Black Chicken Studios Forums

Update 92: Special and Vote

Panay's Ghost

I need more Swayback Maru.  On that note, I think a little fun isn't a problem, and there's only one belle with rudder issues, when clearly there are dozens of belles in the area.  Therefore, I would like to vote Option 1.

17 minutes ago, Ninjapacman said:

I need more Swayback Maru.  On that note, I think a little fun isn't a problem, and there's only one belle with rudder issues, when clearly there are dozens of belles in the area.  Therefore, I would like to vote Option 1.

Other belles being able to move doesn't make you any less torpedo bait.

2 minutes ago, TwoHeavens said:

Other belles being able to move doesn't make you any less torpedo bait.

I knew someone would point that out, and to that I counter; "How much do you want to judge belles in tight leotards doing epic feats of sports?"

Option 3, don't expect a crew to trust you if you can't keep them out of danger. If this were in Port I would be all for but this seems to be an active patrol or transit. No time to be caught without a rudder.

3 hours ago, Ninjapacman said:

I knew someone would point that out, and to that I counter; "How much do you want to judge belles in tight leotards doing epic feats of sports?"

Not nearly enough to die for it. All speed north. Make port in a nice Northern port and I bet we can pull this off without putting ourselves on a silver platter for a Morgana submarine. Or as the Captain, err. We. said, borrowing a handy iceberg. Containers to keep beverages warm are a thing.

Option 2 and a Carrier, bitte. I like nordic skiing. And D'Aosta takes Saltshaker in tow and everybody stays alert.

For your pleasure: https://www.olympic.org/garmisch-partenkirchen-1936

Gosh, the amount of Walküren you need to get that event..... I suspect the [redacted] Walküre to be german or japanese, since they are missing. Now who would insist on "proper conditions" for winter fun, who we haven't met yet?

Also I like the idea because of the possibility to ignite some fire between Canadian and British Belles. The Canadians have a score to settle in ice hockey, I believe? I mean, there's even a picture of the decisive goal of the game between CAN and GBR..... so humiliating.

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely love the part after the captain comes over to Saguenay and is talking to her about skating. Then when she denies it being for figure skating and the Captain asks what  they're for...

Saguenay: Figure skating? I would never.
Captain: Pistols, then. Something violent.
Salt Lake City: O Canada
Captain: Ah, yes.
Captain & Saguenay: Ice hockey.
Captain: Like I said, something violent.
Saguenay: Canadians in the fleet are few and far between, but I will take the Gold from my turncoat countrymen.
Captain: I, uh, guess that's admirable? Just… learn how to stop, please.
Saguenay: I make no promises...
Hide: Saguenay

I was going to grab Saguenay as soon as I could (I'm Canadian, and she's the only Canadian Belle) but after this it just makes me love her all the more. I especially like how Salt Lake went "O Canada..." and it clicks for the captain and he and Saguenay say "Ice Hockey" at the same time. Love it.

....  Now that I read it again, what is Saguenay referring to when she talks about "turncoat countrymen?"

Archived