Black Chicken Studios Forums
RockyArby

Victory Belles Lore questions

Probably the third option:  if land masses- no matter how tiny- can get a Belle that simply, there'd be no stopping the race to ship-ify every dinky island in every ocean, sea and lake.  ...And then there's the continents (spoiler: The Good Ship Europa would be a basket case)...

From my understanding of Shinto, any thing suitably sublime enough may become a home for a kami.

My suspicion is that if that thing can't be sunk, the kami residing in it isn't a ship's spirit.

Not sure if considered a lore question or not, but what is considered a Belle's birthday? Is it her launch or commission date?

belles name after places have a hyper awareness of that place when docked thier. that could be useful i wonder if USS Mississippi has the same kinda awareness when docked at Gulfport, mississippi?

2 my main point about belle subs max depth was about the belles themself not thier hulls which i think was answered but I also wanted to know if belles could operate outside thier hulls while at depth would be nice to know.

side not if thiers anything i can do to help 29 in her experiment about captian-Belle telepathic conection then i am willing to do so.

the anwers to the hull question was interesting going to do some testing of my own.

now the old question have been anwersed time for some new one

do belles mind using the equipment other nations?

do non navy captains bring anything new with when they take command?

have the belles had any impacted on culture be it music or art?

(I swear when i heared this song i thought they were singing about belfast )

what can a captain realisticly do against morgarners sinces one snuck aboard during hood interiew. i've personally taken to carring a limpet mine around on my person. also could you ask nagato to see if she can get some smoke bombs from [REDACTED]

Last question Nautilus talked about captain Nemo now i am sure she was just pulling are leg but the possablity can't be ignored. so can you ask HMS Ajax's if she feels any connection to War Rocket Ajax

On 11/9/2019 at 4:48 AM, lazarusdw said:

What can a captain realisticly do against morgarners sinces one snuck aboard during hood interiew. i've personally taken to carring a limpet mine around on my person. also could you ask nagato to see if she can get some smoke bombs from [REDACTED]

The morgana in the interview seems to have been for the purposes of the interview, and lore-wise is likely not possible in universe.  Just in case though, I’m not sure why you’d carry a mine, as that seems rather impractical, or why you’d ask Nagato about obtaining armament.  I’m much happier carrying a saber to repel boarders and more than a couple personal firearms ranging in size from a hunting shotgun to a 1934 production of the absolutely adorable beretta 418.

With talk in the most recent Captains’ meeting surrounding how a belle can travel via turning parts of her ship into other land-based items such as cars (a theory in which I find no credibility) I find myself wondering, if I were to make a sword out of my belle’s hull, (melt a hull plate or fixing and forge it into a blade) would it have the power to strike and harm supernatural foes, such as Morgana?

For myself, the 1911 pistol is a fine workaday weapon for dispensing justice, repeling boarders and at the very least offending a Nixen's frail temperament. I'm also happy to try out my 1897 pattern shotgun on them. A friend of mine at the Ordinance Department is trying to get me one of these new model M1 Carbines. Again not sure it would do much except annoy, but I'm sure that would be enough to give my Belle an opening to counter attack.

A sword is a must. No officer is properly dressed without his or her sword after all. 

Personally I'll take a revolver chambered in 50.BMG so that I may yet have the blessing of John Moses Browning with the ammo taken from Boise. And for melee a boarding axe brutal but effective 

56 minutes ago, Ninjapacman said:

The morgana in the interview seems to have been for the purposes of the interview, and lore-wise is likely not possible in universe.  Just in case though, I’m not sure why you’d carry a mine, as that seems rather impractical, or why you’d ask Nagato about obtaining armament.  I’m much happier carrying a saber to repel boarders and more than a couple personal firearms ranging in size from a hunting shotgun to a 1934 production of the absolutely adorable beretta 418.

With talk in the most recent Captains’ meeting surrounding how a belle can travel via turning parts of her ship into other land-based items such as cars (a theory in which I find no credibility) I find myself wondering, if I were to make a sword out of my belle’s hull, (melt a hull plate or fixing and forge it into a blade) would it have the power to strike and harm supernatural foes, such as Morgana?

The mine was more for anti morgana work. I know a single mine is not going to greatly harm a morgana but hopefully it would give time and space, so as to maneuver to better position preferably behind a belle. 2 if there Japanese don't have a shinobi themed belle I'll be both disappointed and surprised, the smoke bomb has the same job as the mine just a different way to do it.  Your thoughts about turning hull pieces into weapons very interesting