RockyArby

Victory Belles Lore questions

107 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, lazarusdw said:

well I believe that in past updates it's been said that belles have a supernatural way of communicating with self's at least beyond that is unknown. As for civilian ships having belles I doubt it but pindi is just a civilian with guns strapped to her. Which would imply that any armed ship can have a belle regardless of if they are a warship or not

@Fifrein It's also hinted the host, all theories take a cruise ship into account, has a Walküre and it could be revealed on release day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Käpt'n Korky said:

@Fifrein It's also hinted the host, all theories take a cruise ship into account, has a Walküre and it could be revealed on release day.

 

57 minutes ago, lazarusdw said:

well I believe that in past updates it's been said that belles have a supernatural way of communicating with self's at least beyond that is unknown. As for civilian ships having belles I doubt it but pindi is just a civilian with guns strapped to her. Which would imply that any armed ship can have a belle regardless of if they are a warship or not

 

"...beyond that is unknown." 

That is why I ask, Lazarus. I believe at the very least the first half of this is worth getting an answer from the devs on, no? We know they can communicate with themselves, with other belles, and to an extent, have a supernatural connection with Morgana. But, we have no information on their ability to communicate with mundane vessels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fifrein said:

 

 

"...beyond that is unknown." 

That is why I ask, Lazarus. I believe at the very least the first half of this is worth getting an answer from the devs on, no? We know they can communicate with themselves, with other belles, and to an extent, have a supernatural connection with Morgana. But, we have no information on their ability to communicate with mundane vessels. 

oh i agree i was just saying whats been said, and belles do have memories from before they were awoken which would imply that any ship has an awareness now weather if they can communcate with belles well only the devs can answer that and i liked to know too

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 3:08 PM, Käpt'n Korky said:

Well your list brings up some interesting questions:

A: How deep is the Potomac-River in Washington D.C.? And which state parliaments are near a reachable body of water?

B: Can a Walküre ask for "retirement"? I think at a time of need, like now, not. But generally speaking.

Gut dass wir uns um so etwas keine Gedanken machen müssen.....

The real issue for A is the distance that a previous lore update gave us that Belles can go beyond their hulls is about 30ft. So while the Potomac may have the depth to park a destroyer on her, I don't think the Potomac ever comes within 30ft of the US Capital building.

B. Probably not? That's the downside of being equipment as well as an officer. I'm sure they can be retired on their ship being decommissioned, but the form that would take... Hmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TwoHeavens said:

The real issue for A is the distance that a previous lore update gave us that Belles can go beyond their hulls is about 30ft. So while the Potomac may have the depth to park a destroyer on her, I don't think the Potomac ever comes within 30ft of the US Capital building.

B. Probably not? That's the downside of being equipment as well as an officer. I'm sure they can be retired on their ship being decommissioned, but the form that would take... Hmm.

well it's been said that all a belle needs to live is. For their hull to be intact all else can be taken away. And maybe bring the hull on land as a building. Also what lore update said 30ft was the maximum distance they could be from their ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have to look it up, but I believe it was mentioned in and around the Kongou interview. 

The sheer cost of dragging a warship ashore  and near a government building would be insane. In the end I don't think political Belles will be something in the cards. For retirement I suppose that, assuming Belles remain post Morgana, would look much like it looks for warships now. The mothball fleet is the fate for most warships, which would probably end up looking like a cross with a retirement village. Some ships would be moved to various ports and rivers as museums just like now... but I worry about how they'd be treated by the governments of their homelands. Keeping warships afloat is expensive after all, and it's certainly not worth keeping every say Iowa class battleship in active service and updated like USS Wisconsin was/is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Related to the last bit of this update: What recipes did Gneisenau send to Belfast and how did the results of the recipes turn out? I want details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now