Black Chicken Studios Forums

KS Update 86 Captain's Association: A Party to Remember, Part I

David J

Quite the festive update this time around... or at least the preparation for one.  I'm interested in why Mississippi calls our favorite Turkish Battleship Goeben.  She has been Yavuz for quite some time now, and even though Mississippi is old by belle standards, Goeben became Yavuz a couple years before Mississippi's commissioning.  I think a celebration of 6 to 8 holidays will be quite the party to remember.  Or not remember if Kirov and New Orleans show up once again.  You'll probably wake up on a different fleet entirely halfway across the Atlantic.  I wonder just how many belles you have to gather to unlock this particular cutscene set in-game.

Maybe if you haven't gathered all the "required" belles, the scene will change accordingly, with fewer holidays involved.

Still... after all this time... I still can't comprehend why Leningrad's eyebrows are on top of that cloth-thing from her hat...

2 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

v_L;

The party takes place regardless if you have unlocked Mississippi, but you do need the individual Belles for their scenes, if you want to experience those. ;)

So it's on a scene by scene basis?  You get each belles' scenes as you unlock them?

1 hour ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Ninjapacman;

No, more like you have the option to attend more than the main party if you have unlocked those Belles.

I see.  Will this happen every year, or just 1939?

wow didnt know there were alot of events from other countries around Christmas (well lets just ignore the part where my country celebrates Christmas "way-way" earlier than everyone else) 

i loved it! btw question @Legate of Mineta when does Christmas carol where your from? and everyone else?

3 hours ago, AuraForte said:

when does Christmas carol where your from? and everyone else?

When we sing songs? Uhm, from the day after the sunday which is called "death sunday" (around 5 weeks before Weihnachten) until the 26th, which is 2nd Weihnachtstag.

i see.. wow that is very different to what im used to and how we celebrate Christmas Carols where im from, as children we go around houses in our neighborhood and sing Christmas Songs and expecting to get Candies or money (usually just small coins or change)  a bit like Halloween but it usually starts at the last weeks of November till New Years.

I don't really know about carols, but one thing I can tell you is that in Spain the streets get their Christmas decorations as early as... last weeks of October...

A "common" joke about it is something along the lines of "If they're gonna do it like that, why even bother removing them?"

13 hours ago, Dmnt said:

I don't really know about carols, but one thing I can tell you is that in Spain the streets get their Christmas decorations as early as... last weeks of October...

A "common" joke about it is something along the lines of "If they're gonna do it like that, why even bother removing them?"

In our towns decorations are up around late November, but lit only after death sunday.

14 hours ago, AuraForte said:

i see.. wow that is very different to what im used to and how we celebrate Christmas Carols where im from, as children we go around houses in our neighborhood and sing Christmas Songs and expecting to get Candies or money (usually just small coins or change)  a bit like Halloween but it usually starts at the last weeks of November till New Years.

We don't go around houses. We sing them on several occasions in preparation for christmas and christmas songs get played frequently over the radio.

I wonder if anyone else has an Adventskranz.

Archived