Black Chicken Studios Forums

Beta Candidate #5: No Go & Swab the Decks!

Legate of Mineta

Captains, here's the record of Vote #5.

Beta Candidate #5: No Go

The Backend swarm is winding down, although there's a lot of cleanup and swabbing of the deck that remains. The testing and remediation of any compatibility issues will need to be completed before we can resume the work backlog. Currently, the Team is beginning their first pass on the Client.

The final tally was Not Applicable, due to swabbing the deck.

The outstanding work remains incomplete:

1) Gameflow QA
2) Weapons Detail UI Overhaul
3) Simple Player Combat Log
4*) Production Overhaul
5*) Range & Fuel Consumption

#4 and #5 *may* be completed within the KS Beta itself.

The Team will hold the next vote in mid-August.

Once the compatibility testing is complete, we'll know about cross device accounts, which may be affected. The crest of the wave has passed, and we're sailing for safe harbor now!

Guess we will have to wait at least another month.

Gonna be honest though it would be nice to get a bit more information on the progress since the list hasnt changed since last month and some points go back to the very first vote.

I will wait patiently but it would just be nice to know.

To my understanding, The team recently completed the Back issues and now your turning thr different teams attentions back to their respective projects?

20 minutes ago, Procyon said:

I'm kinda curious what was the nay vs yay vote this time...

There wasn't a vote, all departments were working on the issue that arose last month and it wasn't until now that they finally completed fixing the problem. Now the departments can finally work on their individual projects (the list).

*Fidget intensifies*

No no, still being patient. I'd rather have a better product later than a rushed product now. Keep up the good work.

6 hours ago, RockyArby said:

There wasn't a vote, all departments were working on the issue that arose last month and it wasn't until now that they finally completed fixing the problem. Now the departments can finally work on their individual projects (the list).

Oh!  Alright! Well...time to wait and hope.

12 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

I can only assume the August vote will be successful.  Then we shall launch on sept 1st. It's not a coincidence.  Why would you think that?

but i'm going to be away from my computer between the 9th to the 22nd please tell me the beta will be more than a month long

On 7/13/2017 at 0:51 AM, Käpt'n Korky said:

*sips disappointed on his morning coffee*

Well good luck then. I'm looking forward to August vote.  

It would be nice to read immediately if any more complications arise. But hopefully they won't.

Also just a reminder.

*keeps on sipping*

I definitely agree with your "reminder" post there. Makes a lot more sense than the modern "We call it a beta, but it's really just an early release" thing that sometimes happens these days. Even if I won't be in on the beta :(  I'm still looking forward to it. The sooner the beta comes the sooner the actual release hits.

• 1 month later...

Archived