Black Chicken Studios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
musical74

DLC 17 now?

When I purchased Academagia and I found out about DLC 16, I downloaded that. Now, I see that there is DLC 17, what does this one include? I didn't purchase it through Steam, THINK I purchased it directly from the company. (checks, 10/182016) I had to fiddle a little bit to get the game to work - Win7 X64, had to change a setting I think. Where would I go to get the latest stuff - or is it worth it? If it's mostly behind the scenes stuff I probably won't bother. If it makes the game run smoother or adds a fair amount of new content, just need to know where to DL this and what to expect!

*if this is wrong area please move to right area*

As for what to expect, DLC 17 doesn't add as much content as DLC 16 did, but it adds a fair bit, especially for Avila students. In terms of other changes, primarily the UI got updated so it's no longer as stuck in 2010 as it was. Which is a good thing.

primarily the UI got updated so it's no longer as stuck in 2010 as it was. Which is a good thing.

Ahhh.... For the most part.

Agreed.

Now if only we could get something on Y2...

Hmmm.... it makes it sound like I would have to reinstall the game if I got DLC 17, and since I enjoy being Hedi not sure how the Avila piece would work.. There's also the fact that I think I ordered it directly as opposed to Steam, it was a BMT transaction. I don't have the receipt anymore either (just the date that I installed the game)... I don't really have problems with the UI so I MIGHT just say *eh, heck with it*.

It's not just Avila stuff, but a fair share of it is. As for re-installing, you would have to. The UI update changed practically if not literally everything, so it could not be shipped with a regular patch as that would end up including most if not the entire game. Re-downloading is mandatory if you want the new UI.

Redownloading is mandatory even if all you want is DLC17