Black Chicken Studios Forums

Question about Sima Venesico

Rhialto

So, in my latest playthrough, I finished the adventure for Sima Venesico, following which I increased my male Character's relationship with her to 11. Yet my character did not receive the Affection emotion. Why is this? I have unlocked that emotion in another playthrough with a male Character using Prudence Cossins, so I wonder if it is a bug related to Sima Venesico.

As far as Sima Venesico's quest, I hope that it may be leading to further content in Y2. Who wants her to create such artifacts, what is her real intellectual capacity (4 Intelligence means that she should be no slouch), and of course a new quest from her to create an artifact are all Y2 adventures that I can think of for her.

• 1 month later...
On ‎08‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 0:56 AM, Legate of Mineta said:

I *may* be wrong, but I don't think Affection is guaranteed- rather, it can happen any time you raise a Relationship past the cap.

But that's my memory of discussion which are now almost a decade old, so...;)

Either way, I sent it over, so we'll see!

The Legate said it "can" happen in the quoted post so it is random if you get it with a specific NPC or not.

If I remember right in one of my games where I filled the requirement it took weeks till it suddenly showed up.

Are you sure that affection is random? What is the chance of success? because I have never had affection fail to trigger with the character Prudence Cossins - but then, in fairness, her maximum relationship can be raised to 12.

@Legate of Mineta: is there only one chance to get the affection emotion per character? because I finally had a game in which I raised my character's relationship with Prudence Cossins to 12 but did not get affection. or will there be ways in Y2 to get affection also even with characters with 11+ relationships?

Archived