Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 17 Bugs

Schwarzbart

The Brew description has typos:

Concoctions, potions, drinks, and general curiousities are all apart of the same process.

should be

Concoctions, potions, drinks, and general curiosities are all a part of the same process.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/04/2017 at 1:06 AM, Metis said:

Color is different, yes. Here's his portrait for reference:

Carmine_Sturzo.png

...I thought that was a woman. Can I play as him but as a female? That would be so cool! Can someone make a mod for that? I'd be very happy for that.

Also what are current major bugs in DLC 17? Anything to look out for? I'd like to just jump in and go, without having much spoiled (and knowing which skills or whatever to avoid until it's fixed), so I haven't read this thread yet (compared to reading up about the game before and not actually playing it like before, haha!).

Also hello! Nice to see you all again!

The only major bugs that remain, as far as I recall, is starting the game in a one person Clique (which bugs out some of the intended mechanics) and Cosetta's Conspiracy being available to all colleges instead of just Avila. Probably a few others as well, but, eh, *shrugs*.

5 hours ago, Metis said:

The only major bugs that remain, as far as I recall, is starting the game in a one person Clique (which bugs out some of the intended mechanics) and Cosetta's Conspiracy being available to all colleges instead of just Avila. Probably a few others as well, but, eh, *shrugs*.

Oh, I thought that was fixed in the 3.0.9 version?

It says fix for 1-person clique.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/533480/announcements/detail/2529180031908639820

Thanks for the reply! :)

Oh alright. What kind of things does it break? I haven't played the game yet, and didn't look much into cliques. In that case I might wait a week or so and see if it gets fixed, but on the other hand if I do that I might start postponing the game because of new bugs that will pop up as usual - is there any indication if the new update will be soon?
It's actually kind of funny/ironic, now that I realize that every time a new patch or DLC comes out, new bugs appear, so the game is always bugged in some way or another.

Where there any important bugs in DLC 16, the one where you could skip classes freely? It would be fun to install that version (I have base game installer + that patch on my PC) and try it out too after seeing how the game is meant to be "properly" played, ie. without skipping classes and getting no detention.

To my knowledge it only breaks getting into NPC Cliques, since you're technically in a Clique and so the game interprets your attempt at Befriending an NPC student in a clique as wanting to steal that student, rather than join his/her Clique.

No ETA on patches, but IIRC the Legate let slip that the internal testing version he has has the bug fixed, so presumably the next patch will fix it? No guarantees.

Class skipping was in DLC 16, yes. Or rather the outdated patch it shipped with. CTD when viewing the log of a day where you cashed in a favor, as Schwarzbart notes. I think it also had a CTD bug regarding your Familiar getting stress? No clue, I've never seen it. As for trying it, it's possible. At least with DLC 16, I've not tested if it works with DLC 17, but it does work. Thing is that it also has the old UI, so if you thought the font was microscopic before...

Several options during Oan's adventure don't mention what skills they test, 'far as I remember. And IIRC there was one instance where it claimed to test a different skill than it actually did, I think during the second to last stage where you check the ingredients for Oan's spell.

Archived