Black Chicken Studios Forums

Seasonal Belles Commission

David J

10 hours ago, Mignonette said:

I should open commissions sometime early next year if all goes well. I could be a third string artist if the other 2 chosen ones are unavailable at the time (that is if David J likes my art enough, lol).

lol I tried

I planning to commission different artist for different commissions as much as possible and I do like your art.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is the water mark version of the Christmas commission and bump as a reminder that Mardi Gras is just a month away. 

Spoiler

Bikini Belles (Bearn) (Diether) Lock

Mardi Gras

Leberecht Maass

Bunny Belles (1 Open votes) (Nenohi)

1 Pola

1 De Ruyter

1 Lexington

1 Kirov

Halloween Belles (2 Open votes)

3 Wicher

1 Voykov

2 Camicia Nera

Rawalpindi 

1 Henley

Winter Belles (2 Open votes)

2 Leningrad

2 Pola

1 Arizona

1 Moskva

1 Canarias

1 D'Aosta

Christmas watermark.png

Spoiler

Bikini Belles (Bearn) (Diether) Lock

Mardi Gras

Leberecht Maass

Bunny Belles (1 Open votes) (Nenohi)

1 Pola

2 De Ruyter

1 Lexington

1 Kirov

Halloween Belles (2 Open votes)

3 Wicher

1 Voykov

2 Camicia Nera

Rawalpindi 

1 Henley

Winter Belles (2 Open votes)

2 Leningrad

2 Pola

1 Arizona

1 Moskva

1 Canarias

1 D'Aosta

So it appears we have four votes (I got one off-line) for Maas and two for Koln for Mardi Gras.  The reasoning against Koln is that we just don't know enough about her and I find that reasoning persuasive even though i voted for Koln.  As David J has mentioned, Mardi Gras is fast upon us and the artist will need time to do her/his thing.  If anyone has a persuasive argument for someone other than Ms Maas to cavort with New Orleans in Mardi Gras finery, you have through Sunday GMT-8 (PST) to state your case.

• 3 weeks later...

Life killed me and I still haven't moved on getting an artist for the Mardi Gras pic.  I'm still wanting to commission it, but I'm pretty sure it'll be released sometime between Mardi Gras (next Tuesday) and Easter.  Sorry, I'm lame. :(

25 minutes ago, DrYuriMom said:

Life killed me and I still haven't moved on getting an artist for the Mardi Gras pic.  I'm still wanting to commission it, but I'm pretty sure it'll be released sometime between Mardi Gras (next Tuesday) and Easter.  Sorry, I'm lame. :(

Understandable, even when you contact artists they won't send a message back, so its kinda a downer. Lucked out with Melisa who is always ready for a commission, been trying to get other artists to commission things no luck so far.

I've reached out to the tried and true and am waiting for a response.  We'll see where it goes given Mardi Gras in New Orleans is a little bit more esoteric than Christmas.

7 hours ago, DrYuriMom said:

I've reached out to the tried and true and am waiting for a response.  We'll see where it goes given Mardi Gras in New Orleans is a little bit more esoteric than Christmas.

Try this person out https://sweetprank.deviantart.com/ they had a fast response, or contact Melisa she is always open for a commission and money though it will take a while to contact her since she lives in Singapore

10 hours ago, Käpt'n Korky said:

@Shirogane What is fat thursday?

Fat Thursday is a traditional Christian feast marking the last Thursday before Lent and is associated with the celebration of Carnival. Because Lent is a time of fasting, the next opportunity to feast would not be until Laetare Sunday, and after that not until Easter. Traditionally it is a day dedicated to eating, when people meet in their homes or cafés with their friends and relatives and eat large quantities of sweets, cakes and other meals usually not eaten during Lent. Among the most popular all-national dishes served on that day are pączki in Poland or berliner, fist-sized donuts filled with rose marmalade, and angel wings (faworki), French dough fingers served with powdered sugar.

23 hours ago, Dmnt said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Thursday
It's basically Mardi Gras' cousin.
I'm surprised you don't know about it. According to Wikipedia, it is celebrated in Germany too(?)

14 hours ago, Shirogane said:

Fat Thursday is a traditional Christian feast marking the last Thursday before Lent and is associated with the celebration of Carnival. Because Lent is a time of fasting, the next opportunity to feast would not be until Laetare Sunday, and after that not until Easter. Traditionally it is a day dedicated to eating, when people meet in their homes or cafés with their friends and relatives and eat large quantities of sweets, cakes and other meals usually not eaten during Lent. Among the most popular all-national dishes served on that day are pączki in Poland or berliner, fist-sized donuts filled with rose marmalade, and angel wings (faworki), French dough fingers served with powdered sugar.

The one links wiki, the other posts it. But thank you anyway. And the german tradition mentioned in the article is vastly different in name and tradition from what elsewhere is considered "Fat thursday". In german it would be "Fetter Donnerstag". I've never heard that particular name in my life, so it was impossible to me to bridge from our tradition to a "universal catholic" tradition.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived