Black Chicken Studios Forums

Academagia's Development during 2017

Rhialto

23 minutes ago, Rhialto said:

has there been any material that has been cut from Y2 in an attempt to speed its release?

I seriously doubt you'll get an answer to that until after Y2 releases.

23 minutes ago, Rhialto said:

And roughly how soon after the release of the final content patch will Y2 be released?

That would require a timeframe which the poor Legate hasn't dared to put out since I caught him saying "Next year" 3 years in a row. It was in my sigi at one point.

I know, but I am hopeful. The Steam release of Y1 and its final fixes  seems to be a big milestone, and the Legate seems to have been giving more answers recently that suggest that we will be able to play Y2 in order to gain answers directly. See, for example, my question about Asmita's heritage.

3 hours ago, Rhialto said:

I was just wondering, has there been any material that has been cut from Y2 in an attempt to speed its release?

Our patience. 

But in seriousness Y1 had some corners cut so the game could be released but the way I see it the team tries to cut as little as possible if anything now which is why it takes forever to complete that thing.

That or the devs are in reality aliens living in a world orbiting a dark hole. Which in insight could explain many things.

1 hour ago, isadorbg said:

That or the devs are in reality aliens living in a world orbiting a dark hole. Which in insight could explain many things.

Many, many things.

But it wouldn't help me to withstand the dire lack of Academagian sequels these past long, dire years of boredom. *hint, hint*

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Rhialto said:

Can Y2 still be released this year?

The short answer is no. It's obvious.

• Y1 still isn't finished being worked on.
  • From the legate's comments, it's fairly certain that there will be an invitation only beta for Y2. If it's anything like the Steam release beta it should last at least a couple of months.
  • We've not heard a thing about the Y2 save converter, which needs to be tested prior to release, and will be the last thing worked on

I wouldn't expect anything regarding Y2 for a least a half a year AFTER Y1 is *final^ and that's a bare, bare, minimum time frame. You'd be better off asking the Legate aboiut a particular facet of Y2 that you're interested in than asking it's release date. We've been waiting for 7 years and that answer hasn't changed at all... Except for in the early days when it changed every year. ;)

As free said as long as the team has not confirmed that Y1 is done:

Not but for real this time.

AND we get that class list

On 01/07/2013 at 7:24 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

The final Class list was approved, but I'm not sure when they will dole that information out. Some interesting advanced courses, hee hee. :)

Which will get anytime now. Relatively speaking of course !

AND the Y2 modtools which will get S\inftyⁿ ! :)

I don't even anticipate Y2 anytime close.

The final Class list was approved, but I'm not sure when they will dole that information out. Some interesting advanced courses, hee hee.

Was that really mentioned in 2013!? How long has the Team been holding out on us?

Legate, surely the Y2 class list information should be released soon? You do intend to release it before Y2, right? I vaguely remember you mentioning that as well, but it must have been some time ago. Can you tell us if the team has a good reason for holding out on us?

Archived