Black Chicken Studios Forums

How goes the Progress for Y2?

Rhialto

11 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

The race what is the first to be released Magical Diary: Wolf Hall or Academagia Year 2 is still on. Hanako just revealed today that she will make a Kickstarter for Wolf Hall once they have enough Material to show.

Oh dang I had completely forgotten about that.  Damn it's been a while.

make a Kickstarter for Wolf Hall once they have enough Material to show.

Pretty sure Y2 is further along than that. Y2 has been playable from start to finish for a while now.

Has the Team considered a Y2 Kickstarter?

The legate has already addressed Academagia and kickstarters. I forget all the reasons why but I remember that the answer was a firm no. The main reason I think had something to do with having to have an actual deadline for release. ;)

The team will work on Y2 at their own pace. AND they will keep spoilers to an absolute minimum.

Rhialto, if you're really interested, the Legate might give you a quote from one of Y2's stories.

I recalled this Post from 5 years ago (!) where the Legate was handing out quotes from Y2 for us. It's unknown if those quotes were fitting for us specifically or given at random. You never got one so it couldn't hurt to ask.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Legate of Mineta: Inspired by the recent revelation that Y2 will have a read-back feature (Hurrah!), I wonder whether the Team or you would be willing to disclose any progress that has been made on Y2 over the summer, any other new features, and/or possible release timeframes. The last is rather difficult for me to imagine, but I did not imagine that Y2 would have a read-back feature either.

It just goes to show how hard the Team has been working. I'll bet there are multiple features in Y2 that will make some of us want to mod it to play Y1's story, without ever having to touch Y1's engine ever again.

I would really like to ask about when the team plans to unveil Y2 to us. I'm not expecting a date, obviously, but please tell me that all of this isn't dependent on the Y2 class list being uncertain! Perhaps a list of things that still need to be done before you can finally let us in on the loop? Even just telling us the number of things that still need to be done without mentioning all of them in detail would be fine too! :(

3 hours ago, freespace2dotcom said:

It just goes to show how hard the Team has been working. I'll bet there are multiple features in Y2 that will make some of us want to mod it to play Y1's story, without ever having to touch Y1's engine ever again.

I would really like to ask about when the team plans to unveil Y2 to us. I'm not expecting a date, obviously, but please tell me that all of this isn't dependent on the Y2 class list being uncertain! Perhaps a list of things that still need to be done before you can finally let us in on the loop? Even just telling us the number of things that still need to be done without mentioning all of them in detail would be fine too! :(

tumblr_mn08zy4Szy1qb6ikpo10_r1_250.gif

Cryostasis might also a way to live trough all the 5 years of this game but sadly our human bodies are not fit for the ways our scientist can do right now. ;)

Maybe the Legate have us some hint what kind of way the team have to keep around for the planed 5 year if the development of each year take over 8 years each.

No, It's a hint that he is not regularly connected to the team,and so is using unorthodox means to keep track of things that they would not tell him outside of regularly scheduled intervals.