Black Chicken Studios Forums

How goes the Progress for Y2?

Rhialto

Hi there.  Just coming in as an outsider.  The negative "development is dead" Steam reviews are starting to dominate the top of the reviews.  If you guys actually are genuinely continuing development in earnest, it would definitely avoid a general loss of faith if you were less tight-lipped about its status.  As it stands, my skimming perusal of this thread (I've read none others -- just someone who recently took an interest, wondering if development has genuinely ceased, as the top reviews say) leaves me ambivalent.  Smiley-laden there-may-be-somethings and I-can't-says aren't encouraging.

Speaking for myself, I do hope the nay-sayers are wrong!

Rhi;

No, I don't think there's anything planned like that. We'll see, though. :)

Luckspeare;

Hey there, and welcome to the forums!

It's a common refrain, we're well aware of, but...alas, our general experience both as gamers and developers is to show it when you're sure. We'd love to do more consistent reveals, but that's time from the Team we'd prefer to spend other ways. The Academagia side of things is a pretty small set of hours a week.

Fair point, though!

13 hours ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

No, I don't think there's anything planned like that. We'll see, though. :)

Luckspeare;

Hey there, and welcome to the forums!

It's a common refrain, we're well aware of, but...alas, our general experience both as gamers and developers is to show it when you're sure. We'd love to do more consistent reveals, but that's time from the Team we'd prefer to spend other ways. The Academagia side of things is a pretty small set of hours a week.

Fair point, though!

By releasing a Y2 update for 2020, the Team can reduce such rumours, @Legate of Mineta.

5 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

I think by *releasing* Y2, we can reduce such rumors. :)

But with that occurring at an unknown (and perhaps unknowable) time, proving through a public release that Y2 is being worked on will be a useful alternative. Iron Tower Studios did that, and their game (Age of Decadence), although long in development, was a commercial and critical success.

As I'm sure I mentioned before, but I feel is worth repeating here: A Y2 news update is going to silence the people clamouring for Y2...for about a week, maybe less. Unless the Team is willing, and able, to do consistent updates I feel like it's better to not do an update in that vein at all.

Yeah, I've taken to coming back after a week, or a month. Barring the Apocalypse happening, Y2 will release sooner or later. I find other things to do to kill time.

I'm actually more worried about about Y2 causing more questions than answers, and the Legate's infamously [redacted] comments are unlikely to change, even if many more subjects can be broached on a surface level.

Legate: Did that class list of what the 2nd years had available during Y1 get released yet? Don't be a tease! >:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...