Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rhialto

How goes the Progress for Y2?

84 posts in this topic

I wonder, now that the final patch for Y1 has been released, and 2018 is well advanced, whether Black Chicken Studios would be kind enough to tell us how the progress goes.

If they will not do this, might they at least tell us something about Y2's mechanics for adventures? Either would be a great encouragement to me as I write Y2 adventures. I do not want to think that I write for a game that will never be released.

Rhi;

When the Team's ready, I'll be first to let you know. :)

Y2 Adventures are similar to Y1 in basic structure, but there are a few other modes of success and failure. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to discuss them in detail, but suffice to say that it is easier to cast spells and use items inside of an Adventure. :)

Using spells in adventures would be grand! Really grand! Having to cast spells before an adventure (because you tried, learned what you needed and then reloaded) always felt a bit off, especially if it was one of the more happy go lucky adventures.

I'd wish you could tell more, but I'm patient and have a great deal of faith and fondness for the story that the team is creating, so I can wait.

I'm not about as much, but best of fortune! - Now if you'll excuse me, I just learned that there was a patch that I need to download ;)

Rhialto;

Unchanged from before, although the Team touches at least one thing (whether code or writing) each week. The drum beats. :)

On 4/6/2018 at 9:28 PM, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhialto;

Unchanged from before, although the Team touches at least one thing (whether code or writing) each week. The drum beats. :)

Baby Steps Legate, Baby Steps, though eventually I hope we'll hit Death Therapy for full release. This of course will result in litigation from Richard Dreyfuss but hey, that's progress.

Any juicy updates on Y2?

Can you fix your sigi twitter link, Legate?  I feel it is about time to drudge into the new UI. I did, for better or worse, in order to fix my sigi image.

Juicy Updates? No, but there was a quite a bit of Spell-related activity last week.

I've been meaning to do that! Maybe this weekend. :)

Hmm, so that was the reason for the delayed response that I sensed, then? Interesting. It's getting really bad for me that I can actually sense the pulse of the team's workload by the forum's moderator's activities.

I think I feel kind of like Von Rupprecht trying to keep up with Orso's antics.

I've clearly spent too much time here.

Rhi;

Sure! A fun one- some of the game effects of the wind currents in Mineta were created.

I would like to ask if the team would consider telling us what progress has been made whenever they have their weekly(?) progress checkpoints. If anything is too revealing, a simple statement of "Sorry, this part is [redacted]" or something would do. I think that would go a long way to driving up hype, and flaring up our imaginations.

Free;

I'll ask, but I wouldn't think so- given the hours afforded to the project, it probably would take a bit too much time to do it formally.

Mmm.. Well, informal reports every once in a while would be fine, too. :)

Sad it wasn't a Kickstarter because then we could pressure BCS for a monthly update and be angry for the release date be late by many years ;)

LOL! I doubt the Team would ever be so foolish as to give a date for Academagia, unless it was fully funded. :)

Well, it *Sounds* like the team is busy filling up a table of weather effects. Which in turn sounds like they're more or less finished with the game engine (minus polishing, of course...) So I remain hopeful that the Beta will show up some time late this year. It would be really nice to see the progress that's taken so long to produce. From the scraps of info we've managed to piece together, it shouldn't fail to impress once it gets out that door.

We just need to nudge the team along some. :)

@freespace2dotcom your sure you still can play Year 2 when you already having problems with the Steam Version of Year 1?

@Legate of Mineta You know that Kickstarter need you to give a estimated delivery date right when you make the campaign that why I said it was sad as then your probably would have given something like 2015 or even earlier ^^.

My issues are resolution based, and the team knows of them. I am moderately sure (90%+)that they've learned their lessons for Y2. The reason Y1 was only partially fixable was due to them no longer having the Master images available to them. This was all discussed in the steam beta, and since Y2 will have all fresh images, I don't anticipate a problem.

Besides, if it is REALLY going to be an issue, I CAN get a modern monitor if I have to. I just don't want to. I had one, but It broke, and I find my old CRTs to be more reliable, if a bit small for today's era.

Any news on Y2's progress?

Can we get a word as to whether it's possible the Beta will be revealed before the end of the year? That would be super nice! :)