Black Chicken Studios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rhialto

What Triggers are for Y2?

I was wondering if the following triggers could be used to permit players to begin adventures or encounter random events during Y2:

1. Whether a PC or NPC has passed and/or failed a Y1 course.

2. Whether a PC and an NPC have Affection (and/or Love) between each other.

3. Whether the PC and a professor or Regent have a given relationship value.

Similarly, I wonder whether the presence of Affection (and/or Love) between the PC and and NPC and the presence of a relationship of varying strengths between the PC and professor or Regent could be used as the basis for certain choices within random events or adventures.

The second and third are possible in Y1, I'd be very surprised if Y2 took a step backwards with not making it possible.

Would it be possible to use a character's familiarity research level as a trigger? That, is, either by unlocking additional texts/options in an adventure if a character has a given research level (say, Wit 10) or even unlocking new adventures at such levels? This would certainly make Research more rewarding.

@Legate of Mineta

Great news. Now I can finally complete an adventure for Y2 that I have been planning for months!

Any chance of the Team posting within the next few days or weeks a comprehensive list of Y2 improvements/new features?

I'm no longer allowed to share.

Ooh, you'd better not be teasing us with news that it's close. This wait has been like a roller coaster. :(

Is it possible to trigger a choice in an adventure based upon whether the PC is informed of a location?

:huh: Y1 has at least one adventure that does exactly that (the Dream Theory adventure, depends on whether you're informed about the Dimmae Theater), so I'd assume that Y2 could accomplish at least as much...

@Metis: In fairness, I am not asking in terms of unlocking an adventure, but rather unlocking an option within an adventure.

As far as mechanics are concerned they're actually the same thing. Well, in Y1 they are. Y2 might be a completely different story, of course.

Is it possible to trigger a choice in an adventure based upon whether the PC is informed of another character?

@Legate of Mineta: Is there a memory associated with meeting a certain woman in a swamp and tricking her about a certain book? If so, may I know the name of this memory for writing my Y2 adventure? Is there a memory associated with merely meeting this woman in a swamp (not to be confused with Euneycia who lives in a bog)?