Black Chicken Studios Forums

Victory Belles Lore questions

RockyArby

42 minutes ago, lazarusdw said:

well I believe that in past updates it's been said that belles have a supernatural way of communicating with self's at least beyond that is unknown. As for civilian ships having belles I doubt it but pindi is just a civilian with guns strapped to her. Which would imply that any armed ship can have a belle regardless of if they are a warship or not

@Fifrein It's also hinted the host, all theories take a cruise ship into account, has a Walküre and it could be revealed on release day.

14 minutes ago, Käpt'n Korky said:

@Fifrein It's also hinted the host, all theories take a cruise ship into account, has a Walküre and it could be revealed on release day.

57 minutes ago, lazarusdw said:

well I believe that in past updates it's been said that belles have a supernatural way of communicating with self's at least beyond that is unknown. As for civilian ships having belles I doubt it but pindi is just a civilian with guns strapped to her. Which would imply that any armed ship can have a belle regardless of if they are a warship or not

"...beyond that is unknown." 

That is why I ask, Lazarus. I believe at the very least the first half of this is worth getting an answer from the devs on, no? We know they can communicate with themselves, with other belles, and to an extent, have a supernatural connection with Morgana. But, we have no information on their ability to communicate with mundane vessels. 

1 hour ago, Fifrein said:

"...beyond that is unknown." 

That is why I ask, Lazarus. I believe at the very least the first half of this is worth getting an answer from the devs on, no? We know they can communicate with themselves, with other belles, and to an extent, have a supernatural connection with Morgana. But, we have no information on their ability to communicate with mundane vessels. 

oh i agree i was just saying whats been said, and belles do have memories from before they were awoken which would imply that any ship has an awareness now weather if they can communcate with belles well only the devs can answer that and i liked to know too

On 4/23/2018 at 3:08 PM, Käpt'n Korky said:

Well your list brings up some interesting questions:

A: How deep is the Potomac-River in Washington D.C.? And which state parliaments are near a reachable body of water?

B: Can a Walküre ask for "retirement"? I think at a time of need, like now, not. But generally speaking.

Gut dass wir uns um so etwas keine Gedanken machen müssen.....

The real issue for A is the distance that a previous lore update gave us that Belles can go beyond their hulls is about 30ft. So while the Potomac may have the depth to park a destroyer on her, I don't think the Potomac ever comes within 30ft of the US Capital building.

B. Probably not? That's the downside of being equipment as well as an officer. I'm sure they can be retired on their ship being decommissioned, but the form that would take... Hmm.

4 hours ago, TwoHeavens said:

The real issue for A is the distance that a previous lore update gave us that Belles can go beyond their hulls is about 30ft. So while the Potomac may have the depth to park a destroyer on her, I don't think the Potomac ever comes within 30ft of the US Capital building.

B. Probably not? That's the downside of being equipment as well as an officer. I'm sure they can be retired on their ship being decommissioned, but the form that would take... Hmm.

well it's been said that all a belle needs to live is. For their hull to be intact all else can be taken away. And maybe bring the hull on land as a building. Also what lore update said 30ft was the maximum distance they could be from their ship

I'd have to look it up, but I believe it was mentioned in and around the Kongou interview. 

The sheer cost of dragging a warship ashore  and near a government building would be insane. In the end I don't think political Belles will be something in the cards. For retirement I suppose that, assuming Belles remain post Morgana, would look much like it looks for warships now. The mothball fleet is the fate for most warships, which would probably end up looking like a cross with a retirement village. Some ships would be moved to various ports and rivers as museums just like now... but I worry about how they'd be treated by the governments of their homelands. Keeping warships afloat is expensive after all, and it's certainly not worth keeping every say Iowa class battleship in active service and updated like USS Wisconsin was/is.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Are there any belles who can't work with each other? Obviously there's personality clashes and nationalistic tensions, but are there belles that simply cannot be allowed near each other without risk of violence or issues in combat? Conversely do certain belles work better together than other belles?

6 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

TH;

Mechanically, you mean? No, all Belles can work with one another regardless of story, nationality or personality.

There are some great RP reasons to keep certain Belles apart, though. :)

Like Rawa and the Ugly Sisters (Cause Rawa would turn them back into Kruppstahl) or Hood and (when she eventually comes out) Bismarck (Cause Hood would pull the same magic trick Rawa did and *poof* Bizzy is now a pile of Kruppstahl)

20 hours ago, Wellington99 said:

Like Rawa and the Ugly Sisters (Cause Rawa would turn them back into Kruppstahl) or Hood and (when she eventually comes out) Bismarck (Cause Hood would pull the same magic trick Rawa did and *poof* Bizzy is now a pile of Kruppstahl)

Hiryu and Chiyoda that is all

I believe of the girls who should not be with each other, several of the French and British girls might be utterly insufferable if in the same room.  I'd also think some of the spanish belles would be impossible to put together, for reasons best known by our own @Dmnt  On the other hand, some of the british and american girls will probably get along rather swimmingly, (or sailingly, if I want to make the worst possible pun out of it) such as Perth (actually she's australian, but it's all part of the commonwealth) and Houston, grim as the story behind that friendship is.  On the other hand, a girl like Lexington might find herself a little bit above relations with snooty redcoats....

Interesting relations I'd like to see would be such as those between say Nenohi and Stewart, who, besides being on complete opposite sides of the conflict, are both bubbly baskets of energy.  I think it would be hard for them not to be friends.  On the other hand, if Nenohi were to be placed next to someone such as Diether Von Roeder, I think Diether would have a fit at the impropriety of a girl from such a notably respectable and disciplined country. 

Edited by Ninjapacman

As far as lore questions go, I have a relatively minor one I think the ladies would rather not answer. It would be interesting to see what they come up with though, so I present the query anyways.  

What do the belles look for in a captain?  I know some of them prefer very unconventional things.  For example, rather than an experienced and proficient tactician, I believe Henley would choose her commander from a list of fine chefs.  U-29 might choose them for their more inquisitive and curious minds, rather than the knowledge they already possess.  So what other quirks do you fine ladies seek out in your search for a Commander?

I also wonder what their reaction is to certain *ehem* propaganda of them used to improve morale of the men and women. Mahan's reaction especially would be hilarious

18 hours ago, Wellington99 said:

I also wonder what their reaction is to certain *ehem* propaganda of them used to improve morale of the men and women. Mahan's reaction especially would be hilarious

Yes, or how Bulldog would react to that "morale heightening propaganda" pic of your "Pupper", you hide in your captains quarter behind the depiction of the battle of Waterloo. 

I think what the fellows before me where trying to say was how would Belles react to "fan" stuff?

I brought this up in the Discord recently. I would be curious about their thoughts on it. Like, how would Belles react when they find out about their own fanclubs? Would female USO singers be dressed up as Nevada or New Orleans to ride the popularity wave? Would stag magazines have Belle pin-ups? .....Tijuana bibles?

What about official government-sanctioned stuff? Maybe for a cartoon instead of Donald Duck in Nazi Hell-land, it's Henley (don't worry, it was all a bad nightmare and she was in the free US this whole time)? What about the thoughts of the Nazi or Soviet belles on their respective countries' propaganda posters?

57 minutes ago, Käpt'n Korky said:

Yes, or how Bulldog would react to that "morale heightening propaganda" pic of your "Pupper", you hide in your captains quarter behind the depiction of the battle of Waterloo. 

Who let you into my- ehem. I mean... Whatever are you on about?

• 2 weeks later...

Also what rights and protections do belles have. they have navel rank so they have the rights and protections of navel personal but do they have more than that. would scrapping a ship with a belle be legal or murder. I wonder how would belles feel about being converted into civilian ships after the war

1 hour ago, lazarusdw said:

i wonder how similar biologically speaking are belles to humans. We know they can eat but do they need too do they have the same organs as a human. or are they only human in appearance

This question has been answered before in the General Questions thread.  If I recall correctly (I don't keep exact notes, but my memory isn't bad for these sorts of things.) They are biologically identical, but none of the functions work.  It's basically as they will it.  It's different from belle to belle, depending on how they decide to live their lives, as some don't even appear to the crew, but in general the ones that do manifest themselves keep it in appearance only.  When they do eat and drink and such, it's mainly for pleasure, and there are no actual biological functions at work unless they want there to be.  If a belle wants to get drunk, then with copious amounts of alcohol, she can.  If a belle doesn't want to be human, she can effectively eliminate the function of anything biological and not need to eat or drink whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, Ninjapacman said:

This question has been answered before in the General Questions thread.  If I recall correctly (I don't keep exact notes, but my memory isn't bad for these sorts of things.) They are biologically identical, but none of the functions work.  It's basically as they will it.  It's different from belle to belle, depending on how they decide to live their lives, as some don't even appear to the crew, but in general the ones that do manifest themselves keep it in appearance only.  When they do eat and drink and such, it's mainly for pleasure, and there are no actual biological functions at work unless they want there to be.  If a belle wants to get drunk, then with copious amounts of alcohol, she can.  If a belle doesn't want to be human, she can effectively eliminate the function of anything biological and not need to eat or drink whatsoever.

interesting if that's true then belles should be able to have children. If they want to perhaps we will see Demi-belles. Hopefully a happy ending for all

1 minute ago, lazarusdw said:

interesting if that's true then belles should be able to have children. If they want to perhaps we will see Demi-belles. Hopefully a happy ending for all

That, my friend, is still uncharted territory.  I don't think it's really something to be discussed for the '39 release of the game, unless Legate has some special input...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ninjapacman said:

That, my friend, is still uncharted territory.  I don't think it's really something to be discussed for the '39 release of the game, unless Legate has some special input...

I'm just toying with the idea of writing a story about HMS Victory having a son and him having a sort of second sight. Also being able to go to wherever the belles go when not in the physical world. Before I forget victory will have a coat with 104 flintlock pistols

9 hours ago, lazarusdw said:

I'm just toying with the idea of writing a story about HMS Victory having a son and him having a sort of second sight. Also being able to go to wherever the belles go when not in the physical world. Before I forget victory will have a coat with 104 flintlock pistols

what the hell did I write last night