for something that I believe is necessary but is rather unrelated to my future gameplay.

I'm sorry for the belles who have been waiting for months, but I would have been voting for Nagato for those months had I discovered her sooner. As it is, I only found her recently, along with similar mentions of HMS Orion, Aoba, Takao, and Gneisenau.

For those interested, this is where I found Nagato on the main kickstarter page:

5mbzn8.jpg

You are quite free to vote for Nagato. But, like voting for the Morganas, you run up against the same issue as the Marganeers: even if, say Treason were to get a majority of the vote, there's no guarantee there would be an interview the next week...and with Treason, we know for sure she's in the game. Yes, I'll agree that your evidence points to the liklihood of Nagato being a Belle. But you only have a name and a strong hunch, Ninjapacman.

As you pointed out, she may be a Belle and the majority could vote for her and BCS could still decide not to.

I prefer two Destroyers in hand to the Battleship with the big bore* in the bush**.

* That sounds so wrong...

**...Never mind, that sounds worse... :blush:

She's catch me in it long before Henley got there XD

When did I say the trap was for Henley? :P

There's more than one way for a Belle to get a captain... ;)

Archived