Black Chicken Studios Forums

How goes the Progress for Y2?

Rhialto

2 hours ago, Metis said:

Given how long Y2 has been in development already I'm pretty sure the answer is "too long".

Everything is relative. 

A few month delay or even a full year to implement this is not that much compared to what we have to wait which is x years with x ∈ ]8, +∞[

I just want to see Y2. I can wait a year afterwards for the first DLC, but the Base game needs to be released. If you add a few months now, then you can add a few more months once those initial few months have passed.

Y2 Beta by christmas, or bust! ;)

2 hours ago, freespace2dotcom said:

I just want to see Y2. I can wait a year afterwards for the first DLC, but the Base game needs to be released. If you add a few months now, then you can add a few more months once those initial few months have passed.

Huh ?? I thought that was BCS game design philosophy ? Or did you forget  when Year  2 was few month away... in 2012 ? :rolleyes:

BCS need some kind of plan / vision how everything develop for the full series and this have to be adjusted from time to time especial when things like the cut of the brew class in year 1 happen.

Giving thought how the class continue in year 3 might actual important for year 2 as well because it can show if i.e. a class is missing in year 2, what lore need to be changed or to get a general idea what spells of Y2 should be able to do.

(For year 2 it sounded that BCS initial planed to have Alchemy as a class but with the cut of Brew Class from year 1 Alchemy couldn't be in year 2 any more because the base education for it is missing.)