Black Chicken Studios Forums

How goes the Progress for Y2?

Rhialto

6 hours ago, Metis said:

Does that mean Y2 will definitely release before 2025? Free, you might be able to add to your old sig again :).

It gets better than you think. :)

Duke Nukem Forever currently holds a title in the Guinness World Records for having the longest development period for a video game. The record currently stands at 14 years and 44 days starting from when the game was announced to when it was finally released.

Since Y2 was pretty much announced as soon as Y1 was released, and we know when Y1 was released... (August 13, 2010) We now have a tentative no-later-than release date of Thursday,  September  26,  2024. 😎

Technically, it wouldn't count, as it obviously hasn't started development yet. Any reasonable assumption would be that y5 wouldn't be started until after y4 releases.

I'm about 95% sure (I could be wrong, I admit) that at some point the legate admitted that y2 started development shortly after Y1's release, though it probably wasn't on the day of, which would give the Team a little bit more time than the deadline I've arbitrarily set.

Still, l think it's a good far-enough-into-the-future date so as to get the team to be motivated to aim to beat. Hopefully by quite a bit of time, but if they don't...

Well, I can only wonder what my next sigi will be. :)

Oh winds of Winter, OH game of thrones, how far your last season fell. Not that I watched it, but it sounds like everything got thrown out the window.

On the main note, of which I'm certain this has been spoken of before, I'm guessing Y2 is going to be smaller in scope. Focusing on a cast of main characters and then letting all the other characters be like Y1, just portraits and text with nothing else to help game move along. 

15 minutes ago, RespectTheInternet said:

On the main note, of which I'm certain this has been spoken of before, I'm guessing Y2 is going to be smaller in scope. Focusing on a cast of main characters and then letting all the other characters be like Y1, just portraits and text with nothing else to help game move along. 

@Legate of Mineta: Is this true?

• 5 weeks later...