Black Chicken Studios Forums

Music/Sound has stopped working

Von-Wulfen

Hi all. Recently purchased the game on steam and have been reading guides as I look through the character creation screens. I just booted up the game intending to complete my first student creation and start playing the game but noticed that there is no longer any music while going through the creation process. All audio seems to have been disabled.
Did I inadvertently press a mute button?
I have verified the game cache through steam, that did not work so I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game, still, there is no longer any audio in the game.
Would really appreciate some help solving this issue as its a bit bland without the lovely soundtrack.

Also, hello to all in the community :)

There's an option to (un)mute the music in the Menu screen, once you've actually started/loaded a game. Beyond that I'm not sure what would cause the audio to be disabled.

Actually, one of the F keys might mute/unmute the music? I haven't gone through all of them, but I know at least two of them serve dark and nefarious mysterious purposes.

3 minutes ago, Metis said:

There's an option to (un)mute the music in the Menu screen, once you've actually started/loaded a game. Beyond that I'm not sure what would cause the audio to be disabled.

Actually, one of the F keys might mute/unmute the music? I haven't gone through all of them, but I know at least two of them serve dark and nefarious mysterious purposes.

Many thanks for the reply :) I have tried every key on the keyboard to no avail, still no audio :( That was part of the vibe I so much liked about the game as well, as I'm very fond of some of the music in the game.

Is there a list of keys and what they do anywhere? I have looked but can't find them.

There's no list that I know of. F12 is the only key you really need to know about anyway (check the quick overview of basic mechanics topic 'bout that).

Probably.

Anyway, did you check the menu and see if the Turn Off Music option is checked? If it's not I don't know what else would cause the music to vanish.

Just now, Metis said:

There's no list that I know of. F12 is the only key you really need to know about anyway (check the quick overview of basic mechanics topic 'bout that).

Probably.

Anyway, did you check the menu and see if the Turn Off Music option is checked? If it's not I don't know what else would cause the music to vanish.

Many thanks again. How do I access the menu do I have to go through my character creation process and start at school before I can access the menu?

You have to go through character creation and get into the game proper, yes. IIRC you no longer have to get to the calender screen, although Gera's letter and any Familiar intro adventure you got (only Pamela, the Platypus and the Doll get one IIRC) wouldn't be hard to go through.

7 minutes ago, Metis said:

You have to go through character creation and get into the game proper, yes. IIRC you no longer have to get to the calender screen, although Gera's letter and any Familiar intro adventure you got (only Pamela, the Platypus and the Doll get one IIRC) wouldn't be hard to go through.

Ok thank you, :)I have been so baffled by the whole character creation thing that I have only been going through it to read all the text etc while trying to research how to play :)

50 minutes ago, Metis said:

You were correct, for some reason it was muted in the game menu once i got in the game after character creation :)

10 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

v-W;

In the past some people's music players have interfered- I'd try closing any background players you may have open. It's a specific bug that we've never quite gotten to the bottom of.

Edit: Really should refresh the thread *first*. :)

It all turned out jolly in the end :)

Archived