Black Chicken Studios Forums
RockyArby

Victory Belles Lore questions

As a question for Fubuki and Nenohi, since your subclasses, the Akatsukis and Shiratsuyus, are closer than most, do you consider your subclasses as Sister’s as well?  Would Fubuki consider akatsuki to be a sister and would Akatsuki consider the same?

TL;DR, do belles consider closely related subclasses to be sisters?

Two more questions for the list arising from Espero’s story.

Firstly: can a belle be risen from a scrapped ship If the ship is rebuilt, and if so, at what point does it stop being the same girl?  Perhaps if you stop the scrapping of Florida in 1931 once the turrets were removed, would she be different the way a sunk belle returns different, or can you just plop the turrets back on and have classic good ol’ Florida back?

Secondly, The US navy had a habit in the late age of sail or taking pieces from the hull of an obsolete warship being scrapped and using them in the construction of a new ship to save on material cost and time, then calling it a rebuild of the old ship to mask the tactic.  Would such a tactic produce the same belle on said new ship?  Ergo, if we used hull plates from the Atlanta-class USS Atlanta, presuming she wasn’t sunk at Savo, to build the Cleveland-class USS Atlanta, would there be the same belle? (presuming for the sake of argument that the Atlanta class and Cleveland class were more similar than they actually are)

17 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

[...]at what point does it stop being the same girl?  Perhaps if you stop the scrapping of Florida in 1931 once the turrets were removed, would she be different the way a sunk belle returns different, or can you just plop the turrets back on and have classic good ol’ Florida back?

Secondly, The US navy had a habit in the late age of sail or taking pieces from the hull of an obsolete warship being scrapped and using them in the construction of a new ship to save on material cost and time, then calling it a rebuild of the old ship to mask the tactic.  Would such a tactic produce the same belle on said new ship?  Ergo, if we used hull plates from the Atlanta-class USS Atlanta, presuming she wasn’t sunk at Savo, to build the Cleveland-class USS Atlanta, would there be the same belle?

I'm so glad you asked and join the ancient ranks of one of the oldest documented practical philosophical problems known to Europe: 

Is the ship of Theseus still the ship of Theseus? Welcome to the Theseus Paradoxon!

here are some new question and some old ones that i'd luke more details about

new questions

can a belles sense when she has defective equipment load or do they just work as intended even if they should'nt, as we know belles do have supernatural powers

Nautilus talked about captain Nemo now i am sure she was just pulling are leg but the possablity can't be ignored. so can you ask HMS Ajax's if she feels any connection to War Rocket Ajax

leningrad was able to phase a cake through a door can this be done with other objects through diffrent materials

leningrad hinted at that the captain can sense a belle is this a common ability and can the captain develop more

old question that were anwersed but i'd like more detail

belles name after places have a hyper awareness of that place when docked thier. that could be useful i wonder if USS Mississippi has the same kinda awareness when docked at Gulfport, mississippi?

my main point about belle subs max depth was about the belles themself not thier hulls which i think was answered but I also wanted to know if belles could operate outside thier hulls while at depth would be nice to know.(how does a belle compare to a human diver)