Black Chicken Studios Forums

What Triggers are for Y2?

Rhialto

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Legate of Mineta: I am almost done an adventure involving the triplets, and one exit informs the PC about Callo's Tavern and creates a memory. I was wondering if it would be possible to use this memory to trigger an event if the PC, for whatever reason, spends a session in Callo's tavern (or Callo's Tavern: Behind Bar).

@Legate of Mineta: Since you have mentioned that detentions earned in Y1 but not served in Y1 will carry on to Y2, I wonder: will Y2 allow a charcater's being assigned but not having served a detention yet to be a trigger? I ask because one of my adventure plans involves talking about Y2 detentions just before leaving for summer vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

@Legate of Mineta: For my adventure allowing the lore about Prudence Cossins to be incorporated into Y2, I was wanting to structure it in 2 parts. The first would allow the player character to research a topic (Prudence Cossins) in a location. Is it possible to lock the completion of a research topic until the completion of a given in-game event?

As an alternative, if this were not possible, I was thinking that the first stage of the adventure could involve revealing a new location, Prudence's room, that, in addition to a passive bonus when used (and serving as place for researching the topic Prudence Cossins), could have differing detection chances for differing characters (with male Aranaz students being most likely to be caught and female Durand students least likely). Would this be possible?

@Legate of Mineta: Just to clarify, then. Say I have a location (Prudence Cossins's Room) with a base CoD of, say, 10%. I would have the following states taken into account: PC's Sex (male or female), and PC's College (Durand, Aranaz, or Other).

Male PCs would get a + 5% chance of being caught in this location, but female PCs would get a - 5% chance of being caught in this location.

Durand Students would get a -5% of being caught in this location, Aranaz Students would get a +5% chance of being caught in this location, and other students would get a +0% chance of being caught in this location.

Would this type of distribution of CoD be possible?

Or maybe you mean that only addition to CoD is possible, in which case, I would rewrite the CoD as follows.

(Prudence Cossins's Room) with a base CoD of 0%. I would have the following states taken into account: PC's Sex (male or female), and PC's College (Durand, Aranaz, or Other). Male PCs would get a + 5% chance of being caught in this location. Aranaz Students would get a +15% chance of being caught in this location, and other students would get a +10% chance of being caught in this location.

All of my CoDs can be changed and are not final.

Reading your answer, I am not sure.

@Legate of Mineta: Would it be possible to use whether the PC started but did not complete an adventure as a trigger in Y2? I am not thinking of having it used as a trigger for the PC's being able to complete a Y1 adventure during Y2, but there are certain Y1 adventures that, even from their first stages, reveal much information that might be interesting for writing adventures or adventure choices during Y2.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...