Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 17 vs DLC 16

Schwarzbart

I current think about falling back to DLC 16 for a Morvidus and a Godina game to exploit the class skipping bug once again with the changed playstyle I have now :ph34r:.

Now I wonder what the things are that I will missing from DLC 17 beside the new UI ^^.

- The Adventure to unlock the Arithmetic, Geometry and Economy School (hmm yes that would be great to have especial with the extra time I have)

- The Background for the Mastery Library (As I don't plan to go the Mastery path with this 2 college its not that big lost)

- Some new Avila adventures (as I'm not play Avila this time they not really count)

- The Arithmetic adventure even if only for the Arithmancy mentioned (Don't think I will take the Arithmetic class)

- The adventure from the Elegant Service Background (only a nice to have adventure in my opinion, sorry for the author)

- The Spy background adventure (urks never played it because this background can't be taken in combination with a must have one for me)

- The Library Club (As I want to go into Calligraphy that is a good adventure but there is no real follow up in year 1 and it probably will bind to much time in year 2)

- The all you can eat adventure and even more adventure (Yea if I could get it more regular its a great adventure as it give some nice locations and is done in one adventure call but only saw it 2x during beta and then never again)

What else is added in DLC 17 that might be nice to have or even must to have?

For the tasks of the 5. year I actual wonder who came up with the idea that a 1st year should serve both his 2nd year mentor and a 5th year graduating student. OK the player got lucky with Oan not demanding anything but if we got one of the demanding 2nd year instead and also had to serve the whims of a 5. year then school become hell for this 1st year without even considering the normal bullying, prank, magical misshapenning and intrigues.

The mentor thing should honestly start to taper off a bit after Athonos and the senior thing only starts in Kaliri, though, so at least there's a wee bit of a time gap between the two.

EDIT: Also to add to the list: the Relaxation skill is DLC 17 only, as are the Sync research topics (for, I imagine, all the nothing that that matters to your character).

I doubt that the Professor would allow that a senior student commanding a junior to do his biddings during the time of the exams so Kaliri should actual off limit for both mentor and graduating class adventure. Beside if the graduating class adventure is really Kaliri only it should be limit to a maximum of 5 adventure calls from start till finish but I think I had it some months earlier already.

Ohh yes Relaxation is a nice skill and yes I will missing it in a DLC 16 game.

• 1 month later...

I still prefer the overall look of the pre steam version... But mostly due to issues I've mentioned already. When the final cp comes out I may change my mind depending on what gets fixed.

I must confess though that aesthetically speaking the steam version feels awfully brown to me. Not that that's a bad thing, but I do like the more neutral palette of the old version. That and the transparent windows kind of stand out as differences I still prefer on the older version.

Archived